Front Camera never seems to work.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M_also_lonely

Reaction score
I see people on Instagram and Facebook taking their own pictures with their friends. I have never done that because I look ugly and I feel very shy when I do it. I have never taken my own photos like they always do. Yesterday my sister came to me and asked if she could take a photo with me.So she holds the phone and tries to take a picture.Then suddenly she looks at me in an irritated expression and goes away wwithout saying anything. I met a girl two weeks ago, she tried to take photo with me too. But I couldn't stand and I moved away because I felt too shy. I then told her sorry and told her that I feel shy to take my photos.

Why????

And how to not feel shy? Even I want to take a photo of mine and post it and write some crazy quotes and get likes. Why am I unable to do such a simple thing? Why do I look ugly? What wrong have I done??

Please reply only if you are not intended to insult me and you accept a Thanks.

M_also_lonely said:
I see people on Instagram and Facebook taking their own pictures with their friends. I have never done that because I look ugly and I feel very shy when I do it. I have never taken my own photos like they always do. Yesterday my sister came to me and asked if she could take a photo with me.So she holds the phone and tries to take a picture.Then suddenly she looks at me in an irritated expression and goes away wwithout saying anything. I met a girl two weeks ago, she tried to take photo with me too. But I couldn't stand and I moved away because I felt too shy. I then told her sorry and told her that I feel shy to take my photos.

Why????

And how to not feel shy? Even I want to take a photo of mine and post it and write some crazy quotes and get likes. Why am I unable to do such a simple thing? Why do I look ugly? What wrong have I done??

Please reply only if you are not intended to insult me and you accept a Thanks.

There are a lot better things to do than take stupid photo's and post them on facebook. You are not missing out on anything. People who take selfie's (or whatever the fresia they are called) are vain, insecure and boring. You shouldn't really care about 'likes' either. Again not important.

Don't call yourself ugly either. Try and look your best and you can't go wrong. Some people are shy and don't like their photo's taken. Nothing wrong with it.

Triple bogey could not have put it better. Forget about this idiotic and superficial competing stuff and move on to something more profound. Vain and clever is out. Just bull... Stop comparing and competing. Being one's self is already challenge enough. So just be yourself.

I don't like my picture taken either. When my classes do things that go in the paper, I stay out of the picture. I don't think I am an ugly person, I just don't take pictures well. If that makes sense.

Triple Bogey said:
People who take selfie's (or whatever the fresia they are called) are vain, insecure and boring.

I agree with most of your post, but not this part. Lots of people take selfies, that does NOT mean they are vain, insecure and boring. Yes, some of them might be, but certainly not all.

TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:
People who take selfie's (or whatever the fresia they are called) are vain, insecure and boring.

I agree with most of your post, but not this part. Lots of people take selfies, that does NOT mean they are vain, insecure and boring. Yes, some of them might be, but certainly not all.
Oh, bogey IS right. Why SHOULD one take a so called selfie and put it on some ridiculous so called social network thing if not out of vanity or some kind of exhibitionist "disorder" ? To use one of these modern time shrink terms.

I take selfies... I'm far from vain. It's just that noone else really takes my picture.

M,
I am sure you are not ugly. Take pics all you like, because that people that matter in your life, will like them because they care about you.

quintus 2 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

Oh, bogey IS right. Why SHOULD one take a so called selfie and put it on some ridiculous so called social network thing if not out of vanity or some kind of exhibitionist "disorder" ? To use one of these modern time shrink terms.

Because most people take their own picture now and they put a picture of themselves on their profile so people can tell who they are. It's not vain. Some people just like to take their own pictures.

I suppose you would say I'm vain since I take all my profile pics? Well, I can tell you that I don't think I'm all that good looking and I don't trust anyone else to take my picture, actually, I hate having my picture taken and I avoid it all at costs, but I put MYSELF on my social media platforms, so I take my own, hence becoming a selfie.
I don't want my pics to be "liked" or commented on because I actually don't really like compliments.

TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

no, no, no that is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
People who take those photo's and post them on facebook every single, ******* day just to get 'likes' are vain, insecure and need to get a life. That's my opinion of those people on my facebook wall.

Danielle said:
I take selfies... I'm far from vain. It's just that noone else really takes my picture.

M,
I am sure you are not ugly. Take pics all you like, because that people that matter in your life, will like them because they care about you.

Depends on how many you do. Every now and again is no problem. Every day just to get 'likes' from people is pathetic.

TheRealCallie said:
quintus 2 said:
TheRealCallie said:
Triple Bogey said:

Because most people take their own picture now and they put a picture of themselves on their profile so people can tell who they are. It's not vain. Some people just like to take their own pictures.

