Approaching women on street and pick up lines.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless it's tight spandex. There I go again revealing too much
Of what i do on spare time

Kilt, someone said?

05c319ce0963b547429311b4d5516179.jpg

Haven't read the whole thread...

But I think that line would only work on a woman that:
1. Enjoys and craves for sexual attention/ flirtation from anyone and anything etc. (Think of the many youthful Instagram self-made underwear and bikini "models" with a million people liking and calling them sexy on their pics; aka Kim Kardashian-wannabes)
2. Sexually attracted to you immediately and is DTF at that moment

You might be able to get away with such a pick-up line depending on what the girl is like, her interest level in you and probably at a hookup environment like the bar. However, in a public normal setting (say, at the library or park), you're better off just talking generic simple topics such as: "How was your day?" or common interests (maybe she's wearing a concert shirt of a band that you like) etc.

I personally would ignore and dislike a stranger commenting on my legs...it makes me uncomfortable. I notice that some men actually get angry when a woman is not receptive to their catcalling (read an article about a man running over a woman down after she ignored him screaming at her about her body) or then they start blaming feminism...sad. The truth is, everyone has different boundaries for what they find comfortable with strangers. In my opinion, it's better to just start off with simple conversation until you know her better before you start making physical comments. When you are in a relationship with a woman, you can blab on as much as you want about how much you love her tits/ ass/ legs etc. and she'll probably be delighted. Random girl waiting at the bus stop or shopping in the grocery store? Probably not.

I had a little read of some posts on this thread, and I seem to agree with most people. It depends on the girl; despite one's best efforts and sharpest tongue. It's dependent on how receptive the girl is to you. For example, once I was in a pub and a girl walked past and asked me '~ do you know where the ladies toilets are?' and I told her and said "you're cute" and she said "so are you" and we kissed for some time. Then she went on her merry way. It was the most random encounter I have had with pulling a girl in a pub.

What I'm trying to say is, it is spontaneous when a girl will respond positively to your admiration. And based on the individual and current mood/environment, whether you say "you're cute" or quote Shakespeare.

ODear-_-Tragedy said:
I had a little read of some posts on this thread, and I seem to agree with most people. It depends on the girl; despite one's best efforts and sharpest tongue. It's dependent on how receptive the girl is to you. For example, once I was in a pub and a girl walked past and asked me '~ do you know where the ladies toilets are?' and I told her and said "you're cute" and she said "so are you" and we kissed for some time. Then she went on her merry way. It was the most random encounter I have had with pulling a girl in a pub.

What I'm trying to say is, it is spontaneous when a girl will respond positively to your admiration. And based on the individual and current mood/environment, whether you say "you're cute" or quote Shakespeare.

What I got out of this is - you must be cute. For those of us who aren't cute, this won't work. :(

bd1974 said:
ODear-_-Tragedy said:

What I got out of this is - you must be cute. For those of us who aren't cute, this won't work. :(

That's not what I got out of it.  To me it says....try it, sometimes it will work, sometimes it won't.  What you have to remember is that it will NEVER work if you never try. Whether you are trying what Tragedy said or something else.

Every line isn't going to work on every woman, but some lines are certainly going to wield a lower percentage of success. In the case of "nice legs", I feel like you're asking to get pepper sprayed-- and if you can avoid getting pepper sprayed, I recommend going down that route. It sucks. Yes, I pepper sprayed myself as a child, that's a whole different story.

Flirting may seem like it comes only from your actual words, but there is a lot more to human interaction than what we say- body language facial expression, the tone of your voice. Being attractive to the recipient definitely helps sugar coat your choice of words. However, don't think that because you think you're unattractive that other people would agree with that assessment.

If you're not being picky, and just cold calling women on the street, what it's going to come down to is a numbers game- you try your witless interpretation of the limbs of the woman on as many women as you can. A lot of them will consider alerting the police, most will ignore you or reject you, but some may be like "Thanks! I really like your elbows! Want to get coffee?" or whatever body part aficionados are into these days.

This kind of reeks of the ultimate form a desperation, which would be one of the biggest turn-offs to women beyond the creepy vibe it might give off.

When you have to resort to cold approaching women on the street, it says "I can't find a partner through legitimate avenues like a social circle, shared activities, or even online, so I've resorted to playing a numbers game by harassing strangers going about their daily business."

Some women might appreciate the directness. Some may in fact be desperate enough for attention, sexy times, etc. They will however be in a very very small minority.

