Do you ever talk to yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ofcourse I talk to myself, atleast then I can have a decent conversation...
But no, seriously, it's not that weird, you just speak out while others think

We have a constant dialogue going on in our head so I see nothing wrong in saying things out loud from time to time. I spent a lot of time on my own and sometimes the next time I have to speak I find my voice has gone weak and croaky for lack of use. I remember one time, having a heavy cold and answering the phone after three days of silence to find I'd actually lost my voice and hadn't known. So think of it as vocal exercises.

Best part of living alone was being able to talk to myself most of the day. I miss that.

I can't recall if I've ever commented on this topic before, but, yes. I do talk to myself. I even compulsively repeat what I've said if it doesn't sound right. But I figured that as long as I'm not talking to a hallucination, then it's fine.

:D

Yep. Chronically. I "think out loud" to myself a lot..I think and write almost entirely from a stream of consciousness. I think I talk to myself in part because it's easier for me to analyze myself and thoughts that way. I also live a very busy life, rendering my social interaction to a minimal level.

I've tried, but in the end I feel like an idiot for I dunno what to talk about. Haha.. Not a talkative person, I guess.

IncolaVacui, I also analyze my thoughts and ideas through self-talk. It's a good way to make plans.

I talked to myself a lot when I was younger, when I was going though bad times. I still find myself doing this when I’m feeling low.

Latest posts

Back