I suppose you would say I'm vain since I take all my profile pics? Well, I can tell you that I don't think I'm all that good looking and I don't trust anyone else to take my picture, actually, I hate having my picture taken and I avoid it all at costs, but I put MYSELF on my social media platforms, so I take my own, hence becoming a selfie.
I don't want my pics to be "liked" or commented on because I actually don't really like compliments.

I'm talking about posting a photo every day not profile photo's. Everybody needs at least one profile photo.

I think you are deliberately missing the point. It was crystal clear. The OP is obsessing about selfies and likes when he shouldn't be. That was the point of his post. You seem to arguing for the sake of it. Which isn't surprizing to be honest.

Triple Bogey said:
I'm talking about posting a photo every day not profile photo's. Everybody needs at least one profile photo.

I think you are deliberately missing the point. It was crystal clear. The OP is obsessing about selfies and likes when he shouldn't be. That was the point of his post. You seem to arguing for the sake of it. Which isn't surprizing to be honest.

No, I'm not missing the point at all. People with low self esteem or those that don't like how they look dislike having their picture taken. That's true enough. However, people with low self esteem also DO want to get likes on a pic they post to social media, that makes most people feel better about the way they look. There's nothing wrong with that.
Sure, obsessing over ANYTHING isn't really a good thing to do, but wanting to be able to take a pic of himself and with friends and family isn't a bad thing.
I'm not arguing for the sake of it, as you seem to think. I'm arguing because not everyone who takes a lot of selfies is vain and boring and whatever else you said about them. It's an INSULTING, GENERALIZING opinion, so personally, it should be kept to yourself, as you have called quite a few people here vain, insecure and boring.

As to the OP on taking a picture. Experiment with taking a selfie. Find your better angles, find a good light. Play with them a little after you take them on editing software to see if you can adjust it to where you like it. You should get more confident in yourself and your pics doing that.
It doesn't have to be perfect or awesome and you can always delete them after you're done.

TheRealCallie said:
As to the OP on taking a picture. Experiment with taking a selfie. Find your better angles, find a good light. Play with them a little after you take them on editing software to see if you can adjust it to where you like it. You should get more confident in yourself and your pics doing that.
It doesn't have to be perfect or awesome and you can always delete them after you're done.

Experimenting is good, like what Callie said. You don't have to post it up immediately, play with it, tweak it around, keep taking different shots. Personally I used to do it myself just for the hell of it but I never post them. And I'd take so many shots at one time cos they never look good enough. But eventually you'll find one that you think is okay and it makes you feel somewhat good. I just wanted to see how I look like on picture - and I really don't think I'm that great looking either. I don't know if it helped me, but somehow, doing that sort of thing allowed me to accept my flaws as well, little by little. If that makes any sense.

You people don't understand what I mean to say. Why are others so confident about them and me, not??

M_also_lonely said:
You people don't understand what I mean to say. Why are others so confident about them and me, not??

I understood it. They are more confident because they have confidence and higher levels of self esteem. I won't say that they don't care what others think, but they are confident that they look nice and other people will agree.

By doing as I suggested and experimenting taking your picture, finding your good angles and all that, it will get easier. Like with anything, it takes practice and getting to know yourself and having the self esteem to actually do it. So keep trying, it doesn't matter if you post them or delete them right after you take them, just keep taking pictures of yourself and it will get better.

I'm much more at home behind the camera. I feel the same way about pics taken of me. I avoid them at all costs. I don't need my ugly mug preserved for all time. LOL

I am the same way, I have no cell phone to take selfies with even though my mom got one today and I was using it to take photos and videos. It's very rare I will get into a pic. Once it's out there, it's never gone so I try to not put that many photos of myself out there.

M_also_lonely said:

Confidence isn't born. It's something you work on to build it over time. Some people build it faster, some take a long time. What you should do is find ways to start building on your confidence and self-esteem. If it means taking countless number of selfies just for the experimentation like Callie suggested, then do that. Everything starts somewhere. So instead of wondering why people have it and you don't, why not spend the time thinking about how to have it just like they do? Do something about it, even if it's something small. Nothing will happen if you don't budge.

LonelyInAtl said:
I'm much more at home behind the camera. I feel the same way about pics taken of me. I avoid them at all costs. I don't need my ugly mug preserved for all time. LOL

Yes same here. I avoid anybody taking my photo. In fact there will never be another one of me.

A few selfies ? - No problem. But people who do them every day. What is that all about ? They want 'likes' to feel better about themselves ?

It's almost as boring as people taking photographs of pints of beer or bottles of wine.

Latest posts

Back