You should ask yourself if it has really come to this, whether there are no other options.

ardour said:
This kind of reeks of the ultimate form a desperation, which would be one of the biggest turn-offs to women beyond the creepy vibe it might give off.

When you have to resort to cold approaching women on the street, it says "I can't find a partner through legitimate avenues like a social circle, shared activities, or even online, so I've resorted to playing a numbers game by harassing strangers going about their  daily business."

Some women might appreciate the directness. Some may in fact be desperate enough for attention, sexy times, etc. They will however be in a very very small minority.  

You should ask yourself if it has really come to this, whether there  are no other options.
Just saw my old thread was curious if there were any replies on this. And yes I agree it is desperate and everytime I think about doing it which is every few mins I have to hold myself back. And every time I do it it usually doesn't work out in my favor. I feel stalkerish and like some rabid dog. I don't take rejection well. And it seems to be a self-destructive route when i decide to aporoach women in the street. I almost always come off too strong. And that is understandable since I have a very strong sex drive and have not been with a woman in a very very long time. I find myself asking well, where else is there to meet like-minded women? And it usually comes down to one thing, a bar! Yes, i do the online thing. Tinder. Craigslist and in a very ocd obbsessive way no less. And still yields no results, little results. Now back to aooroaching women on the street? Would I do it again? Sure. Always feel dirty after I do though.

But just to add, it's only natrual to want to approach women
On the street. After all that is where you constantly are seeing attractive women throughout the day. I have poor impulse control and it's been that way for as long I can remember not sure what I can attribute that too.

I think that "pick-up" lines have varying degrees of success depending on where you use them, but the most important thing from what my friend who was a former pick-up artist was delivery.
Though I do believe that saying "Nice legs" is a pretty poor pick-up line firstly, and a great way to get blown off immediately though I guess anything can work if you're in a bar or a nightclub.

My friend was using "The Apocalypse Opener" at bars and clubs in order to get what he wanted which is ESSENTIALLY going up to a girl and saying completely deadpan
Friend: "Hey."
Girl: "Hi"
Friend: "How are you?"
Girl: "Fine."
Friend: "Cool, are you doing anything later?"
Girl :"Uhh... Not really."
Friend: "Wanna come back to my place?"
and waiting for her response. Not being weird about it, not make it uncomfortable, asking her straight up like you were asking her how the weather was... And if she said no, he just smiled, said okay, and then striked up new conversation acting as if nothing had ever happened. If she says yes, continue striking up conversation as if nothing had ever happened.

His results actually pretty good, but as with any pick-up, it's a numbers game. Do it to enough people and eventually someone will (probably) respond favorably and that was essentially how it happened. He would go up to hot girls at clubs that he legitimately had a sexual attraction to and GENUINELY tell them what he thought. He told me the beauty of the line was it's the antithesis of Pick-Up. You're not lying to them, using honeyed words or some technique you learnt on the internet, you're being 100% honest and that was the only time he ever used it

Now, if he said that on the STREET? I doubt he'd have gotten nearly as much positive reinforcement as he did at clubs, but there's a different demographic of people on the street, as to being at a club (Though I have had him tell me it's been successful on the street, though at a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH lower percentage)
Moral of the story is this, if you want meaningless sex... Go somewhere where other people are more likely to want meaningless sex just like you. If you wanna "pick-up", best way is to engage a girl in conversation and ACTUALLY GIVE A ****. Care about what they're saying, invest in the discussion. Build rapport and care about them as a person and they're more likely to engage with you.

Important part of pick-up for my friend was the delivery of his lines, and how he held himself in public, very non-defensive posture, friendly and welcoming expression, warm and confident speech and he could do all sorts of things from some random girl he decided to talk to on the street, to a couple of room-mates, to something a little more ballsy like having his hands full of "work stuff" asking a girl to reach for his phone and put her number in.
But even then, he still needed to put work in, in order to get anything out of it. Pretty rare outside of a bar or club that he could go up to a girl and be like "You're hawt... we'll bang, okay?" and she'd be like "Yeeeee aiight boi."

So I mean... No, I wouldn't use "Nice legs". That sounds sleazy to begin with, which means you've already dashed your chances.

Ignis said:
I think that "pick-up" lines have varying degrees of success depending on where you use them, but the most important thing from what my friend who was a former pick-up artist was delivery.
Though I do believe that saying "Nice legs" is a pretty poor pick-up line firstly, and a great way to get blown off immediately though I guess anything can work if you're in a bar or a nightclub.

