How can serial killers get girlfriends but "nice guys" can't?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It's a good question, though.

Serial killers may be married legally to crazy chicks, but if you think they are allowed to consummate their marriage inside prison, you're crazy.

And there are plenty of non-crazy women who like non-crazy men. I know all my female and male friends who aren't crazy or serial killers are partnered up, and they seem to have had no trouble finding love.

True. Honestly, I have come to the conclusion that whenever someone becomes famous for whatever reason, they are going to have people admiring them. These admirers simply want to feel better about themselves if that person chooses them as their partner.

Sort of a, "Wow, I can't believe they choose me, I must be worth something" feeling. Heck, Tiger Woods has a girlfriend again and I really don't understand how any girl would be able to trust him after how many women he cheated on.

Hell, even Gary Glitter has women still chasing after him. Dude is a convicted pedophile, and a sicko, and he's still a sex symbol to some women.

I don't understand it, but I suppose it's the notoriety. If someone has made a name for themselves, for whatever reason, they're more attractive than an unknown.

The question should be rephrased, "How can guys with high social status get girlfriends, but guys who don't have social status, can't?" And the solution to that is, just make a name for yourself. It's that easy. You may not get a girlfriend, but at least you'll be someone. Sitting around and whining about how you can't get what you want, won't get what you want.

This is what I think of when I see the name of this thread now:

Cereal_Killer_II_by_tarantulove.jpg

VanillaCreme said:
This is what I think of when I see the name of this thread now:

Cereal_Killer_II_by_tarantulove.jpg
Are you telling me all I have to do is stab a cereal box and I'll get women?

Well what I can't understand is why millionaires and billionaires seem to have no problem finding lots of girlfriends. :p

Maybe instead of a serial killer you could try being mega wealthy?

Millionaires and billionaires are good at finding gold diggers.

If that's what you want, aim for that. But you really should try to find someone who would still be with you if you lost all sources of income, and your finances went bottoms up.

I used to work in a place where there were female convicts. It was impressive to see how these women could find a boyfriend so quickly upon release. Not all of them but many of them had multiple tough problems: having a sentence or many, mental problems, having no job or a lowly job, drug problem, kids in state custody, STDs, etc. Yet, they found a man and a few got married, had children within a few months to a few years. One who got married and later had children had murdered her husband! The new man was aware of that fact. He looked absolutely proper, had a job, etc.

I found the most successful relationship-wise were simply really pretty. Everything else than physical appearance in a woman does not seem to matter. They can be truly troubled (to use a mild word) and still find a match.

One of my colleague remarked ''but some of these men they get may be as troubled as they are''. True. You attract what you are.

TyCobbLegend said:
It blows my mind. When Ted Bundy was on death row received around 200 letters a day from girls professing their love to him.
I am sure there are plenty of other killers around the world who had the "charm" to attract women. And then there are nice guys like me who are a bit shy at times, but would never hurt a woman at all if she would just gave me a chance!

Those women are obviously crazy. So I don't see why you should be envious -- or would you really like an attention of some crazy woman?

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Hand over those Cheerios. I'm hungry.

Or do I have to stab it first? I have to hunt for my meal?

Hunt, yes! Then you can just club a woman with child bearing hips, and drag her by the hair back to your den. Win-win if you ask me.

... so lonely rejected guys should study serial killers and sociopathic personality disorders to attract women? I've heard of 'pick-up artists' researching and mimicking narcissistic behaviours. The only non morality based practical problem I see is maintaining the obnoxious attitude, as it sounds so exhausting.

There's a valid question in there ; why are so many crazy women attracted to killers, criminals, and not say, other types of social outcasts? Why is their taste in men just so.

Sometimes I think it's because women have some hardwired attraction to aggressive alpha males, men who can beat the honeysuckle out of other men and take their resources. During our evolutionary pre-history there would be an obvious advantage to pairing with them. This might also explain why women go out with jerks.

There's nothing original in that line of thinking, and as an explanation it's completely unhelpful anyway since I'll never be a genuine *******, so I'll continue to hope that it's mostly untrue (while wallowing in those thoughts when I'm at a low point)

rdor said:
Sometimes I think it's because women have some hardwired attraction to aggressive alpha males, men who can beat the honeysuckle out of other men and take their resources. During our evolutionary pre-history there would be an obvious advantage to pairing with them. This might also explain why women go out with jerks.

Yeah I kinda agree with this an something I think is true too. Though it's not something that accounts for all women.

rdor said:
There's a valid question in there ; why are so many crazy women attracted to killers, criminals, and not say, other types of social outcasts?

Umm, maybe because they're crazy? Just a thought. :)

But why them, specifically?

Essentially overconfident ‘bad boys’ are still (mis)taken as most genetically fit. It must go right back to Paleolithic Era where being aggressive and lacking in sentimentality would indeed have made a man a better protector and provider.

This is why women stay in relationships with scumbags who abuse them.

This is why they stay with men who cheat. She may feel personally affronted, but in some twisted way sexual success with other women confirms his ‘alpha’ status.

And this is why crazy women go for violent crims who inadvertently display some of these dominant male traits. Mentally disturbed women are following their most basic programming here in the absence of higher reasoning skills.

So nutty girls go for criminals and abusers, instead of other weirdoes, like say Star Trek/Babylon 5 fans or train spotters.

Latest posts

Back