Do You Talk To Yourself?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe I shouls do that Bread ppl think I'm kinda carzy anyway. It will just be fun if they think really lost it now. Mmmm....... my be I should

lolzzz,,im so glad im not alone to do this,,i talk with myself all the time,,infact even while travelling im talking with myself, sometimes i even laugh if i rem some joke,,,

Sci-Fi said:
And respond?

I was once told that you know you are going crazy when you talk to yourself. Once you start you answer yourself you are insane, and when you start to have conversations with yourself you should look into having yourself committed.

Someone order me a straight jacket.

I do this all the time, but that might be because I am by myself most of the day. I only have myself to talk to, except for people who call or customers. Even when I go home I IM my brother or anyone else I want to talk to that are online, but that's text not spoken word. So does talking to myself really make me that crazy? No, I don't think so. I can function without medication, I can drive a car safely, and I have yet to start yelling at myself or getting into an argument. So I don't think I'm even borderline crazy yet. Notice I said YET. :D

That was all mostly for humour, but I am interested in knowing how many of you do talk to yourself.

I talk to myself alot. It's not like full on conversations with myself or anything LOL, just thinking out-loud.
Actually, I repeat things back to myself/read out-loud to myself alot when I'm trying to memorise things, concentrate and stuff like that, just helps if I read things aloud sometimes.

I do it just because I crack myself up.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm schizophrenic
And so am I

Not aloud but I'll call myself names in my head like fat or ugly, then tell myself to shut up because of it. Or sometimes even think things like "we might have to go to the store" when I'm only thinking of myself, it's kinda like I think of myself as two people I know.. but I don't, I unno, I'm a freak.

Drake said:
Not aloud but I'll call myself names in my head like fat or ugly, then tell myself to shut up because of it. Or sometimes even think things like "we might have to go to the store" when I'm only thinking of myself, it's kinda like I think of myself as two people I know.. but I don't, I unno, I'm a freak.

Don't do that...

I got caught talking to myself today. It was embarrassing because I had really gotten going...

I've had teachers in high school that talked to themselves. People tell me it's a sign of genius or, in the very least, a very active imagination. But there is a fine line between genius and insanity. I'm not a genius or anything but I talk to myself. Just because I really understand me. Although I would think there are extreme cases than others. If you start talking to yourself and you don't realize you're talking to yourself then you've got problems. Or a dissociative personality disorder much like Edward Norton from that movie, you know it so I won't type it.

Mary Mary said:
Drake said:

Don't do that...

I got caught talking to myself today. It was embarrassing because I had really gotten going...

can't help it, its almost natural. thanks for the concern though.

I talk to myself all the time because I'm alone so often; it's my way of keeping that part of my brain active...If I didn't I think I'd go crazy. As to weather or not this applies to you or if it's of any help, I dont know...just throwing in my two cents.

@Drake I agree with Mary don't do that. I know it's really easy to do but fight your nature!!

@Generican I never thought of it that way, keeping that part of the brain active I'm going to use that next time. LOL! Welcome to the forums btw.

Drake said:
Mary Mary said:
Drake said:

Don't do that...

can't help it, its almost natural. thanks for the concern though.

I agree with Mary.
Don't do that.
Be kind to yourself when you catch yourself doing it.
Then say something nice to yourself

Drake said:
I do that too...

Generican said:
I talk to myself all the time because I'm alone so often; it's my way of keeping that part of my brain active...If I didn't I think I'd go crazy. As to weather or not this applies to you or if it's of any help, I dont know...just throwing in my two cents.

Well you can talk to us now too. :D

And yeah I talk to myself all the time...

I think it has to do with OCD-like traits that I have. :/

I always talk to myself even when there's people. i find enjoyment in showing the crazy me to the world!

I talk to myself, answers back, scolds, appreciates when I did something awesome. I argue with myself a lot. Sometime in my mind but most of the time I speak it out loud. when I am alone. I am almost always alone anyway. I kinda enjoy my own company. ^^

Latest posts

Back