Christmas Card Exchange, 2014!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine from Eve this morning. I got Alma's a long time ago now. I got one from someone who shall remain nameless. I'm awaiting one more. Not bad considering I didn't take part in the thread :p

I was too worried that no one would want to exchange them with me. Does that make me a bit of a coward?

Not a coward Cavey, a dafty mibbies :p

I got a wonderful card today from Eve today, it made me smile & such lovely sentiments written inside-thanks so much my dear-very much appreciated.

Ooo how nice. Y'all have to pardon my crappy handwriting when my cards are received. I wish my writing was as beautiful as my mom's was back in the day.

VanillaCreme said:
Ooo how nice. Y'all have to pardon my crappy handwriting when my cards are received. I wish my writing was as beautiful as my mom's was back in the day.

I wouldn't worry about that I were you. :p
I write so much (and so quickly) at work, that my writing resembles that of a doctor.

Cavey said:
I was too worried that no one would want to exchange them with me. Does that make me a bit of a coward?

Nah - I chose to give and not receive, so you can be in my group. That *is* the cool group, anyway. :p

EveWasFramed said:
VanillaCreme said:

I wouldn't worry about that I were you. :p
I write so much (and so quickly) at work, that my writing resembles that of a doctor.

For reference:

miloslavic_eduard_Katyn-1943-04-30_640.jpg

No cards, No tree, No garland this year! I've boycotted Christmas and that makes me happy!

No kid in the house this year...therefore, Christmas shall be scary movies and alcohol and perhaps some catnip for the kitties!

It's more of a Festivus-type thing really. Maybe I should whip up a taco bar, hmm...

You Festive Folk have no idea what you are missing over here in Humbug-Land!

* prances off, snootily, ponders his own sophistication *

jd7 said:
* prances off, snootily, ponders his own sophistication *

[youtube]3Yn8LN20-S0[/youtube]

For some reason prancing reminds me of fauns.

And, this leads me to Narnia.

o_O enjoy?

(the sound quality on this video sucks)

Cavey said:
I got mine from Eve this morning. I got Alma's a long time ago now. I got one from someone who shall remain nameless. I'm awaiting one more. Not bad considering I didn't take part in the thread :p

Wait, what? You were a stealth participator? :D You should have went all in and joined us! :)

-Teresa

I received 2 today from Regumika and LadyF but the envelopes are wet! Darn rain today somehow leaked into my mailbox. So anxiously waiting for the envelopes to dry, hopefully by tomorrow! :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Cavey said:

Wait, what? You were a stealth participator? :D You should have went all in and joined us! :)

-Teresa

I certainly should have done. I didn't have any intention of participating, then a couple of people approached me and said they'd like to exchange cards and that got me to approach a couple of people myself and it went on from there.

There were loads of people that I'd have liked/been happy to exchange cards with, but the massive majority of people taking part were female and many women (understandably) don't feel comfortable handing out their address to a strange man - especially a single man. I didn't think my self-esteem could take it if I was completely blanked.

Cavey said:
There were loads of people that I'd have liked/been happy to exchange cards with, but the massive majority of people taking part were female and many women (understandably) don't feel comfortable handing out their address to a strange man - especially a single man. I didn't think my self-esteem could take it if I was completely blanked.

:cool: I don't think you're strange.

LOL :p I think you're cool.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

I agree, he's cool.

SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

I agree, he's cool.

I meant 'strange man' as in 'stranger', but to be honest, with me... it works either way. :p

Cavey said:
SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

I agree, he's cool.

I meant 'strange man' as in 'stranger', but to be honest, with me... it works either way. :p

I know what you meant. :p I was making a funny.

EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:
SophiaGrace said:
EveWasFramed said:
Cavey said:

I agree, he's cool.

I know what you meant. :p I was making a funny.

So was I! ...definitely a strange man...

Latest posts

Back