Does anyone feel the same?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClosetGeek

Reaction score
After I meet a guy, I always get this notion that there are other women he is interested in too. After I meet him, he wants to meet up....here and there....and a couple of weeks or a month later,
I find out he has a Anna, Nicole, Silvia or Janet (insert generic name here) with whom he "likes" to hang around with. He of course asks me out and I say no cause I feel like I am on some game show and I am one of the candidates on that show. lol. :p
And this Anna, Nicole or Janet etc are not his "friends".
Does this happen to other females in this forum?
Does this happen to the guys in this forum? I mean do you find yourself....meeting girls who have a portfolio of guys?

Yeah yeah...i know this girl once, who had like this whole list of guys....and each day, she would like tell us...."dang...so many guys to choose from...such a headache" which i think is quite erm....being a jerk.

Yeah, I agree Unacceptance.

It seems like some people just seem to attract that type for whatever reason.

No...I've never been out on a date with a guy before :p

yeah, i guess it feels like your on a job invertview or some jargen.
The only problem is ...sometimes i kept hearing about Johny Brokmyheart, Greg Jerkoff, and Jimmy Notbigenough on the first date.lol And of course Howbig Isur Bnkacount....this dude gets around alot apperantly.lmao

Lonesome Crow said:
No...I've never been out on a date with a guy before :p

yeah, i guess it feels like your on a job invertview or some jargen.
The only problem is ...sometimes i kept hearing about Johny Brokmyheart, Greg Jerkoff, and Jimmy Notbigenough on the first date.lol And of course Howbig Isur Bnkacount....this dude gets around alot apperantly.lmao

LMAO LMAO!!! :D

I've had this issue too, best thing to do is get away from this situation.

These are the kinds of people that like to play games and this is getting excessively common with the younger generations.

CG here is my opinion and it is only an opinion.

ClosetGeek said:
After I meet a guy, I always get this notion that there are other women he is interested in too. After I meet him, he wants to meet up....here and there....and a couple of weeks or a month later,
I find out he has a Anna, Nicole, Silvia or Janet (insert generic name here) with whom he "likes" to hang around with.

This, in my opinion, is normal and it's ok. Remember the song that went "...my mama told me, ya better shop around?" To me it's good if a man is shopping around. They, like us, need to make sure that the one they end up with is the one they want. Besides no one can expect a person to date just one person in the beginning of a relationship. Mainly because they haven't gotten to know that person to decide if thats what they want.

He of course asks me out and I say no cause I feel like I am on some game show and I am one of the candidates on that show. lol. :p

How will you two ever know if you are for each other? Dating is a way to get to know someone.

Everyone of us is very different and unique and we carry within ourselves (ok, here is where it gets weird for ya) a certain light. People are drawn to us by who we are- our uniqueness- our light, if you will. It takes time to see that light. So it doesn't matter if a man dates 100 women, if you are the one for him, he will eventually recognize that. Infact, his dating other woman and experiencing their personalities helps him to see how unique you are. And if he isn't the one for you, that's ok too! It's one more out the way to finding the one for you. :)

Don't be afraid of "competition" because in my mind there isn't any. The way I look at it is this: Any woman who can take my man, can have him! There isn't any competition because there isn't a woman in the world who is like me or has my heart or personality. The same is true for you. What we do is refine that light. Become better people and grow as individuals. We work on our "honeysuckle" and we learn from our lessons. The guy finding us is the easy part :)

Soooo, don't let a few Anna Nicloles or whoever bother you or the fact that they may be dating the same guy you are. Just know that dating is a process and you have to do a lot of it to find that right one. Try not to take anything personally or seriously.

Remember, there is someone who is also looking for you! Someone who will think you are perfect for them :) While there will always be a faster gun (better looking, more accomplished men and women, whatever) There will never be another you. :)

I am glad that there are others out there who feel the same as me. I get so fed up with the dating game. It feels like another job at times. Trying to keep up with what all men want. I am so tired of having to play the game. I want someone who wants me for me, not what they want me to be, their play toy.

Naleena said:
CG here is my opinion and it is only an opinion.

ClosetGeek said:
I find out he has a Anna, Nicole, Silvia or Janet (insert generic name here) with whom he "likes" to hang around with.

This, in my opinion, is normal and it's ok. Remember the song that went "...my mama told me, ya better shop around?" To me it's good if a man is shopping around. They, like us, need to make sure that the one they end up with is the one they want. Besides no one can expect a person to date just one person in the beginning of a relationship. Mainly because they haven't gotten to know that person to decide if thats what they want.

He of course asks me out and I say no cause I feel like I am on some game show and I am one of the candidates on that show. lol. :p

How will you two ever know if you are for each other? Dating is a way to get to know someone.

