does good looks really matter in making friends and finding love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unlucky in life said:
allanh said:
To answer the original post/question:

I think looks does matter. However, it does depend on what type of "friend" you are trying to make.
If you are looking for a potential romantic relationship, of course good look does matter. Everyone who is looking for a potential partner would definitely take physical attraction into consideration.

If you are looking for a best buddy to hang on or do things with, I think having a good look does not matter as much (although who would like to hang out with a person who has untidy hair, wears dirty clothes, foul smelling breath?).

Gender also makes a difference. I (as a male) when looking for a female friend, even in non-romantic one, am subconsciously attracted to those girls whom I consider as attractive. No, I am not repelled by those whom I consider as "not-so-good looking" ones, but those whom I consider as beautiful definitely have a head start. This principle does NOT apply when I make male friends.

I guess it's just the law of nature that we do take look into accounts whether we are looking for partners or just making friends when it comes to the opposite sex.

thanks very much that answer i was looking for.that's helps me answer my question.
excellent that explains what i need so looks do matter even making friends as well
explain why i have NO MALE FRIENDS thanks

Have you been waiting the entire thread for someone to somewhat accommodate your opinion, so that you could jump all over it and pretend you take advice?

I use a very simple system. Bare with me here whilst I explain it.

So, I'm a fairly shallow guy, I'll admit. I like what I like, physically speaking. No one can be faulted for that, it's the human prerogative. So what happens if a lady I think is super pretty and would like to know more, see if our personalities work together, doesn't like me? What's her basis for not liking me? If it's purely physical, then that's fine, because there are ladies I'm not physically attracted to. Like I said, can't fault her for it! If she doesn't like me because our personalities clash in some way, then she's clearly not for me, and it's better all around if it goes no further. So does this situation mean that I'm missing out? HELL NO! All it means is that I can cross her off my list of potential sexy-lady-friends. So instead of thinking "BAWWWWW, she don't like me!" I can think "AWESOME! I'm closer to discovering what type of a girl is for me!"

Of course, you could recognise the fact that if a person is VERY shallow, then why would you care what that person thinks? They are clearly a very shitty person.

THE END.

unlucky in life said:
thanks very much that answer i was looking for....

Your response to post #295 in the thread. It is a good thing people kept at it. That did take a while. You do make some popular threads. We will see how round nine goes.

Minus said:
unlucky in life said:
thanks very much that answer i was looking for....

Your response to post #295 in the thread. It is a good thing people kept at it. That did take a while. You do make some popular threads. We will see how round nine goes.

It's absurd. I hate it when people claim to be looking for advice but really, what they want is validation.

There was a lot of helpful, reasonable advice given in this thread, and all the OP apparently wants is validation that yes, she is going to be miserable and hated for the rest of her life because all men are shallow jackasses.

Ugh.

It's every bit as ludicrous as the umpteen threads started by Angry Young Virgins about how all women are superficial sluts who won' give the shy guy a second glance... except maybe to mock him.

MAKE IT STOP!

that is not true.

but you are looking for someone to agree with you.
you want us to say that you are ugly and wil never find a guy.
the rest you ignore.

that is a waist of our time.
and not verry nice.

****PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT****

If you are confident and strong and sure of yourself, plenty of people will think you are attractive.

Not sure if people talk to me because of how I look.
How can one answer this question?

If you're beautiful, make yourself ugly. If you're ugly, do the opposite. Post results. The public must know!

willme said:
Not sure if people talk to me because of how I look. How can one answer this question?
Its not always black and white...

Some poeple do. Others dont

You just gatta learn how not to
be so cuaght up in yourself or enteralize everything. It not all about you....

Sometimes people might be feeling bad or going through whatever that
has nothing to do with you.

You dont want to be around people when theyre feeling negative feelings...becuase theyll associate
you with bad emotions...therefore
when they feel bad later..they will aviod you..Or youll trigger negative
feelings for them.

Other times its peer presuure.

Latest posts

Back