Hezekiah's Thread Of Insanity (Update)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think LC was trying to put you down or invalidate your feelings, LK.
Barbaloot and Felix also brought up a lot of good points.

It truly is hard to relate to a group of people who have varying ages, interests, likes, dislikes, etc. Your brother probably didn't engage much in conversation about video games or basketball because it would have excluded the rest of the group and they most likely not have a clue of what you two were talking about. I'll even admit, I don't have the slightest idea about those topics and wouldn't have been able to offer any input had I been in that room with the lot of you.

So, perhaps, it's not a matter of they wouldn't talk about them. They just couldn't. I am sure if they were all avid players and knew exactly what you were talking about, they would have happily chimed in -- but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am sorry you had such a rough day.

Felix said:
Uhmm wait... This was the brother who... you know??...

I understand this differently now... It's understandable that you felt inhibited because of what happened in the past. It's similar to what happens to me, when I see my uncle I see someone who supported a dictatorship and it angers me, I don't want to be with him but I have to tolerate him anyway for my family.
Oh God no! It's not that brother. I haven't seen that other one in over 20 years. This brother is named Neil. He's my older brother at 41yo.:)

potato said:
I don't think LC was trying to put you down or invalidate your feelings, LK.
Barbaloot and Felix also brought up a lot of good points.

It truly is hard to relate to a group of people who have varying ages, interests, likes, dislikes, etc. Your brother probably didn't engage much in conversation about video games or basketball because it would have excluded the rest of the group and they most likely not have a clue of what you two were talking about. I'll even admit, I don't have the slightest idea about those topics and wouldn't have been able to offer any input had I been in that room with the lot of you.

So, perhaps, it's not a matter of they wouldn't talk about them. They just couldn't. I am sure if they were all avid players and knew exactly what you were talking about, they would have happily chimed in -- but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I am sorry you had such a rough day.
Yeah. I kind of snapped at LC. MY frustration got the best of me. You guys make some strong points.
@LC I'm sorry bro. It was uncalled for. I was out of line on that one.

LOL....
Lets not travel down the road of holding people mentally and emotionally hostage.
Just becuase I felt bad...dosnt mean the rest of the world has to...too.

Most of my family member dont find my interest interresting to them.
I can talk about aviations or music therory all day long.

Im kindda like the lost, neglected child, blacksheep of the family.lol
Thats becuase I saw the fucken elephant in the living room all those years.lol

I do love my nieces and newphew very much. They get alone with me.
Most of the time I just make them luagh with light heart jokes or casual conversentions with them.
Just going with the flow.

The subject matters gets too serious with my sisters. Differences of opinions, debated, ect...
They dont really slow down enough to ask me "HOW I FEEL"....
So i dont really talk to them much...Not unless I wanna get interigated.lmao

Most of the time I just listen to my mom or do what she asked me to do to help her.
I just spend time with her and listen to her talk.

When my children calls ...Well, guess what????
I just listen to them talk...tell me about whats bothering them.
I try to cheer them up. i dont give them advice nor tell them what to do...
Ask them HOW THEY FEEL and alway let them know I love them no matter what.

During family get together, holidays or the at the dinner table.
I dont talk much or steer any conversations.
I just listen to everyone else...go with flow...luagh with them...ect
I can get out of myself for a couple of hours or a day.
I dont enternalized , turn it inward and feel like honeysuckle about myself.

If I cant tolerate some of the stuff..I'll just go outside and chill the fresia out...
No one is holding me hostage nor Im holding anyone else hostage.

Imagine being ignored at every conversation because you can't talk?

That's my life at home. My mom interprets my sign languge for me but she can't do it all the time at at all places for various reasons.

perfanoff said:
I'm sorry Sophia :(

That's why I found my way to ALL.

I am in an environment where everyone signs now though. So it's a bit easier I think.

SophiaGrace said:
Imagine being ignored at every conversation because you can't talk?

That's my life at home. My mom interprets my sign languge for me but she can't do it all the time at at all places for various reasons.

