Falling apart

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Despicable Me

Reaction score
Time keeps passing, but all I seem to do is rot.
Does that mean I'm already dead? I've suspected as much for a while but then the question is how I am still here?

Have I become the undead? If I believed in such things then perhaps the world would make much more sense.

If you are undead, then you are the first undead I've cared about. But if you are dead, then it means I'm dead, because you are here and I am here. But I don't think I'm dead, because I know that I will be dead, therefore it hasn't happened yet. Are you still looking for the keys?

Sometimes said:
If you are undead, then you are the first undead I've cared about. But if you are dead, then it means I'm dead, because you are here and I am here. But I don't think I'm dead, because I know that I will be dead, therefore it hasn't happened yet. Are you still looking for the keys?
Keys? What keys?

I have my theories. Maybe the problem isn't in you though, even though it seems like it is and you can only deal with yourself and a few others close to you.
Something is wrong with this world at a large scale - not so large that it is the inevitable course of nature.
Of course you know all of this, probably better than me.

For what it's worth, I hope you hang on, and I hope I can hang on. In times like this that is all anyone can hope for.

there is no hope said:
I have my theories. Maybe the problem isn't in you though, even though it seems like it is and you can only deal with yourself and a few others close to you.
Something is wrong with this world at a large scale - not so large that it is the inevitable course of nature.
Of course you know all of this, probably better than me.
If it's the world, then I seem to be the only one who knows what is really going on and therefore the only one I know who can stop it, but the cost is too great and no one will accept what I have to offer. What then?

And if it is me... then I really am already dead. So then, again, why am I still here? Why can I not have peace? Am I a ghost? Am I only here to finish unfinished business? What is left to do?

there is no hope said:
For what it's worth, I hope you hang on, and I hope I can hang on. In times like this that is all anyone can hope for.
I do hang on, that's one thing I'm good at. But if hanging on is all I will ever achieve, then I gain nothing from it. And if I am already dead, then hanging on is pointlessly delaying the inevitable.

What is the alternative?
I need the cure that can bring me back to life. Sometimes I see it in my dreams, but it's also possible those dreams are merely part of the disease itself.

Anyway, just forget I made this topic. I'll be fine. At least as fine as a zombie can ever be. Sorry to waste everyone's time. I get these weird moods to talk about things that don't make any sense to anyone but me. It is part of my affliction, I guess.

You're still breathing, and you're still a man with some status. There is just so much in the world intended to break people down, but it is not as all-powerful as the people doing this want to make it.

I became skilled at looking for places to hide what is good in life. It's not a great solution and resorting to it too much can lead to decay, but the alternative would have been collapsing.

I guess feeling like one of the undead is entirely appropriate... maybe we could put together a zombie bash or something. I suppose though I don't understand why fatalism can't be fun...

Despicable Me said:
Time keeps passing, but all I seem to do is rot.
Does that mean I'm already dead? I've suspected as much for a while but then the question is how I am still here?

Have I become the undead? If I believed in such things then perhaps the world would make much more sense.
I relate a lot to this.
I think you start to rot when you stop to move, immobility, inaction is the danger. You need to keep moving. If you don't enough, it will become harder and harder and you will stop little by little and start to rot. And that's how you become old instead of growing up.

Latest posts

Back