Getting insulted online?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

troubled

I posted a question somewhere a few days ago and I just checked back on it. A guy called me a 'tool' and said 'i hope you get seriously ill'.

I was really taken aback when I read it. I know you can't take these things seriously, but.. wow. That's the last time I ever do that.

Some people can be real jerks. The good/bad thing about the internet is it gives us a way to be brutally honest about things without fear of repercussion. Unfortunately, some people are just ******** and that lack of fear gives them more power to really let lose on others.

Try not to take it personally, because this person doesn't know you personally. People who run around insulting random people they don't know just for asking a question, are seriously ill tools.

Ignore it. The sad thing is, they're probably someone who's rude in person as well. I can't stand rude or nasty people, so I just ignore people like them. And don't be hesitant to ask anything anywhere. Next time he says something smart, tell him to go sit on a fork. Why respond to something you think is dumb.... He's dumb for responding like that.

It was a rude response from some faceless person who felt safe enough to be a jerk in his anonymity.

Hi-
Yes, the people who post rude insults are the ones who don't show their real names or faces because they just don't have the balls.

Teresa

Outside of the internet, people say the same thing, only its done behind your back. On the internet, anon can post just about anything. I remember my first blog was invaded by some people that I suspect were youtube and 4chan regulars, insulting me ad nauseum. Its just something you have to deal with. I could say it gets easier as more and more insults get thrown at you but it certainly doesn't. To this day I avoid the comments section on youtube and anything uploaded has comments disabled. I try and just avert my eyes from the whole mess.

Try to ignore it.

Just_Some_Dude said:
i, for one, enjoy being insulted on the internet. makes me feel alive.

Thou ruttish brazen-faced flirt-gill!

Shakespeare rocks. :)

The internet is a place of absolute release.
There are absolutely no consequences here.
You can be whoever the hell you want to be
and do whatever the hell you want to do.
In the same way, nobody can really do anything to you.
So you really shouldn't get upset over people being dicks
over the internet, and even if you do, just be a dick back,
or ignore it, or imagine who they are offline as a reflection
of how they treat you on here. Honestly there are far worse
things in life than a couple of empty words and phrases.

^^ I dont know if there are no consequences on the internet. I am going to keep my personal feelings out of it as I believe in the free speech; most people wont like what I have to say. I will, however, refference a news broadcast I have recently seen that talks about an extreme case.

see that nietzsche !!!! ... if people can do whatever they want THIS happens.

http://jonathanturley.org/2010/04/25/prosecutors-charge-former-nurse-with-encouraging-suicide/

Prosecutors Charge Former Nurse With Encouraging Suicide

There is a fascinating case in Minneapolis that raises some important free speech issues in an assisted suicide case. William Melchert-Dinkel, 47, was charged with two felony counts of aiding suicide under a Minnesota law that criminalizes even verbal encouragement of suicide. Adding to the novelty is the fact that state prosecutors are charging Melchert-Dinkel in deaths that occurred not only outside the state but outside the country.

Melchert-Dinkel is accused of encouraging the suicides of Mark Drybrough, 32, who hanged himself at his home in Coventry, England, in 2005; and Nadia Kajouji, 18, of Brampton, Ontario, who drowned in 2008 in a river in Ottawa, where she was studying at Carleton University. He has said that he may have encouraged dozens of people to commit suicide and enjoyed the “thrill” of getting people to kill themselves.

He posed as a female nurse under such names as “Cami,” “falcongirl,” “li dao” and others and supplied information on how the individuals could kill themselves.

For example, an email found on Drybrough’s computer from Melchert-Dinkel showed him giving technical advice on how to hang yourself from a door, “you can easily hang from a door using the knob onw (on the other) side to tie the rope to, sling it over the top of the door, attach the noose or loop to yourself then step off and hang successfully.”

I have long been critical of the underlying law as, in my view, an unconstitutional infringement on free speech. This is obviously a sick and demented individual. However, the state is asserting the right to criminalize speech that encourages the commission of a criminal act. That would be a standard that could sweep into areas ranging from civil disobedience to whistleblowing. We have historically distinguished speech from conduct as in the prosecution of Dr. Jack Kevorkian who was shown to have taken direct action in setting up the killing device. Many people have strong political and religious reasons for supporting the right to suicide and supply information on how to commit suicide with the least amount of pain.

Melchert-Dinkel appears not just a poor excuse for a person but he was a poor excuse for a nurse. He was repeatedly cited for neglectIng patients and being too rough with them. His license was revoked last June

I get called names on playstation home all the time. I don't have keyboard to type fast enough on PS Home so everyone calls me a fag or gay. It makes me mad because I just wanna chill and talk for a while. Maybe cuz of my Paul Phoenix avatar they feel they have to insult me.

Latest posts

Back