And hear I sit thinking I have it bad. Sophia, that remark made me realize just how petty my problem is. You just taught me one hell of a lesson.:(

4 hours! 4 **** hours!

Last night a friend of my father's bought himself a computer. He needed help with some basic stuff.(After all my posts in the Tech section here, I'm surprised there is actually someone out there that I can help. lol)

Problem was, he was half in the bag. I can't tell you how frustrating it was, but he's my dad's friend so I kept my cool. I spent an hour just trying to tell him how to burn using Windows Media Player!

The dude was also slurring his words like Kid Rock on a Saturday night. He must have mentioned Xhamster a billion times. Wanting to know how to download their videos. I sent him link to a downloader which took another 45min. to show him how to use one. After everything, around 4 hours later, we finished.

I'm all for helping others, I just wish he had of laid off the sauce before calling me. Wadda goin' you do?

LoneKiller said:
. . . Wadda goin' you do?

Not talk to him. I'm sorry, I wouldn't have helped him in that state. Call me when you're sober kind of thing... You know, like the song Amy Lee wrote about it... Anyway, I'm all for helping people too, but not when they're so drunk that they'd use WMP in the first place...

LoneKiller said:
He must have mentioned Xhamster a billion times. Wanting to know how to download their videos. I sent him link to a downloader which took another 45min.

Xhamster isn't going anywhere, why would he need to "download" their videos? Bookmarks are your friend...

He'll probably come back and you'll spend another 4 hours removing viruses and malware.

I get the same kind of thing with my grandfather. He can't so much as send an attachment in an email without my direct intervention.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm all for helping people too, but not when they're so drunk that they'd use WMP in the first place...

I use WMP on Vista, no problems, but the versions on Win7 suck ass, imho. Its pretty much been going downhill since 9, but like what do you use? I just use VLC on my Win7 machine.

Phaedron said:
LoneKiller said:
He must have mentioned Xhamster a billion times. Wanting to know how to download their videos. I sent him link to a downloader which took another 45min.

Xhamster isn't going anywhere, why would he need to "download" their videos? Bookmarks are your friend...

He'll probably come back and you'll spend another 4 hours removing viruses and malware.

I get the same kind of thing with my grandfather. He can't so much as send an attachment in an email without my direct intervention.

VanillaCreme said:
I'm all for helping people too, but not when they're so drunk that they'd use WMP in the first place...

I use WMP on Vista, no problems, but the versions on Win7 suck ass, imho. Its pretty much been going downhill since 9, but like what do you use? I just use VLC on my Win7 machine.

He downloads the videos then burns them so he can play them on his DVD player. His computer is a Notebook I believe.

haha, i have a good IT story lol
a guy i worked with asked me to help set up a computer for a friend of his...
so i go after work with him one night and turns out it's the local hells angels leader in some run down house. i had to format and reinstall windows and set up his internet.. and he was very insistent on the drive data being wiped.. i asked no questions lol.
he gave me $100 as i was leaving and i got the hell outta there lol.

Hank2 said:
haha, i have a good IT story lol
a guy i worked with asked me to help set up a computer for a friend of his...
so i go after work with him one night and turns out it's the local hells angels leader in some run down house. i had to format and reinstall windows and set up his internet.. and he was very insistent on the drive data being wiped.. i asked no questions lol.
he gave me $100 as i was leaving and i got the hell outta there lol.

Hell's Angels!? lol
Lucky you didn't make a mistake working on his computer! lol

I don't think that I am going to make any friends with this post but I've got to get this off my chest. Regardless of Loser#1's opinion on women in my "How Would You React To Catching Your Significant Other In Bed With Someone Else?" thread, I can't help but feel bad for my words.

Although his opinion however brazen it seemed to me, I can't help but feel that maybe we were a little too hard on him. Although I disagree with his opinion, and I still mean what I said, I think that ganging up on him like we did wasn't fair.

