Do you believe in God?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't believed in God since I've graduated highschool. On a footnote; can I critisize religion on this forum, or would that get me voted off the island?

Rigel said:
On a footnote; can I critisize religion on this forum, or would that get me voted off the island?

It's a touchy subject for many.

Criticizing religion as a general topic of discussion isn't allowed here, simply because there's been a history of people getting angry and flaming each other about it. We try to keep a certain atmosphere on the forum, so if you're gonna play, be sure to PLAY NICE.

It would be best to give any criticisms as YOUR PERSONAL OPINION (instead of a generalization of a religion as a whole), and don't dedicate entire threads to the issue.

Badjedidude said:
Rigel said:
On a footnote; can I critisize religion on this forum, or would that get me voted off the island?

It's a touchy subject for many.

Criticizing religion as a general topic of discussion isn't allowed here, simply because there's been a history of people getting angry and flaming each other about it. We try to keep a certain atmosphere on the forum, so if you're gonna play, be sure to PLAY NICE.

and don't dedicate entire threads to the issue.

Of course I wouldn't attack someones personal beliefs just for the sake of it, but I might have an unbiased look at it some time. Going perhaps on the lines of: "I think some aspects of religion, like faith, may harm people in such and such circumstances." that's just an unbiased observation, not a personal attack.
If I get banned becouse of that, or should cower away from something similar, then I feel trampled

I didn't even think of opening a thread on it. I suppose I shouldn't becouse I could open the floodgates by accident?

God does exist. I was a nonbeliever, but I had an experience when I was much younger which changed my belief. Believe me, He exists.

Yup. I was an atheist for years, though. Don't ask me for empirical proof because it doesn't work that way. People never ask for empirical proof when it comes to love, though the vast majority of humanity seems to believe that love exists.

joe_the_mormon_me_and_god_are_like_this_t_shirt-d2353162813775766683aby_210.jpg

I think he might exist, I talk to him all the time in my head, but I don't have the time to worship something like that, he's an imaginary friend to me at most. Wouldn't really feel disappointed to find out he doesn't, if he exists somewhere and is doing nothing, that's great too.

rothniel said:
Yup. I was an atheist for years, though. Don't ask me for empirical proof because it doesn't work that way. People never ask for empirical proof when it comes to love, though the vast majority of humanity seems to believe that love exists.

but love isn't some imaterial thing that flies through the ether, defying all empirical proof. Scientists, such as neurochemists, have a pretty good explanation what it is. just a tought

Rigel said:
but love isn't some imaterial thing that flies through the ether, defying all empirical proof.

people who love Justin Bieber's music defy all empirical proof of his songs sucking.

[respect to Stratford; my condolences for your late reputation.]

:p

I was an atheist for a while, but I think a lot of hot air is getting blown around about something that can't be proved or disproved one way or the other.

I believe in giving meaning to the earth through nature, perhaps this a kind of God.

Justin Bieber proves their is no God - he exists, Freddie Mercury is dead :(

JUST KIDDING.

I'm a bit unsure on the whole God thing. Hmm.

Absolutely not...no ghosts, no spirits, no predicting who's calling on the phone, no luck, no Friday 13th, no lucky pennies or rabbit feet, no hocus pocus, no crystals, and definitely no god(s) of any kind.

Prove it empirically or get away.

Latest posts

Back