Do you ever talk to yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I don't talk to myself.

Yes you do!

What?

You said you don't talk to yourself.

So?

But you do!

Prove it!

Oh honeysuckle.

I think talking to yourself is OK ...its when you start answering you know you got a problem LOL

Minus said:
yeah, all the time, but i don't listen to myself because i am sure that i am just spouting off gibberish.

Same, same.

But sometimes we do have a good conversation.

Possibly at least once a day, verbalising my thoughts and how I feel, as a way of self-expression.

I also do it as an artist - repeating a phrase can lead to visualising an image for a painting.

In general, I regard it as a very positive exercise in developing the imagination, and a creative, liberating experience.

I talk to myself often. Sometimes I even do when I am out walking, though I try to be careful to do this when no one is around. I wish there were more empty spaces for me to walk where I could be fairly sure that I could be alone with my thoughts.

I feel like it helps in many ways. For one, it helps me remember these thoughts because if they just stay in my head, they might just be swept away in my stream of thoughts. It also helps me focus. Finally, it helps me release my thoughts when I'm angry, sad, confused, or otherwise feeling like my mind is a mess. It helps me talk through things when there is either no one to talk to about it, or when it's something I don't feel comfortable telling someone about.

Yes I do it all the time, especially when I'm really lonely and have nobody to talk too.

All the time, it's usually nonsensical jibberish though. Just those days when you feel like you need to say something but have little of substance to say.

The most common things I tend to talk about to myself typically revolve around either my opinion on God or how much I like or (much more often) utterly despise myself.

Maybe it's cathartic sometimes, who knows. I'm always worried about people catching me doing it though.

Yeah, it's a bit embarrassing actually. I find it helps me clarify my thoughts and plan things out...

Very occasionally when doing a task that involves a list of things to do, I'd subconsciously remind myself what's next. However, more often, when I remember something I did that was very embarrassing; I'll say something out lout that I wish I said or did back then as I replay the moment in my own head. Haha.

Latest posts

Back