Discrimination against guys with long hair

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Braces are awful, Vanilla. I can't wait till I get them off.

Other than being in pain for, if I remember, maybe 4, 5 days because they just want to JAM honeysuckle in between your teeth - WITHOUT ANY warning whatsofuckingever - they weren't all that bad. But I eventually ended up pulling my wire out because it was poking the back of my cheek. Soft fleshy cheek + sharp, thin wire = not a great feeling in my book.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
I am relieved that I won't have to cut my hair to get a job. Long hair is really what I am, and I only have a limited amount of time, as a guy, to enjoy having it...so I really shouldn't have to cut it.

I'm confused though as to why you would have limited time. Limited time with long hair? You could, theoretically, keep your hair long for the rest of your years.

EveWasFramed said:
I didn't get braces until I was in my early 30's.
For some reason, guys loved them and said they were sexy. :p

Just got a boner from reading that, like... right now.

EveWasFramed said:

I think so too ;)

VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Other than being in pain for, if I remember, maybe 4, 5 days because they just want to JAM honeysuckle in between your teeth - WITHOUT ANY warning whatsofuckingever - they weren't all that bad. But I eventually ended up pulling my wire out because it was poking the back of my cheek. Soft fleshy cheek + sharp, thin wire = not a great feeling in my book.

Oh yes. I have a wire sticking into my cheek right now, and it ******* hurts...I've had big gashes inside my mouth.

Not sexy!

I'm confused though as to why you would have limited time. Limited time with long hair? You could, theoretically, keep your hair long for the rest of your years.

Because I will probably go bald eventually. My dad went bald, so I suspect that, given family history and genetics, I will eventually have to shave my head in order to look halfway decent.

Not really an issue for me, if people wanna give me crap for something like the length of my hair I automatically know that whatever comes out of their mouth gets a spot in my mental trashbin

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
VanillaCreme said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:

Oh yes. I have a wire sticking into my cheek right now, and it ******* hurts...I've had big gashes inside my mouth.

Not sexy!

Because I will probably go bald eventually. My dad went bald, so I suspect that, given family history and genetics, I will eventually have to shave my head in order to look halfway decent.

Gashes, gosh. I was fortunate enough not to get any gashes. And that wax stuff, those little sticks of it that you're supposed to break off some and place them over places that cause you sores... What a joke! Tried it once, and the wax was hell to get out of the bracket thing. I knew back then I'd much rather deal with some pain than to try and pick out melted wax from metal, rubber, and concrete.

However, the hair... Hair genetics come from your mother's side. So, you may not lose it, or much. Most of us go bald with age anyway.

Limlim said:
EveWasFramed said:

Just got a boner from reading that, like... right now.

LOL

Um, I'm surprised any guy would find them sexy cause...well...you know...

I had long hair for a lot of my life. not down to my belt long, but to the shoulders or beyond mostly.
for me, I partly had a purpose. I was the front man in a hard rock band and the rest of the guys had longer hair than me lol.
I worked as a tradesman in peoples homes and businesses, and even managed a paint store at one point and never really had problems.
really I started keeping it short because it was starting to become scraggly looking as I got older and it got thinner ;p
and that really is the point that people notice. if it is well kept and trimmed it's a lot different than if its completely uncut and nest-like.
I had a few friends that I swear must have something living inside there.... and THAT is what really turns people off.

Sigma said:
Not really an issue for me, if people wanna give me crap for something like the length of my hair I automatically know that whatever comes out of their mouth gets a spot in my mental trashbin

:D I like the attitude.

Walley said:
I had a few friends that I swear must have something living inside there.... and THAT is what really turns people off.

Rofl... that's.. ew. :\

I don't really see much of a difference with men with longer hair. I think it actually looks very good on some men. I really wouldn't judge someone one way or another if he just had shoulder length hair.

ladyforsaken said:
Walley said:

Rofl... that's.. ew. :\

I know, right... I love freshly washed hair. And although it takes me longer to wash my hair than it does to scrub every bit of my body, and then some, I love it when my hair is freshly washed. I dislike combing the bird's nest out after that... But still! So fresh and so clean, clean. Jeremy washed his hair after messing with the waterline, and oh my gosh, I want to touch it all the days. So fluffy and soft. :D

His hair has gotten pretty long too. We usually end up cutting it about once a year, but oh my, if my hair grew that fast, so long and soft, I'd be on the four wheeler letting it blow in the wind. I wish I were better at cutting hair, because the second to last time I accidentally gave him dinosaur prints on his sideburns.

VanillaCreme said:
His hair has gotten pretty long too. We usually end up cutting it about once a year, but oh my, if my hair grew that fast, so long and soft, I'd be on the four wheeler letting it blow in the wind. I wish I were better at cutting hair, because the second to last time I accidentally gave him dinosaur prints on his sideburns.

Rofl Nilla.... I did a similar thing for my brother.. and that was the last time I ever cut hair for anyone.

ladyforsaken said:
VanillaCreme said:

Rofl Nilla.... I did a similar thing for my brother.. and that was the last time I ever cut hair for anyone.

I didn't cut my brother's hair as bad, although one time, I did cut it too short. However, for his prom years ago, my mom cut his hair, and she was trimming the top, and he moved - turned his head for some reason - and he had a mark on the very top of his head that looked exactly like a cat paw. My mom couldn't even be mad at it, it was so funny. Thank goodness he's so tall, that most people can't even see the very top of his head.

Latest posts

Back