fer all you gamers out there...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for me it started off with super mario bros. i was a casual gamer at that time. what really got me into gaming was when the PS1 and N64 were in their prime. games like metal gear solid, syphon filter 2, super mario 64, goldeneye 64 and the legend of zelda the ocarina of time got me more into gaming. then with the PS2 i was playing metal gear solid 2, gta III, and max payne that was pretty much it for me, i was hooked. then the xbox came out and i got hooked on halo. now with the 360 i play more games than i ever did before.

My father started me on Sonic the Hedgehog at age three or four and I've loved them ever since. The Nintendo 64 really solidified video games as a hobby of mine. I don't like playing games on consoles anymore, and generally despise newer games that cater to console players. Right now I'm really big into Bioware's Mass Effect and Dragon Age games. My favorite games of all time are Deus Ex, Morrowind and Half-Life 2, in that order.

I used to be into video games big time, but not so much anymore. I do still play Blizzard games though like warcraft 3 and starcraft. I would like to play the next Elder Scrolls game. :)

I started playing sega genesis, then moved onto nintendo 64, then xbox, xbox 360 and now MMO's. At first with the sega and 64 it was just casual gaming and after awhile it turned into what I consider an addiction. Games are just too **** fun.

For me it all started with Super Mario on my atari console. Then I got a computer and along with it the first computer game I ever played: Mafia. I guess it's still one of the best games I've ever played. Some other games that left a great impression on me are Civilization 3, Diablo 2, Prince of Persia triology, Half-life series, Warcraft 3 and Battle for Middle-earth 1-2. I can't play games that were released after 2006 because my computer is really crappy for todays standarts. All thanks to cruel Nvidia and ATI. I hope someday graphics cards won't be outdated the minute they come out. For now, Mass effect, Bioshock, Fallout 3 and Dragon Age will have to wait until I buy a new computer.

I started on the good ol' NES. Played the honeysuckle out of it. Had maybe 5-8 of 'em, because they broke so much. Then I moved onto Sega Genesis and the same one I got in 1994 still works this day. Streets of Rage has to be the best multiplayer game ever, at least between just two people. The I got a Playstation because the Saturn was too expensive. That's probably when games became more than just a fancy toy and more of an obsession; with games like Final Fantasy VII, Tekken, Resident Evil, Tenchu, and WWF Smackdown 2 (and other wrestling games), it was easy to not put it down lol.

Ofcourse, I also had Gameboys (had/still have a Game Gear even!) which led to one of those Pokemon addictions kids got around 1999-2000 lol.

Then came the Dreamcast, and my mind was blown by the graphics, and the shear fun of having 4 controllers. Gauntlet Legends was amazing. Then the PS2 came out and everyone started to forget the Dreamcast. Since then I've gotten a PS2, Xbox (broke), and a Gamecube. Games are usually better with people to play 'em with, but I still enjoyed plenty of games on those consoles and still do, even though I have a growing pile I don't have the time or the urge to play.

All of my gaming recently has been on the only things I have of this "gen" which are my PSP and DS. I just recently got the DS, but have had a Slim PSP since they came out. Mostly just been enjoying older games I used to play or missed out on. It's kinda disappointing to have a PSP, because I really want a PS3 lol. My brother has one and an HDTV, but I can't afford all of that. I could probably get a 360, but I've never cared much for the Xbox (though there are a few games I want, and the fighting games go to 1080p only on 360 lol).

My favorite games are mostly Street Fighter and Final Fantasy. I play kind of a various assortment of stuff. I like random sports games, mostly Tony Hawk or a random Madden binge. And wrestling games if you count those as a sport or a fighting game lol. Really big on fighting games, like Tekken, Soul Calibur, and Mortal Kombat (most of which I suck at, because I need to relearn the games every time I pick 'em up...). Sonic and Dragonball Z games for lighter stuff. And the occasional offroad racing game, like ATV Offroad or 4x4 Evolution. First party Nintendo games are always great.

I've never owned a Super Nintendo (that worked anyways, I have a broken one for some reason), or a Nintendo 64. I've played 'em, and I've always liked them, but never had 'em lol. I recently beat Ocarina of Time for the first time (on the Gamecube, but still heh). I've had an Atari 2600, that I regret giving away.

Never been really big on PC games, simply because I've like never had a computer fit for it at the time there was anything I wanted to play. I DID manage to get sucked into World of Warcraft for about a year and a half, then they released WotLK and my computer could no longer handle the game lol. I did buy the Warcraft and Starcraft Battle Chests though, and intend to get the Diablo one. Those aren't too much trouble to play, I just need time for it. I'd probably be way into PC games if I had the money for a nice custom computer.

NES, Gameboy (old school gray brick), Sega Genesis, n64, PS2 and Nintendo DS and obviously PC are the ones I own.

The only game I really play now is Starcraft 2, I hardly play it. But I have played it enough to be waiting for the next installment, MW2 was fun (i'm an FPS fan...Half life, portal etc etc)

There will always be a place in my heart (and thumbs) for the classics though: Mario, Sonic, Vectorman, Tetris, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, WWF No mercy, Goldeneye, Duke 3D, Doom, Commander Keen...:p

I absolutely adore the Final Fantasy series. I played little bits of other games like Assassin's Creed and stuff, but I never finished most of those games and mainly stuck with the series (though I had really little time to spare with school, so I didn't even play much of that.) Currently working on FF13 on the Xbox 360 :)

^^^I'm also finishing FFXIII... Chapter 13, The Tesseracts, baby!!! :D Haha

Wish me SKILL OF UNYIELDING MIGHT.