My friend was using "The Apocalypse Opener" at bars and clubs in order to get what he wanted which is ESSENTIALLY going up to a girl and saying completely deadpan
Friend: "Hey."
Girl: "Hi"
Friend: "How are you?"
Girl: "Fine."
Friend: "Cool, are you doing anything later?"
Girl :"Uhh... Not really."
Friend: "Wanna come back to my place?"
and waiting for her response. Not being weird about it, not make it uncomfortable, asking her straight up like you were asking her how the weather was... And if she said no, he just smiled, said okay, and then striked up new conversation acting as if nothing had ever happened. If she says yes, continue striking up conversation as if nothing had ever happened.

His results actually pretty good, but as with any pick-up, it's a numbers game. Do it to enough people and eventually someone will (probably) respond favorably and that was essentially how it happened. He would go up to hot girls at clubs that he legitimately had a sexual attraction to and GENUINELY tell them what he thought. He told me the beauty of the line was it's the antithesis of Pick-Up. You're not lying to them, using honeyed words or some technique you learnt on the internet, you're being 100% honest and that was the only time he ever used it

Now, if he said that on the STREET? I doubt he'd have gotten nearly as much positive reinforcement as he did at clubs, but there's a different demographic of people on the street, as to being at a club (Though I have had him tell me it's been successful on the street, though at a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH lower percentage)
Moral of the story is this, if you want meaningless sex... Go somewhere where other people are more likely to want meaningless sex just like you. If you wanna "pick-up", best way is to engage a girl in conversation and ACTUALLY GIVE A ****. Care about what they're saying, invest in the discussion. Build rapport and care about them as a person and they're more likely to engage with you.

Important part of pick-up for my friend was the delivery of his lines, and how he held himself in public, very non-defensive posture, friendly and welcoming expression, warm and confident speech and he could do all sorts of things from some random girl he decided to talk to on the street, to a couple of room-mates, to something a little more ballsy like having his hands full of "work stuff" asking a girl to reach for his phone and put her number in.
But even then, he still needed to put work in, in order to get anything out of it. Pretty rare outside of a bar or club that he could go up to a girl and be like "You're hawt... we'll bang, okay?" and she'd be like "Yeeeee aiight boi."

So I mean... No, I wouldn't use "Nice legs". That sounds sleazy to begin with, which means you've already dashed your chances.
Meaningless sex can be helpful at times for the lonley person. That is the problem, where are the others who are wanting that outside of a club or bar? Which I don't frequent and don't enjoy doing so alone or otherwise. 

And back to the street for a moment just feels to desperate anyway you slice it. Not that a bar wouldn't either. So either way I have little to lose. Hate doing both
But there is always that inner part of me, that animal part that says do it! To me it's not the most pleasant way to meet women. Too anxiety inducing. But still think sometimes worth a go

For example. I sit in starbucks for an inordinate period of time.
Tons of pretty and scantily dressed women come in. But I am so sick of being that guy constantly leering and fantasizing about these girls. I don't want to come off as the desperate guy who tries to pick everyone up. And I know a big part of this feeling of discontent is not being sexually active. Being alone for such prolonged periods. Not having a healthy relationship with opposite sex. Leads to that.

Blunt observation: It's hard to imagine women being impressed by an unemployed man who spends his days in a Starbucks.

Pretty much everyone has covered my opinion here. Random people out on the street are going about their day and highly uninterested in hearing what's usually used as pickup lines.

In the end I think if people are getting desperate enough to play the numbers game that way, it's time for more drastic action in their own lives. All that time could go to something like getting into better shape or learning a new musical instrument, which increases their own appeal and gives them something productive to do.

It's so weird to me what I see from men online sometimes. There are guys living with their parents, unemployed, uneducated, fat, out of shape, no friends, no car, no hobbies, can't socialize, and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.

Tealeaf said:
Pretty much everyone has covered my opinion here. Random people out on the street are going about their day and highly uninterested in hearing what's usually used as pickup lines.

In the end I think if people are getting desperate enough to play the numbers game that way, it's time for more drastic action in their own lives. All that time could go to something like getting into better shape or learning a new musical instrument, which increases their own appeal and gives them something productive to do.

It's so weird to me what I see from men online sometimes. There are guys living with their parents, unemployed, uneducated, fat, out of shape, no friends, no car, no hobbies, can't socialize, and they think what they need most and what's most worth posting about online is a girlfriend.

It goes both ways really. A lot of the women whining about/ looking for guys online don't have much going for them either. Both men and women that fit this description seem to have extremely high standards for what they actually have to offer as well. I find it entertaining but it's also a bit sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back