Do you enjoy going out by yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike413

Reaction score
If I go out and do stuff it's going to be myself since I live alone. Sometimes I have to force myself to go out especially on the weekends.

I have no problems with going to fast food or places like that to eat(although I'm trying to lose weight so I'm trying to stop going to most of them)but will not go to a restaurant by myself and rarely go to the movies by myself(although I used to quite a bit). After having some negative experiences at concerts I don't go to many anymore but sometimes will still go by myself if I really want to go.

So what do you guys think? Movies, coffee shops, restaurants, plays, museums, concerts? The library and shopping and laundry are easy to go to and the last two are very important. But what about social stuff? DO you force yourself to go out? I'm going out in a little bit but not sure how that will turn out. LOL.

To answer my own question I usually don't enjoy it much but I do it anyway since it's better than sitting at home by myself all the time.

Yea, I tend to go to most places by myself. And as much as I do enjoy it, I wouldn't mind company every once in awhile.

Mike413 said:
If I go out and do stuff it's going to be myself since I live alone. Sometimes I have to force myself to go out especially on the weekends.

I have no problems with going to fast food or places like that to eat(although I'm trying to lose weight so I'm trying to stop going to most of them)but will not go to a restaurant by myself and rarely go to the movies by myself(although I used to quite a bit). After having some negative experiences at concerts I don't go to many anymore but sometimes will still go by myself if I really want to go.

So what do you guys think? Movies, coffee shops, restaurants, plays, museums, concerts? The library and shopping and laundry are easy to go to and the last two are very important. But what about social stuff? DO you force yourself to go out? I'm going out in a little bit but not sure how that will turn out. LOL.

To answer my own question I usually don't enjoy it much but I do it anyway since it's better than sitting at home by myself all the time.
I have only gone to the cinema alone once in my whole life but I've often gone to concerts on my own. If there's a concert or movie I really want to see and no-one I know is available to go with me, chances are I'll go by myself anyway. As for eating in restaurants alone, I try to avoid it lol.

The funny thing is I wound up not going out by myself tonight. Ughhh.

Yeah, going to a restaurant by myself is worse than going to a concert by myself. I might do it if the place isn't too expensive or fancy but I'll go with someone if possible instead or not go at all. A pizza place or something really casual(ie subway or any fastfood is not a big deal though).

Depends on where I'm going really. It's a bit depressing to go to certain places on your own...

When I moved to a new city it was hard. I don't like doing things alone and eating is a way for me to feel better so I frequent restaurants. Most tables have at least two people so it reminds me I'm alone.

Since my gf moved out, it's been better...superficially. We barely talk and eating out with her is like eating by myself. Reminds me how in trouble our relationship is in...

MellyVinelli said:
Since my gf moved out, it's been better...superficially. We barely talk and eating out with her is like eating by myself. Reminds me how in trouble our relationship is in...

:(

There's nothing wrong with a little self-love in the form of a mocha. At least it won't make your palms hairy.

I don't really go out much by myself, but I don't really have friends to go out with, so I simply don't go out much in general.

el Jay said:
I don't really go out much by myself, but I don't really have friends to go out with, so I simply don't go out much in general.

Depending on how we define going out I would be in the same boat. Going out as far as to bars or out to movies and stuff on the weekends I don't do it but am trying to get over it and get the nerve to do it more. I do go out just not so much in a social way. I went to the gym today but it's not really a social environment so I can't count it.

going to the cinema is alot better.

I have been before with a couple of women. All one did was moan about everything. The other one used to slag me off if she didn't like the film.

Mike413 said:

I'll go to see concerts by myself if nobody else will go. Sometimes I'll run to a book store just to peruse. But otherwise I don't normally leave the apartment unless someone else drags me out. I'm content being at home.

Mike413 said:

I run most of my errands by myself, but I prefer to have company for that kinda thing. I am not brave enough to go out and do social things like a movie or a restaurant by myself. But also I can't imagine having any fun doings thing like that alone anyway.

I tend to bring a friend along when i go do stuff like buying clothes or something, but i prefer going alone. Tomorrow i plan on going to have lunch at a restorant on my own, for the first time. Looking forward to it.

Winterclaw said:
I go to movies alone. People may find it strange, but I enjoy it that way.

I go in the afternoon when it's quiet.

Mike413 said:

I go to coffee shops and plays by myself... Its depressing to go to the movies alone... Other than that I am indoors... Although people watching can be fun...

Love going out on my own.

Don't have to listen to the mundane drivel of some partner/passenger

Don't have to get dragged around shops I don't want to be in, nor have any business being in.

It's just nice to go where I please and please where I go.

Latest posts

Back