Do you like the way you look?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Stars

I don't...

I mean, makeup, exercise, dressing well can only do so much...

I find myself becoming very jealous of girls who are beautiful and popular because I'd like to have that...

Oh well............................................................

Edit:
Also what sucks is how guys look past me and to other girls around me...
Like some instances when I talked to guys face-to-face and they just ignored what I said and walked right past me and began flirting with prettier girls...
Makes me feel bad like I'm not worth anyone's attention...
Always feeling like the ugly friend...
Even guys that aren't that supermodel looking will chase after supermodel girls...-____-
Then they get madddd when rejected by such girls saying that all they care are about looks...totally hypocritical...because they did the same exact thing by rejecting the non-supermodel girls...

Seems like the only way that someone will like me is out of no choice...not so much that they'd want me first...
Feel like a consolation prize that you get at an amusement park...
Because of that, I always feel nervous that I'll be abandoned because they wouldn't really be happy with me because I was never their first choice...

No. I'd go deeper into my answer but I don't want to depress myself more.

No, I don't like the way I look. If I could change everything about myself, sadly I would. :/

Any morning I look into the mirror and don't scare the hell out of myself is a good one. :p

Honestly though, I'm pretty ok with how I look.

Personally I think I'm pretty hot: I'm thin, tall, symmetrical, olive skin, long dark hair, big full lips and almond shaped eyes. But it's not everything, and I'm not so hot that I get everything handed to me. I never have.
(edited cuz blah blah blah)

When I feel like I'm at my best I do. Getting to and staying at that point is another matter.

Appearance isn't everything when starting a relationship though...

I used to hate the way I looked back in the day.
I wanted my eyes green instead of blue.
I wish my hair was red but I'm happy being a Blonde.
But I still do add color highlights to my hair. Teal. Purple. Pink. Black sometimes. Green.
Each day I guess I appreciate my lookes more.

No but I'm not beating up myself for that, either.
In a month or so I will change my lifestyle to a more healthy one and work out. But there are other pieces of the puzzle that need to go first, namely quitting smoking.

No. :)

But I do have some brief moments when I look myself in the mirror, and I think I'm ok. But those are just brief moments. :p

I sure do. It's not that I think I look good. It's that I don't care. Everything is in it's place. Nothing is missing and I am fit. I can't complain really, although I do sometimes. The only thing I'd like to change really are my Teeth. They're not really bad. But I wish they were whiter. I'd like to weigh more too. But I think that will sort itself in a few years.

im kind of indifferent about myself, lol. ive only had one girl actually tell me that i am handsome or "hot" as she puts it.

stars, as for your thoughts on yourself just remember that not everyone is shallow. when asking me whos attractive ill pick a real girl over one with make-up and all that other fake stuff any day. it always bothers me to hear women talk that way about themselves and i hate that our society has developed in a way that makes it seem like fake is good.

I used to look cute but then I aged. The mirror is no longer my friend.lol

Barbaloot said:
Appearance isn't everything when starting a relationship though...

I beg to differ. Without a good appearance and physical attraction, you will never get your "foot in the door".

Stars said:
I don't...

I find myself becoming very jealous of girls who are beautiful and popular because I'd like to have that...

I know I'm unattractive, have been told so, and seen the reactions on the faces of first dates when they meet me for the first time in person.

I'd like to be the guy that actually gets approached by women, and who is desired. I have tested at a genius IQ and sometimes wish I could trade some IQ points for better looks.

So, you're not alone. :)

Tbh, I'm the most horribly looking human being that I've ever seen, but, for years, I managed to trick people that I looked OK, sometimes even good. It was a matter of taking care of myself and putting up some nice clothes. I don't know how I did it. Personality-wise, I'm plain, dull and totally dumb. Still, some people found me interesting, lol. A few friends even told me I was: "pretty", "beautiful", "special", "sexy", "different", "in a certain way". Of course, none of these were real. And then, a whole new chapter began in my life, namely psychiatric medication. Things would have never been the same again.

LOL at my own sense of drama!!!

I don't particularly like how I look but I don't exactly spend much time thinking about it ._.

Stars said:
Do you like the way you look?

Not really. I suppose it could be worse. My doctor even told me that I'm too thin and I need to gain weight. I'm not really into working out, but I wouldn't mind going to the gym if I had time and someone to go with. I'm not a big fan of my smile either, even though I've been given positive comments on it a few times. But like I said, it could be worse :p

Stars said:
I don't...

Edit:
Like some instances when I talked to guys face-to-face and they just ignored what I said and walked right past me and began flirting with prettier girls...
Even guys that aren't that supermodel looking will chase after supermodel girls...-____-
Then they get madddd when rejected by such girls saying that all they care are about looks...totally hypocritical...because they did the same exact thing by rejecting the non-supermodel girls...

Seems like the only way that someone will like me is out of no choice...not so much that they'd want me first...
Because of that, I always feel nervous that I'll be abandoned because they wouldn't really be happy with me because I was never their first choice...

How do you feel about boys who look worse than "guys that aren't that supermodel looking"? You might be treating them the same way other guys treat you, you know. Or maybe you don't, haha, I don't know you.

Life is like a card game. Some are dealt with bad cards but we've got to make the most of what we have.

Idol Minos said:
Stars said:
I don't...

Edit:

How do you feel about boys who look worse than "guys that aren't that supermodel looking"? You might be treating them the same way other guys treat you, you know. Or maybe you don't, haha, I don't know you.

Life is like a card game. Some are dealt with bad cards but we've got to make the most of what we have.

i used to upto the age of about 23. and then i started to lose my hair

Idol Minos said:
How do you feel about boys who look worse than "guys that aren't that supermodel looking"? You might be treating them the same way other guys treat you, you know.

+1

Women who claim looks aren't important are lying through their teeth.

Latest posts

Back