Do you guys feel like you are dependent on online friendships?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris516 said:
While I agree 'online friendships' lack something that 'face-to-face friendships' have(being able to see a person's physical reactions when they say something or hear something). Online friendships potentially allow for more honesty the face-to-face friendships.

People are able to 'let their guard down', to an extent online. Because if immediate retribution or rejection were to be the response, they wouldn't experience the pain of a face-to-face response.
That is not really what I mean.. the thing i mean is..

Online, it is so much more easy, a person can start to ignore the friend, or turn on them, or spread ill things about them, or disappear, or turn out they never really care at all about the friend to start with, and so on. I hear of this situation so much and witness it too, never I would want the chance of it.

Of course, it is not only online this sort of thing happens. But it is much easier on theinternet, i think.

But, I do see what you mean, good points of it. It sounds so nice, in an ideal way, and I am glad for any person it can work.. As for me, I think people are too fickle..

fox said:
Chris516 said:
While I agree 'online friendships' lack something that 'face-to-face friendships' have(being able to see a person's physical reactions when they say something or hear something). Online friendships potentially allow for more honesty the face-to-face friendships.

People are able to 'let their guard down', to an extent online. Because if immediate retribution or rejection were to be the response, they wouldn't experience the pain of a face-to-face response.
That is not really what I mean.. the thing i mean is..

Online, it is so much more easy, a person can start to ignore the friend, or turn on them, or spread ill things about them, or disappear, or turn out they never really care at all about the friend to start with, and so on. I hear of this situation so much and witness it too, never I would want the chance of it.

Of course, it is not only online this sort of thing happens. But it is much easier on theinternet, i think.

But, I do see what you mean, good points of it. It sounds so nice, in an ideal way, and I am glad for any person it can work.. As for me, I think people are too fickle..

Yes, Without question. People are too fickle about who they want to be with. Mostly because they are too idealistic when it comes to who they want to be with.

Latest posts

Back