Hobbies

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to play guitar but my depression has made me lose intrest among other things. Now im just happy sometimes listening to vinyl.

I've attempted to cosplay, but I never have time, and making your first costume is pretty nerve-wracking.

HOMEWORK IS MY LIFE /o/

A_T_Swordsman said:
I've attempted to cosplay, but I never have time, and making your first costume is pretty nerve-wracking.

HOMEWORK IS MY LIFE /o/

I want to cosplay. I just don't have the money to buy materials even though I have a sewing machine and know how to sew (more or less...)
I've always wanted to make a maid's costume or my avatar (it's a rabbit head from the manga "Doubt") or a custom/OC Vocaloid costume or I d'know, something.

More or less, I like to write, draw, paint, sculpt, think, troll, make meme images, make ragecomics, read manga, watch anime, chat, otaku dance, dl music, play mario kart, face paint, banter, complain about things, and greet people like "Hello" every time they walk past me until they get annoyed.

I also like to imagine I have a butler named Cedric as I sip herbal tea and think thoughts in the voice of a rambling middle-aged British man. That's only on gray days, though.

I've always wanted to make a maid's costume
^^ and we would love to see the pics =)

i'm a musician and play multiple instruments. guitar, bass, piano, drums and a singer.
i also am a bit of a song writer and enjoy recording/producing other musicians.
I am known to do woodcarving every blue moon when inspiration hits me.
and of course, computers. i am completely self-taught but built from scratch every pc ive ever owned and used to overclock and mod pc's. I am the local pc repair man that everyone calls to fix their messes lol.
also on pc's, i have been into p2p since napster and was active on many private sites and trackers over the years and spent waay too much time as a staff member on some as well. not as much anymore tho, now i'm just a standard user.

oh, and i'm not sure if you would call it a hobby as much.. but i'm an avid researcher. about anything lol.
i may see a certain cool looking tree on my drive home one day and then get home and try to google it, next thing you know i'm studying the genius and follwing reference links. then i may run into a forum about trees and jump into a debate about them lol or where ever it takes me. sometimes it may lead me off into other directions and next thing i know i'm learniong about Socrates and his methods of debating or 1930's cinema lol.
I end up knowing an awful lot about totaly random things and seem to be able to regurgitate it at a future time when the subject comes up. its good and bad, because altho it can impress some people, usualy people look at me like.. why in the hell do you know that? lol

^For me it's more of a ritual than a hobby, and by ritual I mean there's a lot of incense, candles and pentagrams involved.

Bob Arctor said:
^For me it's more of a ritual than a hobby, and by ritual I mean there's a lot of incense, candles and pentagrams involved.

That is most profound. My masturbation sessions need more pentagrams involved.

here is a list of my favorite hobbies that I sometimes remember I love but mostly just wish I did more of instead of moping around without inspiration:

Shopping for clothes & shoes (bad hobby!) but so fun especially when moping around

Photography. I like to photograph beach scenes, the sunrise or sunset. Also been trying to work with various indoor and natural lighting. Photographing pets like a "pro" is something I'd love to learn. My pets are model material for sure =D

beach hikes & collecting sea glass

wine & cheese pairing...fun hobby (In moderation)...I always just wind up going with a Cab & sharp cheddar though =/

home decor (aka, moving my furniture around)

writing poetry (sadly I am only inspired to write when really sad!)

sketching

Barbaloot said:
My only hobby is masturbation. :( You guys are so well rounded.

This too. Lots and lots'a this. Also, collecting (read: compulsively buying) sex toys.

Oh, another hobby of mine is roleplaying (lit, "play by post").

Wow I feel so much better that others are repulsive masturbators like myself. I thought for the longest time I had a disease but now ill just like stroking it hehe

I agree hank. I hate it more when guys don't admit they do. honeysuckle we were all born to do it. Yeah I think you feel slight turn on by the ladies here posting about flipping their beans haha its ok I am too.

I was very active for two years in a fencing club at my school. I attended three days a week, trained newbies and competed in tournaments. It did exactly nothing for my social life.

^ Fencing sounds cool, though!

As for me, art is my hobby (and I happen to be lucky enough for that to be my job as well). I also love reading, listening to music, being on tumblr, and watching TV. Oh, and driving around without a destination. Gas prices being how they are though, it's an expensive hobby that I don't get to do very often.

I'm getting into scrapbooking. I want to make a movie theme scrapbook. Of all my favorites. :)

I love crafts! Whether they are hard to do or simple things like kids make doesn't matter, as long as I am having fun. I have one in a kit I just purchased that is making four coasters out of mosaic tile stained glass. The last one I did was making a simple teddy bear that a kid would love to do. I really enjoy doing things like that..it's very relaxing, and no matter what it is, I am proud of myself when I finish and display them.

Latest posts

Back