Here's a question for the dudes.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IgnoredOne said:
nerdygirl said:
As a girl with mostly male friends, I'd like to point out that it's usually ME listening to THEIR problems... and that "common interests" thing is a lame excuse. Girls like a lot of the same things guys do.

Maybe. But even when girls have 'common interests', the way they prosecute it is very different in my experience. I've given up, for example, ever trying to include women in most of my gaming groups because their attitude toward winning is insufferable to me - while the rest of my group can be calmly focused on winning at any cost and taking responsibility if someone makes the team lose, women almost always seem to bring an emotional component that wrecks the synergy. I've had one girl go berserk at me for "its just a game! You should be having fun! Who cares about winning?" and constantly yell, even scream for me showing "favoritism" because of my calm and proven belief that a might makes right system works. Another girl seemed happy until one day, she exploded with, "I don't like doing things like this! I'm only doing it because all your guys insist on it! I'm not good at voicing my opinions, maybe, but you should care more :( :("

God **** it. I care about who's most efficient and effective. I believe that the best should be admired and the weak should be hazed until they learn to serve better. I couldn't give a larger **** about 'fairness' if it reduces our overall effectiveness. I treat my real-life projects the same, and at this point, am almost sexist in a way about including women in my teams lest they begin to bring up such concerns as well.

Its not that I'm not fair. I've told every person who objects to me the same thing - if he feels that he/she can do better than me, then he/she can simply present the numbers of measureable improvement versus cost. Men I've worked with can appreciate that logic; women don't, and sometimes invoke some unquantifiable social or moral benefit. Quantify it, **** it. Prove that you can do better than me if you're going to correct me. That's all I ask.

Haha. This is exactly what happened back in college days when all my friends and most of the Com Sci classmates I had (mostly boys) got hooked up with playing Dota. They were so annoying how they harassed
someone if he/she is playing poorly and they would get all stressed out to the point of bullying that person. But life's like that, we get good days and bad days and sometimes it's cos of you've not played that character before that you're still figuring things out. IT IS JUST A GAME! yes sure, but why does winning one game seems like winning the Olympics or the Fifa world cup. The point of a game is to enjoy it. The ending, we stopped playing with them and played our own game where we can ask for time outs or killing each other at certain levels. (hehe)

I do think that sometimes boys just do it differently than girls and it's better to leave it like that. But also, there are guys who can forget their ''manliness'' for a bit and understand a girl that we are wired differently. Emotional, yes very. Try having your hormones messed up every month. Sometimes it's just the lack of understanding on both sides. Ideally yes, guys and girls can hang out as friends. But both has to meet at a certain point. (but apparently, very seldom on video games)

floffyschneeman said:
I do think that sometimes boys just do it differently than girls and it's better to leave it like that. But also, there are guys who can forget their ''manliness'' for a bit and understand a girl that we are wired differently. Emotional, yes very. Try having your hormones messed up every month. Sometimes it's just the lack of understanding on both sides. Ideally yes, guys and girls can hang out as friends. But both has to meet at a certain point. (but apparently, very seldom on video games)

My frustration is that women seem to sometimes take it into the professional world as well; they are usually the ones, I find, who trigger interdepartment fights due to some perceived unfairness("We don't we get more vacation days? Why does the other department get free transportation and we don't? We should get more paid overtime, its fairer!"), but the reality is far more competitive - something which I can explain to men, but seems to wash over women.

"We are on a fixed paid contract from Mitsui. The less I pay you, the less you get in the way of benefits, the more more money the company gets overall. If we stretch the budget too much, then the company will shut down your department, we ALL lose our jobs and nobody gets paid."

"Its not about fairness, its about making the supervisors happy with the ROI from this contract."

The girls listen carefully, like the guys, and promptly forget about it within a week, as I get another request so that she can 'spend time with children over holiday.' Sigh.

Those girls who I don't, who I can work with very well, and who understand the realities of business are instead villified as 'queen bees' for not evidently 'not caring.' Maybe they're the only sane ones.

Hmm.... you ask a good question. Why would I not just want to be a friend I am romantically interested in? Lets see here, maybe it is because my feelings will get in the way. I want to be with her. So what will happen? Despite your desires I will unconciously continue to flirt with her. I will continue to try and woo her and it will get in the way. However, worst of all the never-ending rejection would make me depressed.

In the end it is a choice. When I am horny I don't want too be around women I want to have sex with. Because you ladies can become super comfortable. You will get all touchy feely and sweet and innocent with us. Knowing that we want to be with her. Knowing that we will treat you well for a chance to be with you. While your pipe for attraction has been shut off dismantled, recycled, rebuilt and put into good use on another guy. So you will throw on you boy shorts and practically see through tank top and parade around our house giggling and talking. Maybe give us some cuddles and hugs. Talk to us, vent to us. Then you can throw your pants on and drop them right back off and for your boyfriend.

