Do you have a side of yourself that you're afraid of?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tell us more :shy:

I dunno if I am afraid of myself:
I've noticed that sometimes when I've tried very hard to be more social with people or just had a hard week, I have a day or more when I am quite selfish with my time and energy. I guess it's just a way of redressing the balance.

In a lonely place said:
Tell us more :shy:

I dunno if I am afraid of myself:
I've noticed that sometimes when I've tried very hard to be more social with people or just had a hard week, I have a day or more when I am quite selfish with my time and energy. I guess it's just a way of redressing the balance.

That doesn't sound so bad IALP.

(hug)

if i wasn't afraid of it i would talk about it but yours doesn't sound like anything to be afraid or upset about. Sounds normal. :)

Yea, I do. And I'm glad I have it, because that side is what makes me strong and independent.

Liam said:
Yea, I do. And I'm glad I have it, because that side is what makes me strong and independent.

If you're glad you have it why are you afraid of it?

Because sometimes it might go too far. That's the scary part.

I'm afraid of getting really angry, like an exploding volcano. I've gotten upset and I've gotten mad but never so angry that it's irrational or that I've lost control.

Yes I do.

The side of myself I am afraid of is in past relationships I have been unfaithful. I don't want that to happen ever again. I think I am so critical of my better half because as long as he meets expectations, I don't have to worry about it happening. It is a dysfunctional part of my line of thinking but it is what it is. And most certainly the part of my past that makes me ashamed and afraid.

i used to but not anymore....
I used to think I was really bad.
I got exposed to other people that did some really
terrible stuff. It truamatized the live honeysuckle out of me.
It really, really busted my bubble.

So basically im a freaken saint to a lot of people.
I believe, Ive reach my threashold or limits of
negative crap. Thats why I got sick for being around toxic people.

Im not saying i havnt done bad things in my life.
I carried the guilt and remorse for them.
At the sametime being able to talk to people
that were involved...a lot of things got exagerated and Twisred out of porpotion.

Not just one incidents or with just one person. I was able to talk to several people
from my past the played major roles in my life on some serious turning points and
circumstances in my life...The so call bad side of me that came out of me or the
people were involved. None of us were innocent thats for **** sure.

I used to carry all of that burden but the truth of the matter is I got involvrd with some
really sick people. I tried to clean my side of street and I that's all I can do. What I've done wrong.

Some people that i hurted...Hurted me really really bad too.
Some people can admit it and appologize to me sincerely and try to rectify things.
Some people havnt, cant or chose not to.

The more i recover. the more I can see clearer.

At the sametime I've also been exposed to positive people in my life.
I also met people that havnt been exposed to bad stuff.
So I'm like a major sinner to those people. I dont even tell them half the stuff I lived through or done.
Their hair would turn white. I would burst their bubble.

Yes. The part of me which hates myself. The part which drags me down into a whirlpool of depression, loneliness and fear. I am scared that one day it will take me over completely and I will either go mad or kill myself.

I think everyone has a side of themselves (even a small part) that they are afraid of...

I'm the only person in this world that I'm afraid off...
People don't scare me (believe that or not, I don't really care), what happens with others will happen regardless, so why be scared. Be prepared for everything, do what you can and that's all you can do.
But me, well, I know how I can be, I know what I can do to myself, THAT is what scares me... (there's a little more too it than that, but I won't go into it)

I'm afraid of the side of me that gets angry, not because I would do violence to someone - I am not a violent person - but I do hurt with words.

I am afraid that if I don't manage to rein in my anger, eventually I will say something in the heat of anger, something which I do not truly mean, but something that will cause irreparable damage to my relationships.

im a suicide survivalist....brought back from the dead.....
No thrests. No trying to get attentions. No bring people down.
No hotlines. No ganes. No pity.
It was a ciold day in hell........

I was mire afrsid of living than dying.
I hated everything and everyone.

A beautiful young nurse took me home wirh her.
She tried to love me back to life.
She love and hold me like I needed to love.
She was more beautiful of a woman or person than any man can
dream or hope for. All the reasons in the world to live.
She was an angel

She screamed and cried her heart out begging
me to stay as i packed my bags in the middle
of the night on a whim. As if I was compell to
do it.

I drove over a 1000 miles all night. Not really knowing why.
As soon as i got back to CA. The moment i got back into
town to stop for gas or make a phone call to my parents
to let them know I was in town....

There she was. The first person I ran into. My HS sweetheart.
The love of my life. 4 years had gone by since i last saw her face.
If Id arrived a minute sooner or a sec later...I would had missed her completely.
Kimi was concieve 2 months later. FATE....
There's a reason for everything.

Some people believe that we chose to come into this life
as who we are. We chose the many experinces before hand.
We even chose whom our parents are.
Kimi is who she is becuase of who she is...fath
The reason I was brought back from the dead. The journey of a lost soul.

And...Im not really sure why I was compelled to tell the one I love so much
to fresia off in 20 different ways recently. She screamed and cried her heart out
because she is the love of my life. It was weird..cuase I love her so much and
the last thing in the world I would want to do is do that, no matter how much
had gone wrong...Fate have a way with me.
Maybe someday the answers will be revealed to me. (as always)
Becuase as I'm walking through the valley of the shadows of death...nothing absolutly nothing makes sense to me.
The reasons and purpose of everything.

I have a dark side. Everyone does.

However, mine was very apparent when I was mentally sick with Bipolar disorder. I did a lot of crazy and irrational things. I screamed, hit people, threw and broke things. I had an anger that was undeniable and scary.

I am able to control myself better now, with medication, with writing songs, and by engaging in the activities that I do. I no longer feel the need to be violent.

Yes. Its the side of me that wants to put the effort in to "making a life" for myself. I don't know how far it will go to achieve its goal!

Ah yes, the part of me that is an enemy to all. The part of me that wishes to prey on the flesh of the intelligent people and engage in purely sadistic and hedonistic acts. The part of me that wishes to force itself upon others violently and selfishly. I'm so hungry to taste the fear of others. My own has all but jaded me and I need something stronger. I crave the screaming and crying of anguished souls. It makes me :)

The sad thing of this all is that it is my friend. Can't live with it, can't live without it. Through thick and thin. Through wrong and right. I'm not going down alone.

Latest posts

Back