Hanging out

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew88

Reaction score
Anybody have the problem where they have "friends", but they never contact you wanting to hang out, want to go do something with you, hit you up when they come to town, or even bother with you? seems like all my "friends" are this way. Now I understand that as you get older that becomes less and less the case with work, family, etc, but it would feel nice if you/I was felt appreciated.

Yea I have experienced that before! I also hate the friends that you only hear from when they want something but when you want something they are too busy.

I also understand that as we get older we do different things in life, go different directions and settle down/move etc but it doesn't mean to say that we have to drop our friends, make less effort or even no effort at all!

I think when some people neglect or drop friends they don't realize that in life there might come a point when we need our friends so even sending a text/email, hanging out once in a while or even picking up the phone can be important.

Do you ever drop them a message asking them to hang out? What kind of response would you get then?

When I was growing up. We didnt have all these communications technology avaliable to us.
I wasnt allow to use the home phone much or my sisters would talk all night on the phone.
So bascailly my friends and I alway went to a local arcade to hang out. We didnt have home
vedio game system then either. Or we would simply go cruzing.
We simply met each other if we went out. We werent dependent on e-mails, checking text...ect
It was mostly face to face to communicate...then we go from there.

In my 20's it was pretty much the same...Instead of drving around, attending kegger parties
or hang out in arcades with the young crowed...we simply just hangout in bars, sports bars, pool
halls...ect. You simply run into people if you go out. Ive moved on...my friends moved on.
You simply make new friends or get to know other colleages more.
Everyonce in a while I might run into a closed friend...then we might hang out for a while...
but our lives continue to change. We'll get into relationships...ect. Have to stay home
or spend time with our GF/Wives...and kids

Then we'll meet new people...that has a simular life style as we do...
Have picnic, BBQ with our families and children. Once in a while the men
might hang out on football sunday...but most of the time, i didnt.
Weekends were mostly Honey Do days...mow the yard, maintain the cars, maintaing the house...ect.
If not..then it's going camping for the weekends with the family or whatever weekend get away.
During the week days...it's mostly taking care of the kids. You might pick up a hobbie here and there
but rasing kids takes alot of your time and attention.
Time flies...super...super fast it seems like in those moments.

Im in a relationship at the moment....Im not lonely.
I dont go hang out at bars or go hang out with the boys anymore.
Im always with my fiancee. I always stay home.
Its better for our relationship if I do this.
Makes sense why I come on here even if Im in a relationship?

I also barely moved here...So i dont really know anyone.
We go out from time to time.
Sometimes my fiancee needs a break from me. Other times she's asleep.
We have sex lots...I mean lots sometimes. We watchmovies too.
I just have spare time on my hands and Im BEHAVING.lol
I dont watch much TV. i dont have my guitars with me...
So I come on here instead. I dont even surf the net.
Just this site and FB....that's it.

When I was single...Sometimes I'll go out alone.
you'll still see me on this site...Thats becuase Im using
my cell phone to text on here.lol
I do that sometimes...becuase there's not always chicks
for me to hitted on or people to talk too...
So I act chole when there's no one to talk to.lmao

It gets worse as you get older, like you said, work, family, etc. Unless you stay within their world you grow apart. All my friends are or have been married and have kids. Sometimes I drop them a line or comment on something on their Facebook with short friendly exchanges. That's about it. Getting together to "hang out" is literally impossible.

Latest posts

Back