Hate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squall1988

Reaction score
For some reason, i find myself hating things,people,fads and even community's. I don't know why really...

Does this happen to any of you? If so how do you deal with it?

hi squall...sorry to hear your feeling this way.
i personally haven't felt this way before, i suffer more from the "i dont really care or get excited about anything or anyone" mood....

have you been feeling this way a while or are you just feeling this way lately?

hopefully things turn around soon in any case :)

Squall1988 said:
For some reason, i find myself hating things,people,fads and even community's. I don't know why really...

How do you feel about yourself?

querida said:
hi squall...sorry to hear your feeling this way.
i personally haven't felt this way before, i suffer more from the "i dont really care or get excited about anything or anyone" mood....

have you been feeling this way a while or are you just feeling this way lately?

hopefully things turn around soon in any case :)

Well i don't think it was until after high school i began to feel what i think is strong enough to be called hate twords cirtan groups of bandwagon-goers.

grundel70 said:
How do you feel about yourself?

depends on my mood really. most of the time im quite content with myself, but i do have my fair share of anger and self loathing.

Well...

Alot of people hate things as a diversion to hating themselves. When that root cause is confronted, the rest falls into place...

If that is not the case...

A freind once told me that if you hate something, then they are taking up all of your time and energy. You sit there and think about how you hate them, why you hate them, why its justified, etc... You think and think about them.

Perhaps there is something that can get your mind off of what you hate and focus it on something that you love? I am sure youknow that Hating something never really leads to anything good...

Squall1988 said:

yeah i feel like that, sometimes if im low im consumed by hate towards everyone and everything. dont know why, if im in a good mood, im the total opposite. its kinda weird and scary.

Mondays through Fridays...lol

Yes, I feel disconnected for life in general.
I'll think people are retarded so whatever people do and
the events people are participating in......It's all retarded to me.lol

It depends how I process my thoughts and emotions.
Sort of like food...Food for thoughts...lol
My thoughts drives my emotions...I'll act or react to how I feel.
Some poeple will like a dish and the next person will think it's disgusting.

Maybe hate it not the exact word to discribe certain feelings
you have. It might also help if you expand your emotional vocabuary.
The word hate is associate as being a powerful negative emotion.

Dis-like, irratated, dis-approve, annoy,

example...I don't hate Drake, he just annoys the hell out of me sometimes....:p
I don't hate people...sometimes people do things that I dis approve off.
I don't hate my ex-gf..i actaully love her very much....I'm angery at her becuase the things she's done.

Maybe it might also help to check yourself of the actual feeling
you're feeling underneath the hate...

Maybe it's fear, envy, jealouscy, anger...etc

It's okay to not want to conform to everything and everybody.
With that being said...there's has to be something or somebody
you like. Try to keep a balance nor throw a wet blanket over everything
and everybody. It takes time to sort things out...throwing everything
and everybody into the hate blender is not the most healty thing in the world or mind set.
If we do...we'll recoil ourselves into a conner or isolation.

Maybe it's just becuase , you forgot to eat, didn't get proper rest
in your sleep that you're not processing your thoughts and emotions.
Your fuse gets shorter. Sorting poeple...takes more brain energy.
The human brain takes alot of energy to function...probably around 80%
of the energy we consume into our body. Perhaps check your diet.

Maybe you're under pressure to perform and is not
performing as best as you think you should. Maybe failing a
class perhaps.

Maybe there's been sometype of change in your life.
Changes are stressful for everyone.

maybe it might help to make a list of what you like and dislike.

stella said:
Squall1988 said:

yeah i feel like that, sometimes if im low im consumed by hate towards everyone and everything. dont know why, if im in a good mood, im the total opposite. its kinda weird and scary.

When you are in good spirit...
Some guru would say when you're spiritaully fit..nothing bothers you.

I work a spiritaul program...I havn't been able to float or walk on water yet :p
Err...for me bascially it's as you state...when I'm in a good mood/spirit.

Hate, sometimes you have to let it go. But squall, take a positive light to it, at least you are hating. When you are hating, means you want to better your life and have a goal, and you don't really know how to get to it. So why put all the energy into hate, go find ways to improve your life =)

Hate means you care, one way or the other. It takes energy.
I just have a cold indifference towards most things in life. It's a lot harder to be indifferent than it is to just throw around the word "hate", but once you are, so many things that would make a hateful person ***** and moan needlessly and tirelessly just slide over you unnoticed.

What is the point in hating fads, etc?
Just...don't participate in them. It's not hurting you if others do. Stop caring so much about things that don't concern you. You'll have much more energy for things that do.

The only things I actively hate are seriously punishable crime, intolerance, and Crocs. Three ubiquitous things, all of which have offended me personally.

LonelyDragon said:
The only thing I truly hate is me.
****. Unless you're a murderer or rapist or Dick Cheney or Bernard Madoff, that is really unfortunate. You seem lovely.

Bella said:
LonelyDragon said:
The only thing I truly hate is me.
****. Unless you're a murderer or rapist or Dick Cheney or Bernard Madoff, that is really unfortunate. You seem lovely.

He's probably Madoff's third cousin....:p

Hate can consume you, and become your downfall. I try really hard not to let bad feelings fester into hate. There are things I do not like, or care for very little... and, perhaps a couple things that I truly detest; however, I don't think I hate anyone/anything at the moment... something I'm proud to say, as it used to be an issue for me, especially in the most superficial of terms.

Skorian... the world's always going to suck, at least to some degree, right? So, I guess all we can do is try to affect the small part of the world with whom we have contact in a positive manner. Perhaps carve out a small niche of people that share your beliefs/ambitions, and work toward establishing a place of contentment if even on a small level.

Well sadly, it sucks so bad it's probable it won't exist too much longer.

Get back to me when you have actually experienced some real hardship. Like being bed ridden for almost a year because you trusted the wrong people.

I'm not really bent towards hate, I can dislike certain separate aspects of the societal structure or general populace but it never goes beyond that. My fault is more a predisposition towards depressive and self-pitying thoughts, a circle that I often find hard to break out of. Usually, when I do, it tends not to last long. Well, I hope this time is different.

Latest posts

Back