Girls can sense this man confidence vibes without him even talking

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkSelene said:
Protein and weight lifting? That guy sounds like an *******... you can always get toned, and a little muscular is possible for everyone across the board with enough training, it's only a different thing if you want to be BUFF.

I was already 6% body fat when I started at that gym. How much more toned do you think one can get than 6% body fat? Note that this is not because I was into exercise. Prior to that gym I didn't do ANY exercise. My body fat was that low because of my metabolism.

Protein and weight lifting is exactly what I did. I was 21, you think I was going to listen to some old fart tell me what I could and couldn't achieve? I worked hard at it and I gradually built up my weights until I was pumping double the weight I started at on every machine. I didn't gain a single pound of weight.

I've learned to accept that I'm naturally skinny and that there are literally no women anywhere who like that. Fortunately, muscles are not the only thing that a woman can find attractive in a man. Perhaps that's the message people should be sending in threads like this one?

Ghost77 said:
I've learned to accept that I'm naturally skinny and that there are literally no women anywhere who like that.

This is just false, sorry.
It goes muscly/buff, skinny, chub and fatso... You're not top priority, but you're the next best thing.
You're right, unless you're on tinder or clubs where things are very superficial, women will not just be interested in your looks. That's number one thing that calls them to you, but not the only thing that could make them want you. It's a hard message to pass on when everyone's experience has been much different.

DarkSelene said:
Ghost77 said:
I've learned to accept that I'm naturally skinny and that there are literally no women anywhere who like that.

This is just false, sorry.
It goes muscly/buff, skinny, chub and fatso... You're not top priority, but you're the next best thing.
You're right, unless you're on tinder or clubs where things are very superficial, women will not just be interested in your looks. That's number one thing that calls them to you, but not the only thing that could make them want you. It's a hard message to pass on when everyone's experience has been much different.

Sorry to be a pedant, but saying skinny is better than fat is not equivalent to saying women like skinny. The lesser of two evils is still an evil.

I really don't see the issue with someone being skinny. If you make it a big deal, it'll be a big deal. If it's not a health issue, I'm pretty sure it's fine with the rest of the world.

VanillaCreme said:
I really don't see the issue with someone being skinny. If you make it a big deal, it'll be a big deal. If it's not a health issue, I'm pretty sure it's fine with the rest of the world.

This kind of double think doesn't help at all.
Women don't find skinny attractive.
It may be a generalisation and it's certainly not the whole story, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Telling a skinny guy that being skinny doesn't matter is simply lying to him, and lies create cognitive dissonance which in turn leads to further issues.

Ghost77 said:
VanillaCreme said:

It may be a generalisation and it's certainly not the whole story, but that doesn't mean it's not true. Telling a skinny guy that being skinny doesn't matter is simply lying to him, and lies create cognitive dissonance which in turn leads to further issues.

Actually, it doesn't mean it's not true.  Maybe for the people you have met so far, but your weight can't be the only factor, unless you are going after shallow girls. 
I have dated skinny guys and I would do so again.  I know many people who are also either dating or married to skinny guys. 

In this case, I agree with nilla.  It's more than likely you that's making a bigger deal about it than it is.

People's thoughts, particularly women, are prone to change.
And so their standards are not so precise and changing.
Personally, I think it is better to make own precise standards.
I find having an internal score card very helpful.

TheRealCallie said:
Ghost77 said:
VanillaCreme said:

Actually, it doesn't mean it's not true.  Maybe for the people you have met so far, but your weight can't be the only factor, unless you are going after shallow girls. 
I have dated skinny guys and I would do so again.  I know many people who are also either dating or married to skinny guys. 

In this case, I agree with nilla.  It's more than likely you that's making a bigger deal about it than it is.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but it sounds like you’re assuming I can’t get a girlfriend. Actually I generally do okay with women (partly because no, I do not chase shallow women). I’m 41 and I’ve had six serious relationships and, well, I’d rather not disclose the number of flings. But that’s in spite of being skinny. I don’t do okay because skinny is attractive or because I meet women who are into skinny guys (there’s no such thing). I do okay because, as I said a few posts back, muscles aren’t the only thing a woman can find attractive in a man. Personality, sense of humour, honesty... those things do matter, especially to women who are looking for more than a fresia.

I’m not complaining that I can’t get a woman, I’m just responding to some of the misinformation I’m seeing. “Anyone can build muscles” is simply incorrect. “Skinny isn’t a problem” is also incorrect. It’s not an insurmountable problem, but it is a problem, and personally I don’t think telling guys their physique doesn’t matter is the right way to help. Misinformation helps nobody.

EVERYTHING is a problem, if you let it be a problem. There are a million and one things that could go wrong or you could be judged about. It only takes one of those to seep into you head to seriously hurt your chances.
Screw what other people think. Be who you are, accept who you are and the right people will come along. If they don't, you wouldn't want them anyway.

Screw what other people say. So I can apply that to you, callie?

Ghost77 said:

You probably shouldn't speak for women. You have no idea what all women want. Chill out about it, and it wouldn't even be an issue.

Ghost77 said:
VanillaCreme said:

Step dad number 1 was about 5'6'' 120 as a young man. He was not terribly intelligent and the only thing he was exceptional at was working with his hands. He was also not a terribly honest person. He never seems to be single for long. Apparently his last girlfriend supported him financially as he quit jobs to avoid paying child support for any length of time.

if muscles are the source of his confidence then it'll be a sad day for him if he got into a freak accident and lost it all.

Azariah said:
if muscles are the source of his confidence then it'll be a sad day for him if he got into a freak accident and lost it all.

Or just when he grows older. Im far from being the man I was in my 40s and not everyone looks like Paul Levesque in his 50s....lots of men don't think much about that aspect.

Richard_39 said:
Azariah said:

Or just when he grows older. Im far from being the man I was in my 40s and not everyone looks like Paul Levesque in his 50s....lots of men don't think much about that aspect.

Not a lot of people look like Vanna White in their 60s either =p.

Richard_39 said:
Azariah said:

It's just about personal preference. I'm not a fan of muscles. I'd pick a skinny, fat, or somewhere inbetween flabby guy over a muscular guy. Muscles do nothing for me.

Personal preference means nothing against the general consensus. Good for you but not significant.

Xpendable said:
Personal preference means nothing against the general consensus. Good for you but not significant.

General consensus doesn't mean anything to me. I like what I like, regardless of what society claims is more attractive. If you learned to think on your own, perhaps you'd have your own opinion and wouldn't lean on that consensus so much.

Did you guys mistake this thread for the size thread? lol

So, I recently established my type. It's skinny, brownhaired guys with blue eyes. I know in my group of friends - almost all the girls will agree on skinny guys. Out of us 7, there's only one attracted to a little bulkier.

so bro i don't know, how do you decide what's the general consensus on what women think about skinny men? Hell, even /I/ don't know what the generla consensus is on skinny guys, but if I look around in my daily life, most of my friends are dating skinny guys!

Anyway, keep me updated on how you managed to figure out this general consensus. If the page is below the 3rd page on Google, then nah.

TheRealCallie said:
Xpendable said:
Screw what other people say. So I can apply that to you, callie?

Oh, are we pretending you don't already do that?

salty, i love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back