Anti-social????

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I thought I would have a late night/early morning rant as I cant sleep, so here is my big issue....its long so be warned :p

As I may have mentioned elsewhere in other posts, I have now moved away from home to uni and I'm staying in halls-which is made up of 5 rooms per flat and everyone in the flat shares the kitchen. Now, I may have also said this in the past, but I have spent basically years getting over social anxieties and stuff- in high school i hardly ever spoke, college was similar, In all my years I have one trusted friend who is now miles away. I like my own space and time away from others some of the time as well- im pretty introverted but here i have been like the most outgoing person around.

Anyway, when I moved in I decided to get out there and make as many friends as possible and basically start over-after all people should be more mature at uni I thought. Up until tuesday it was going fine- I got along with the people in the flat, I speak to the people living opposite and some that are in another building, 2 people from my course and 3 people that live away from the uni campus. That's 19 people-a record for me. But on tuesday me and the 2 girls from my flat were in the kitchen talking-we were saying how fun it is to have our kitchen socials and do more things as a flat-which i agree with. They started talking about going on nights out to the clubs-I basically have a phobia of crowded places, i don't like alcohol or drunk people and loud music gets me edgy-I also cant dance and just generally feel uncomfortable being in them-but i have been on nights out though which is huge thing for me! I said that i would see about going out with them at some point so all was good. After more talking, one of the girls started commenting on the flat opposite; they are all female, they do seem pretty shy and after speaking to them i heard they have low self esteem but as a flat they are doing fine-I can fully understand how they feel. They don't really leave the flat at all and just stick together.

However the girl i was chatting with in the kitchen said that people like them (that don't like clubbing and are shy) should not be at university. She said that they are anti-social and bring everyone down. Thing is, she knows that I am the same as them girls so i explained that some people just aren't as outgoing as others-yet she continued to ***** about any shy person and also about me-which is never a nice thing to hear. This same girl turns her nose up at my gay friend i made here whenever he is mentioned or around. I also believe she has a problem with me being asexual tbh but thats not important really. She went on to say how the flats above her all get along and go out all the time-yet when she is just talking to me all she does is moan about them being noisy and drunk and has actually complained to security about them!

Anyway- after she said that and i questioned her, i couldn't stand to be around them so i went to my friends house which i was going to do anyway. On my way out i heard them saying that I was anti-social and all that crap. I get back today and found that everyone is acting a little frosty toward me-so something else was probably said while i was out.

What has totally messed me off is that the girl saying that honeysuckle in my opinion is the true definition of anti-social- she actually said that the other girl in the flat really annoyed her when she had to go home as she was ill. How self centred is that? she said its annoying as she had to sit alone in her room all day-well she didn't have to-she could have gone out and met some new people or spoke to me-but instead she sat and blamed others for her problems. Also, I have spoke to more people and have actually been out more than she has-so if Im antisocial i cant imagine what she is.

Anyway, Im going to speak to them about this-Im just not sure how to-It makes me angry that they would say things like that- I think they are more anti-social for just being nasty and not taking other peoples feelings into consideration. Does anyone have any ideas on how i should talk about this to them? I have to live here for another year and Im not having them acting like this when (in my opinion) they are in the wrong. Are they in the wrong? What i have said is the truth, i have not changed anything. I guess I am just disappointed about uni in general so far and this is just annoying me more- my class is full of people that dont know anything about the subject or are just pretentious twats that talk over everyone and patronise us younger ones, I feel like i made the wrong choice about which uni i chose and I keep thinking i made the wrong choice of course- I wanted to do paramedic science but as i am very bad at maths, i didnt think i would pass the maths entrance exam, so i chose this course which is for a career that I have also been interested in for years- i just cant help but wonder how it would have been at another uni or on the other course :(

there's my rant over, I feel better now :D I just cant seem to master short posts though!

hi,u actuly got me to real a hole rant,grats :)

well theres good and bad

good thers some girls like you(some females to talk to that may understand)

and that girl that cant shut up,make her shut up,idk how :D

enyways,nice hearing from you again :D

Syber Tiger said:
hi,u actuly got me to real a hole rant,grats :)

well theres good and bad

good thers some girls like you(some females to talk to that may understand)

and that girl that cant shut up,make her shut up,idk how :D

enyways,nice hearing from you again :D

Well, it was only a matter of time before you read the long posts! :p
Well I now have a way of making the whole flat shut up for a while- I have the flu- al it takes is a few sneezes......

Good to hear from you again too- keep up the reading long posts :D

Can you explain the way everything is situated? Is a flat a floor of a dorm? Or is it an apartment or just one room? I'm just having trouble picturing how things are all set up.

So while I don't fully understand everything, I can say that people need to grow up.

[Edit- You know what? Nevermind. I totally missed the explanation in your first paragraph.]

kamya said:
Can you explain the way everything is situated? Is a flat a floor of a dorm? Or is it an apartment or just one room? I'm just having trouble picturing how things are all set up.

So while I don't fully understand everything, I can say that people need to grow up.

Hey,

Well Im living in halls-which is basically a big building on each floor there are 2 flats- a flat consists of 5 rooms that each have one person in and the people from the 5 rooms all share a kitchen. On my floor of the building there is my flat and one that is opposite that has 5 other people in. Hope that helps :D

I was going to speak to them today but they have all been scattered around so haven't seen them, I was thinking I will ask them if they have a problem, and if they do Ill tell them to grow up and realise that not everyone shares there interest in acting like kids. Im only 2 years older then them yet it feels like a generation!

Latest posts

Back