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I know is that I'm feeling pretty bad about myself right now. I mean no disrespect to the other members. I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings. I hope you all don't think less of me.

LoneKiller said:
I don't think that I am going to make any friends with this post but I've got to get this off my chest. Regardless of Loser#1's opinion on women in my "How Would You React To Catching Your Significant Other In Bed With Someone Else?" thread, I can't help but feel bad for my words.

Although his opinion however brazen it seemed to me, I can't help but feel that maybe we were a little too hard on him. Although I disagree with his opinion, and I still mean what I said, I think that ganging up on him like we did wasn't fair.

I can't speak for anyone else, but all I know is that I'm feeling pretty bad about myself right now. I mean no disrespect to the other members. I'm just trying to be honest with my feelings. I hope you all don't think less of me.

I went and read the thread so that I could find out what this is all about. He got ganged up on because he was being blatantly misogynistic and a bunch of people called him out on it. And I would certainly not say that they were too hard on him at all.

Aww LK. You make me want to just give you a hug. You're so nice.

I read the thread too. I can see where you would feel badly. But I think for people like him, who are strongly opinionated in that way, I think they are probably used to getting that sort of reaction from people. I didn't think you were harsh at all either.

And that makes you a guilty man:
[video=youtube]
Nah, I really don't think you did anything wrong. These things happen.
Its called being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I have little tolerance for people who make blanket, insulting statements about how evil a group of people are based on their bitter experiences with that group. And I have little tolerance for someone not being adult enough to realize "not all people of a group are like my experiences of them" and refuse to even capitulate to the concept that there are differences between people.

Everyone can have their opinion, but does this forum need its members trumpeting their hateful, insulting opinions about specific groups? Be it men, women, the LGBT community, a race - a forum like this is not really the place for hearing "you are horrible based on what you were born as and I regard all of you the same" from other members.

Furthermore, there is a lot of misogyny on this forum. Thankfully the mods have started addressing it. It is not pleasant to be a woman in this site when we are painted as evil, scheming, calculating, manipulative, shallow, money-grubbing whores (who are worthless if they don't look like how the male poster thinks they should look like) by quite a few of the male members here. I for one am sick of it.

So no, I am not apologetic about my response. fresia that kind of attitude. :cool:

Barbaloot said:
I have little tolerance for people who make blanket, insulting statements about how evil a group of people are based on their bitter experiences with that group. And I have little tolerance for someone not being adult enough to realize "not all people of a group are like my experiences of them" and refuse to even capitulate to the concept that there are differences between people.

Everyone can have their opinion, but does this forum need its members trumpeting their hateful, insulting opinions about specific groups? Be it men, women, the LGBT community, a race - a forum like this is not really the place for hearing "you are horrible based on what you were born as and I regard all of you the same" from other members.

Furthermore, there is a lot of misogyny on this forum. Thankfully the mods have started addressing it. It is not pleasant to be a woman in this site when we are painted as evil, scheming, calculating, manipulative, shallow, money-grubbing whores (who are worthless if they don't look like how the male poster thinks they should look like) by quite a few of the male members here. I for one am sick of it.

So no, I am not apologetic about my response. fresia that kind of attitude. :cool:

+1,000,000

At times, I feel as though this site ought to be called An Angry Young Undersexed Male Lonely Life.

Enough already.

If I made a blanket judgment against all you penis-holders based solely on my bad experiences with men, there'd be a lot of cussin about lying, unfaithful jackasses.

I am, however, a grown-ass adult who understands that just because one man or two men or fifty men happen to be philandering ********, that doesn't mean that ALL men are. I've known men who are decent, caring individuals even with the random flaw here and there, and I've known men who are scheming vindictive psychopathic stalkers.

Jesus, some of you men go about trumpeting how men are the logical thinkers while we womenfolk are deranged harpies who are held hostage by hormones and emotions. Are you serious? fresia that honeysuckle. Grow the fresia up, get over that bitter attitude and maybe, JUST MAYBE, you'll be worthy of a nice woman. /rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back