Anyway enough ranting, I digress. It is just fine to be friends with someon you want. It is your choice. There is no double standard. A man or woman can choose to be friends with someone he or she might never have. Personally I find it frustrating when I am not having sex of my own. So I choose to stop associating with you until I have some sex.

Yeah! said:
For the record, I, too, am a dude (Pretty sure).

Question here is, why are many of you unable to accept that sometimes, a chick just wants to be a buddy? You might be super into her, but she mightn't be into you beyond the platonic. Why is this a problem? If you like her enough to wanna bang her and be in a relationship, why don't you like her enough to just hang out, see a movie or play vidya? Please, don't tell me this isn't the case, a very brief glance over the threads and comments of this board will show you exactly what I'm talking about. You yourself, dear reader, mightn't be that guy, but what gives? I'll bet there were chicks that totally wanted to jump yr bones but you didn't think they were attractive. Why the double standard, especially when hypocrisy is a major rant material, which in itself is hypocritical. I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION please.

Not trollin', not baitin', just wonderin'.

Because its too hard to be "friends" with someone whom you want to have a relationship with. The embarrassment comes over most people that they are seeing a girl that rejected them. If you are one of the rare few who can get over himself and his ego, more power to you, but most guys out there can't.

Women and men are different...
I dont think like a woman...and why
in the hell some women cant understand this simple fact is beyound me..
Why??? Cuz I dont think like a woman..

I peronally Have friends
male and female already...

So I be in Hurter mode. Im looking
for a LOVER not a friend...
Yes...my lover fresia the living honeysuckle
out of me

I domt have problems having female friends.

I can appricate her difference of being a female and will handle things different than I do and still achive the same goals..
I just dont like being strung alone by women...let be friends..let do this first or that first. Its not natural.
Women dose That..I feel she has control issues instead of just going with the flow. Of life.

Its also one of the many reasons
why Im attracted to certain types
of women...the wild, spontanous
out of control type...some knows
when and how to shift gears better than other...There comes a time
when I just need to mellow
the fresia out and just rest. Enjoy
the simple things in life.
Timing and communication would be key .
Women gotta talk aleast 50k words per day..this where she having a female friends helps.

With men its around 20k words per day. My eyes glaz over cuz I dont have anything to say or wanna say anymore..and she wanna talk talk talk about deep stuff @ midnight.lmao

Uhh, what's so hard to believe that not every girl wants to be with you? The way we dress doesn't mean we want you to touch us. Boy shorts and tank top doesn't mean she wants to sleep with you. Too many men are delusional when it comes to this. And some females as well think that guys always want to sleep with them. So it goes both ways. But friend doesn't mean you can get into someone's pants.

It's just like "yeah!" says, very simple...

if you love a girl and want to make a love spooge into her baby maker... you gotta go buy a cartoon of eggs and suprise her with 1 as a gift...

if she says... "lolwut?" or "wtf... egg?" you gotta be like... uhmm der... JUST KIDDING AHAHA!!! and then if she's a good friend or you like casual flirting do friend stuff with her...

BUT... if she says "thank-you" and makes an omellete... well gosh golly you've got a winner sport!!!

VanillaCreme said:
Uhh, what's so hard to believe that not every girl wants to be with you? The way we dress doesn't mean we want you to touch us. Boy shorts and tank top doesn't mean she wants to sleep with you. Too many men are delusional when it comes to this.

THANK YOU.

Jesus. I've met some guys (yes, and girls, don't you people get your knickers in a knot) who, when they enter the room, it's as though there should be Superhero music playing and a fan blowing their glorious hair back and there's a caption:

"It's ok. I'm here now!"

and the lusting after them should commence.

Douchewads. Get over yourself.

I was not put here as an object for you to touch or to be available to fresia should you come up to me and say, "Hey honey, how about we get it on?" And by the way, I don't find that honeysuckle flattering.

VanillaCreme said:
And some females as well think that guys always want to sleep with them. So it goes both ways.

**** Skippy.

VanillaCreme said:
But friend doesn't mean you can get into someone's pants.

Too many people think that friendship is the side door to a *******-relationship. Sometimes it is, but it depends on the individuals involved. It's when people think that friendship entitles them to a fresia-buddy relationship that I get pissed off.

****...theres more fucken she man on this fiorum than I thought ::p

See...here.s one of the core issues
or problems....fucken people
dont follow instructions and some women always be sticking tneir nose
in places where they dont belong...

Such as givren guys freaken advice
on her to get laid or get a date.
Thats why some men turn into little
fucken bitches by taken dating advice
from a woman.

Yes...men get it...women wanna play
fucken barbie or house.
Yes..yes tiny shorts or whatyever u wear dosnt mean you wanna get bang .

I can have conversation with women
or whatever..cuase I have a GF already and she like Hawt..so I aint to desperate or in need.
But If Im single...If I do hit on Ya...consider it compliment cuz I only date hawt bueatiful women...

