honeysuckle! I think I found someone!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanderer145 said:
You can get turned down for not being not handsome enough, or not 6ft tall enough!

Or, by answering a question incorrectly.

"My favorite colour? Blue... No.

AAHHHHHGHGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
[video=youtube]

Couldn't resist. :D

Triple Bogey said:
Did Hawk go on the date ?

I had the date.
I think if I had any chance left with her I lost it now.

It was difficult to take her on a date but I kept persisting and eventually she came. She said she has been really busy lately and is constantly tired.
Because I liked her so much I could not help acting like a kid who didn't get his way, meaning thru the date I think I've mentioned almost 10 times if I we could go on another date soon and if I could call her!
She kept being friendly to me but I could tell in her eyes she never wants to she me again. She did say I could call her but those words didn't fit with her body language at all.

Ill just sent her a message on her birthday in 6 weeks from now and not bother her anymore. I cant help caring for her still.

Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I had the date.

It was difficult to take her on a date but I kept persisting and eventually she came. She said she has been really busy lately and is constantly tired.
Because I liked her so much I could not help acting like a kid who didn't get his way, meaning thru the date I think I've mentioned almost 10 times if I we could go on another date soon and if I could call her!
She kept being friendly to me but I could tell in her eyes she never wants to she me again. She did say I could call her but those words didn't fit with her body language at all.

Ill just sent her a message on her birthday in 6 weeks from now and not bother her anymore. I cant help caring for her still.

oh well at least you had the experience of a date.

Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I had the date.

She didn't even like to call it that but a "meeting".

Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I had the date.

I would cut all ties with her, don't send any messages. Forget about her. Hopefully you will meet someone nicer and more interested !

Triple Bogey said:
I would cut all ties with her, don't send any messages. Forget about her. Hopefully you will meet someone nicer and more interested !

I actually have to agree with this. I mean, do what you want, but I don't think sending her a "happy birthday" message a month and a half from now will do anything towards gaining a relationship with her. If that's not your intention, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad; But if that is the intention, knowing when to say "uncle" is probably best.

You may not see it this way, but perhaps she thinks that she really gave it a go. She tried and it didn't work out. That happens more often than not. It's perfectly fine. I, too, hope you come across someone that holds more interest in you than she ended up holding.

Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:
Hawx79 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I had the date.

The changes of finding someone for me is extremely slim. So cutting of all ties with her means absolute singleness.

VanillaCreme said:
Triple Bogey said:

I actually have to agree with this. I mean, do what you want, but I don't think sending her a "happy birthday" message a month and a half from now will do anything towards gaining a relationship with her. If that's not your intention, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad; But if that is the intention, knowing when to say "uncle" is probably best.

You may not see it this way, but perhaps she thinks that she really gave it a go. She tried and it didn't work out. That happens more often than not. It's perfectly fine. I, too, hope you come across someone that holds more interest in you than she ended up holding.

But im thinking because even at the beginning she didn't really seem to wanna go hang out because she just isn't ready yet for a relationship with anyone at the moment so maybe in 6 weeks when she gets her life together it will be a different story.

You know, I think it's brave that Hawx put himself on the line. He took a risk, and that's to be applauded. Many people might be too scared or not have enough self-esteem to even ask someone on a date.

So, good on him. :)

SophiaGrace said:
You know, I think it's brave that Hawx put himself on the line. He took a risk, and that's to be applauded. Many people might be too scared or not have enough self-esteem to even ask someone on a date.

So, good on him. :)

I completely agree. As they say in many sports, you miss 100% of the shots you never take. No one ever achieved anything by risking nothing.

Well done, Hawx.

Thanks to everyone who supported me.
I've never dated before and even though she acted remote to me, I still enjoyed just walking next to her and sitting across her. I always thought I was way too shy and awkward to make this possible, but it wasn't that bad really when you just focus on her, you seem to forget about all your insecurities trying to appease her instead.
But i'm still not giving up on her, she makes me feel so good just being next to me. Ill call her again in a week or two, besides she said I could do so.

I think the reason she lost interest in me is perhaps I've given her too much affection.
The first date it was great, I was calm, I had little expectation and treated her as kindly I could and she felt good and very appreciated, she gave me her number and she messaged thanked me after the date.
Next day I send her a message saying how happy she made me feel and that I care about her. It was after this she started acting cold.
I guess if you like someone a lot, you're supposed to hide it, at least in the beginning.

Hawx79 said:
Next day I send her a message saying how happy she made me feel and that I care about her. It was after this she started acting cold.
I guess if you like someone a lot, you're supposed to hide it, at least in the beginning.

It's way too early to be saying something like that - you barely know her!
It would have made her quite uncomfortable.

ardour said:
Hawx79 said:

It's way too early to be saying something like that - you barely know her!
It would have made her quite uncomfortable.

Yeah and how he kept asking her when he could see her again on the 2nd date. People want to be able to make up their own minds, and it probably feels to her that he is forcing her.

Yeah I think I made her feel forced. But I don't blame myself for this mistake, im so lonely and desperate!
I definitely wont make the same mistake again.
But im not planning to give up on her yet, Ill contact her in the end of this year and see how her attitude is towards me then.

Hawx79 said:
Yeah I think I made her feel forced. But I don't blame myself for this mistake, im so lonely and desperate!
I definitely wont make the same mistake again.
But im not planning to give up on her yet, Ill contact her in the end of this year and see how her attitude is towards me then.

we all have to learn by our mistakes !

I'm late to the discussion so I apologize if I'm talking out of turn. By your last comment it seems you've figured out that you probably came on too strong too early and you'll have to learn from that mistake. In my experience, the girls I have dated and were successful (successful meaning we dated long-term) was because we let things unfold naturally. When I forced the issue it made them less receptive to me and eventually turned me down.

I get that in the beginning it's exciting and all you want to do is revel in the euphoria that a new, promising relationship brings. It's easy to get your head in the clouds in the beginning. Try to stay grounded, however, and try to keep your expectations to a minimum. For me, it's the best way not to feel so much anguish by the rejection and disappointment in a failed opportunity.

I've never dated someone with a child, so I can't offer an opinion on that. If you feel it's not going to be a problem to you, perhaps reassure her that you are willing to accept them both in your life.

Yeah, just my .02 cents. Good luck with it, and enjoy the experience!

ThisModernLove said:
I'm late to the discussion so I apologize if I'm talking out of turn. By your last comment it seems you've figured out that you probably came on too strong too early and you'll have to learn from that mistake. In my experience, the girls I have dated and were successful (successful meaning we dated long-term) was because we let things unfold naturally. When I forced the issue it made them less receptive to me and eventually turned me down.

I get that in the beginning it's exciting and all you want to do is revel in the euphoria that a new, promising relationship brings. It's easy to get your head in the clouds in the beginning. Try to stay grounded, however, and try to keep your expectations to a minimum. For me, it's the best way not to feel so much anguish by the rejection and disappointment in a failed opportunity.

I've never dated someone with a child, so I can't offer an opinion on that. If you feel it's not going to be a problem to you, perhaps reassure her that you are willing to accept them both in your life.

Yeah, just my .02 cents. Good luck with it, and enjoy the experience!

Hello, thanks for your reply. I did ask her questions about how her son so she must know that that is no problem for me.
I have been needy and the only way for me to recoil from this is by not contacting her for a long time, perhaps maybe she will contact me ...or never.

Latest posts

Back