I don't believe in luck. :p

I never played any of the final fantasy games (except for mystic quest for snes). Never got into the RPG's, everyone always says I should play em...only other one I really played was Chrono Trigger. Which is a good one to start on?

grainofrice24 said:
I never played any of the final fantasy games (except for mystic quest for snes). Never got into the RPG's, everyone always says I should play em...only other one I really played was Chrono Trigger. Which is a good one to start on?

Try Final Fantasy 6.. since you mentioned Chrono Trigger from the SNES era. Some people even consider 6 better than 7.

I've never really played much on the FF series. Mainly because we don't have Playstation consoles, only Nintendo. I love both FF Tactics Advance I and II though :)

Badjedidude said:
^^^I'm also finishing FFXIII... Chapter 13, The Tesseracts, baby!!! :D Haha

Wish me SKILL OF UNYIELDING MIGHT.

I don't believe in luck. :p

Yay, someone to share my love for the game. Do you actually like it? A lot of people say it's too linear and all that stuff. I'm currently on chapter 10. :)

It has been here for a year.

Anyone with a Wii please read on!!

So I suddenly got a wild hair up my ass to pick up a Wii (I think seeing the trailer for the new Metroid had something to do with it :p). I'm not that big a gamer (I pretty much only play PC games when I do game) and have no consoles since PS2 (and even that I hardly played). So with Wii being so cheap I'd love to get the inside scoop (holy 1990's linguo batman) on some good 1st person shooters for the Wii and what accessories to buy.

NOTE: I don't have any intention to use the Wii for fitness...that whole idea of the wii teaching you to cook/exercise/rockband is an absolute joke to me...i want the Wii for VIDEO GAMES :p.

So anyone with some sound advice for a next-gen console novice (noob) like me please PM me or post and fill me in! Thanks!!

My father is a computer programmer, which is practically an automatic entrance into the world of computers and gaming.

After getting our first actual home computer, my father got my sister and I 5 games or so, as a treat. And that was how I started gaming. Most of my gaming life is on my PC, and nowadays more Internet Related, but I recently got a Nintendo Wii, and am getting into mild console gaming.

grainofrice24 said:
Anyone with a Wii please read on!!

So I suddenly got a wild hair up my ass to pick up a Wii (I think seeing the trailer for the new Metroid had something to do with it :p). I'm not that big a gamer (I pretty much only play PC games when I do game) and have no consoles since PS2 (and even that I hardly played). So with Wii being so cheap I'd love to get the inside scoop (holy 1990's linguo batman) on some good 1st person shooters for the Wii and what accessories to buy.

NOTE: I don't have any intention to use the Wii for fitness...that whole idea of the wii teaching you to cook/exercise/rockband is an absolute joke to me...i want the Wii for VIDEO GAMES :p.

So anyone with some sound advice for a next-gen console novice (noob) like me please PM me or post and fill me in! Thanks!!

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, the Metroid Prime Series (Metroid Prime Trilogy). Those are my favorite.

Teenage Dream said:
Yay, someone to share my love for the game. Do you actually like it? A lot of people say it's too linear and all that stuff. I'm currently on chapter 10.

Well, for the first ten or eleven chapters, it is pretty linear... but honestly, I find that it gave me enough leeway and fun that I didn't really mind the straight-through feel of it. But once I got to chapter 12 or so, where you can re-visit anywhere in the game... whooooo it was AWESOME. Going back to Gran Pulse, defeating the big baddies and completing quests... too fun!

I'm a fan of the new combat system. I have to admit, when I first went into it, I was worried that the combat system would be too radically different from what we've seen in the past, but.. the way they've set it up, it does make for a genuinely fun and fast-paced battle system. I like it. :)

BTW, I beat the game. ^_^ YEAHHHHHH. After you beat the game, there's an option to reload/keep playing, and it opens up higher levels of the Crystarium but places your characters right before the final battle... so you can just go back and get even more powerful and then beat the game again! :D That's what I'm doing at the moment. lol

Badjedidude said:
Well, for the first ten or eleven chapters, it is pretty linear... but honestly, I find that it gave me enough leeway and fun that I didn't really mind the straight-through feel of it. But once I got to chapter 12 or so, where you can re-visit anywhere in the game... whooooo it was AWESOME. Going back to Gran Pulse, defeating the big baddies and completing quests... too fun!

I'm a fan of the new combat system. I have to admit, when I first went into it, I was worried that the combat system would be too radically different from what we've seen in the past, but.. the way they've set it up, it does make for a genuinely fun and fast-paced battle system. I like it. :)

BTW, I beat the game. ^_^ YEAHHHHHH. After you beat the game, there's an option to reload/keep playing, and it opens up higher levels of the Crystarium but places your characters right before the final battle... so you can just go back and get even more powerful and then beat the game again! :D That's what I'm doing at the moment. lol

LOL. I can't wait. =) I'm on Gran Pulse now and I'm stuck cause there's a Behemoth King and three of those flower things in my path. That Behemoth King gets on my last nerve... he's almost always near death, but then he morphs into that standing thing and then I'm screwed. >_>
I'm also so sooo poor. I currently have 45 Gil... LOL >__<

Is the battle system really that different? It uses menus, uses ATB, has Eidolons, almost the same spells... etc etc etc. I guess they had to make a few changes to it. =P But I love the battle system too. More than the one in FFX I think..

And also, congrats on beating the game. :) Did you grind a lot? So, the reload thing is just something that sends you back to the end of the game?

Latest posts

Back