Conteray to what most women may think....Women dose not have the comner on the market of putting people in the friendzone.....

I for one have numberious female friends..sone of them I know befriend me cuz theyre attracted to me. Visa versa.

Some Im not attracted to...personilies or looks, to wanna
get into an intimate relationship with. Visa versa...

Its part of life...deal with it.

Lonesome Crow said:

from a woman.

fucken barbie or house.

or whatever..cuase I have a GF already and she like Hawt..so I aint to desperate or in need.
But If Im single...If I do hit on Ya...consider it compliment cuz I only date hawt bueatiful women...

Conteray to what most women may think....Women dose not have the comner on the market of putting people in the friendzone.....

I for one have numberious female friends..sone of them I know befriend me cuz theyre attracted to me. Visa versa.

I tried skimming over that as fast as I could, because to be frank, your grammar and horrid spelling makes me want to blow my ******* brains out.

HOWEVER, the best advice to take ON women would be FROM women. Most men don't know what we want, and they can't speak for us. Now, I understand some guys think they're ladies' men and all that, but I assure you, the ones who think that have no clue. They only do what THEY think is cute. Not what we think is cute. Those guys are probably the worst guys to be with, imo, because they don't listen to what their woman wants. And bragging about being this womanizer type guy is not cute either. It's a shame that so many guys think they have to go by that guide.

VanillaCreme said:
HOWEVER, the best advice to take ON women would be FROM women. Most men don't know what we want, and they can't speak for us. Now, I understand some guys think they're ladies' men and all that, but I assure you, the ones who think that have no clue.

I shall paraphrase.

"HOWEVER, the best advice to take from business is from customers. Most businesses don't know what customers want and can't speak for us. Now, I understand that some business are successfl, but I assure you, the ones who think that have no clue."

Logically silly, and yet the parallel is essentially true.

If you are a business and you seek to establish a mutually beneficial relationship with customers, getting information from customers is important. But so is getting information from other businesses.

Assuming that you were selling your product, customers can only provide that much accurate information due to cognitivie dissonance - most if not all customers would claim that they want quality, and other traits that affirm their identity as intelligent, aware customers. In reality, however, many- or even most - customers make decisions on silly quality-unrelated intangibles, such as packaging or status. Only other businesses could provide that information. Coke, as its founding, did not manage to get a commanding lead because of its taste(like what its consumers will tell you), but because Coke was one of the first to use sexual appeal in their ads(with Gibson Girls).

So yes, asking men who are successful with women as to their strategy /is/ useful if you also want to be succesful to women. Past performance is an useful indicator.

Ultimately, imitate and associate with people you want to be. If a person /wants/ to be a womanizer, then associating with them is the best way to learn the appropriate skills. If a person wants to be a steady husband, associating with men in steady relationships(or husbands) would be the best way to acquire the personality.

VanillaCreme said:
Uhh, what's so hard to believe that not every girl wants to be with you? The way we dress doesn't mean we want you to touch us. Boy shorts and tank top doesn't mean she wants to sleep with you. Too many men are delusional when it comes to this. And some females as well think that guys always want to sleep with them. So it goes both ways. But friend doesn't mean you can get into someone's pants.

It certainly catches and arouses our attention though. :p

I'm actually the opposite, constantly assuming that no girls like me, and I only think that with the most obvious of hints. There are a lot of guys like me, and I guess we're just as bad.

Lonesome Crow said:

from a woman.

fucken barbie or house.

Of your years of obnoxious and offensive posts here, this one might be close to number 1.

Hey, men can ask women for honest advice about what we (women) want and stand a chance of beginning to understand what some of us want.

Or, they can take advice from guys like you or PUA forums and end up as man-whores with a string of conquests notched into the headboard.

Trust me, in the long run, a man-whore is not what most women want. <--That may be close to a generalization, but I imagine it's pretty spot-on.

I don't know what ********* told you this:

from a woman.

fucken barbie or house.

...but that's an offensive, full-of-honeysuckle generalization that some idiot pulled out of his ass.

Well....Ive never had a woman
tell me my grammer sucks while
Im slapping her ass and pulling her
hair :p

Theres plenty of women that loves sex and really experinced. Dont have
sexual hang ups. They dont use sex
as a weapon or thinks thier pussy is
the holi griail....
They look good smells good and loves shwoning off their bodies and sexiness....in private and in public.
These women are totally hawt and have high..high self esteem. They dont give a fresia about what some lonely ass chick may thinks or say. Theyre too bussied living life.
Plenty of men chasing after them....
It would also take a man with relatively the same high level of confidence and mentality to hang and be with these women.
Judge them if u may...ur judgements only lives in our own mind. Is irrevilent Life dont evlove around you no matter what u believe in or dont believe in. Thats the realitiy of it.

Latest posts

Back