Everyone of us is very different and unique and we carry within ourselves (ok, here is where it gets weird for ya) a certain light. People are drawn to us by who we are- our uniqueness- our light, if you will. It takes time to see that light. So it doesn't matter if a man dates 100 women, if you are the one for him, he will eventually recognize that. Infact, his dating other woman and experiencing their personalities helps him to see how unique you are. And if he isn't the one for you, that's ok too! It's one more out the way to finding the one for you. :)

Don't be afraid of "competition" because in my mind there isn't any. The way I look at it is this: Any woman who can take my man, can have him! There isn't any competition because there isn't a woman in the world who is like me or has my heart or personality. The same is true for you. What we do is refine that light. Become better people and grow as individuals. We work on our "honeysuckle" and we learn from our lessons. The guy finding us is the easy part :)

Soooo, don't let a few Anna Nicloles or whoever bother you or the fact that they may be dating the same guy you are. Just know that dating is a process and you have to do a lot of it to find that right one. Try not to take anything personally or seriously.

Remember, there is someone who is also looking for you! Someone who will think you are perfect for them :) While there will always be a faster gun (better looking, more accomplished men and women, whatever) There will never be another you. :)

Naleena dear, I agree with all these things you said. But if it's been like six months and your "date" is sleeping around with Annas, Nicoles, etcs and wants to sleep with you too?
I have no problem if we are dating without sex........but if he is sleeping with multiple women at the same time....wants to add me to his list...and pretending to date them, that's not happening.

ClosetGeek said:
But if it's been like six months and your "date" is sleeping around with Annas, Nicoles, etcs and wants to sleep with you too?
I have no problem if we are dating without sex........but if he is sleeping with multiple women at the same time....wants to add me to his list...and pretending to date them, that's not happening.
I have friend and he seeing to multiply women. He is not even kissing them just going somewhere....cinema or club and when he found the one like he stoped seeing others.
Everything depends on what type of person he is and are you the trusted kind. I am not that trusted to unknown people so if I will know of her datong with others it will be over even if she didn't do anything but as long as I know about, most of girls always do.

ClosetGeek said:
I find out he has a Anna, Nicole, Silvia or Janet (insert generic name here) with whom he "likes" to hang around with. He of course asks me out and I say no cause I feel like I am on some game show and I am one of the candidates on that show. lol. :p
And this Anna, Nicole or Janet etc are not his "friends".
Does this happen to other females in this forum?
Does this happen to the guys in this forum? I mean do you find yourself....meeting girls who have a portfolio of guys?

This is in response to the OP. I'm a guy and I've had this happen to me a lot. On one occasion someone told me up front that she was messing around with other guys all the time. Other times I wasn't so lucky to be told up front about that kind of stuff.

Ah, anyway it's kind of hard to find out, or figure out, that I'm not someone's 'first pick' as they say. And I'm pretty sure I've let at least one person down by giving them hints that there might be someone else that I'm interested in, besides them. It makes me think about what I want in a person, and whether or not it's an eh, reasonable expectation. (Like 100% commitment, which pets are pretty good at fulfilling) Also I found that when I get into a relationship with someone, other people male and female end up drifting under my radar...

Hope that wasn't too rambly.

SunWeb Wrote: I have friend and he seeing to multiply women. He is not even kissing them just going somewhere....cinema or club and when he found the one like he stoped seeing others.

This is me.... am i an ass****?

Look if he asks you out it might mean he thinks your better than the others he is seeing, aslong as he dosnt try and take you home too quick he could be a good guy! And to be safe use the great line "I only sleep with exclusive partners"... then make him wait a week after your just seeing each other, if a guy likes you alot he will jump at you being exclusive, i know i dont want the girl that i like alot to be seeing other dudes!!

Oh man... I always meet women who seem to have a perpetual entourage of men surrounding them. Often this leads to me feeling like I have to engage in that primal struggle for male dominance along with all the others if I want any hope of having attention from the female.
In all this, its way too *discovery channel* for me.
Then there is also the inadequacy that it makes me feel also, because usually these women have lots of friends (both guys and girls), and I have very few. (damned misanthropy :p )
I end up becoming emotionally envious of the women I become involved with, and that is just... gay as hell.

(actually, don't use the words "emotionally envious" in a sentence, I'm pretty sure thats gay too.)

isn't anna nicole dead?

well if your bf is the kind of person that is attracted to dead chicks i would suggest you get out of that relationship, Fast!

lol, just a little sad attempt at humor XP

anyways i'm definitaly a novice in these kinda issues so i'm not much help,

anyways i hope you get things figured out, and besides if all else fails you can always just get a few cats

*rofl hysterically at own lame attempt at a joke*

GAHAHAHgahahaa ahh haha haaa ahhh (my ribs!) XD hahaahha

ahhhhhhh

okay i'll stop i'm sorry

*giggles*

Latest posts

Back