how many people thought of ending ur own life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the freaking time, but I don't do it because my parents put way to much time and effort into my life. I couldn't let that go to waste for them. Other than that I would of been done with it years ago!

paresh3d said:
have u thought of sucide ... and what stopped you from doing it?

I think it about it pretty much daily now that I've become way too old.
What's stopping me? Right now a very slimmer bit of hope that is quickly dwindling and procrastination.

paresh3d said:

Many times. What stopped me?...Hard to say. A lack of nerve at the moment of truth was definitely a part of it. Suicide, more than most activities, calls for decisiveness: You don't want to attempt it diffidently. I could turn back when I was younger, as there was more of a future in front of me then.

About every hour for a three month period time, until I read some statistics on the success rate of methods that were accompanied with duration to death and agony measures. I came to the conclusion I would fail at it and would only cause more suffering &/ damage.

At a few low points, I have considered it, but never gone through with it. I don't think I ever will.

Been there, done that. It wasn't wise, but I was very young. Got caught and saved by accident. Most of the times there are other, better solutions.

Tiina63 said:
I have tried in the past. If I wasn't scared of maybe going to hell, I would kill myself now as I am so lonely. I have no family, so there would be noone who would be left devastated.
The point I think is not just leaving others devastated or not, the point is (I think) that we never know. Next week you might be crossing the street, and you will step in front of a building and that will boycott the assassination of a prime minister that would cause a terrible war. Or you will save a child who is going to to save the world from global warming (for instance). There are so many stories that could actually happen if one is out there interacting with the world, and so many ways that one's life can be meaningful even if it is not very enjoyable for the person him/herself. Some people found love at 75. We never ******* know.
(I am trying to stick to this theory too)
So there is a huge uncertainty, that of missing out on something crucial.

Another thing, and this is something that has made me feel grateful for my own existence, is this...

There are a lot of people out there with severe mental or physical defects, that can't enjoy their life. They may have cancer. Children may never grow past the age of 18. Parents may be grieving the loss of a child. Someone who has been to war may have post traumatic stress syndrome, or have lost limbs in war. Not to mention all the homeless and the starving people on the streets out there.

Am I going to show them how ungrateful I am, to them, for my good health, my wealth, and the fact that I have a roof over my head and food in my belly? No, my life may not be perfect, and I may be lonely a lot of the time. But everyone faces their own struggles, and to be ungrateful for what is going right in my life is to spit in the face of everyone that has so much wrong in their life. Everything could be much, much worse.

paresh3d said:

I have many times and I tried twice when I was a teenager.

It was just a lack of coping skills I guess. I'm better with that now.

I think everyone finds different ways of dealing with, but it's worth fighting through whatever pain you feel. No matter how bad things feel at the time you will feel better again.

Can't say that I have.

I always find something to do other than plot my own demise.

I mean I have people doing that for me anyway so I let them deal with that....

I just keep trucking and enjoying whatever I can.

I wanted to find some cheap IV drugs when I was going through school and ODing on those one time. I wanted a slow death. It's ironic with the fact that I hate needles.

yeah.. most methods to die require things I don't like, like needles or knives or guns...etc....

I thought about it but never actually took any action on it. I guess it's because I know that some others have it so much worse and I'm only in such a lonely state, despite having a great family and environment, due to my own personal faults. There are other people who deserve to get the good stuff that I do have like a loving family, access to great education, etc.

Now, it's really just "I don't feel like living anymore but I don't want to die either".

Still sad and lonely though.

you know it's bad when you hear about someone getting terminal cancer and instead of thinking, "wow! that's horrible!" you instead think, "man, that guy is lucky."

blackdot said:
you know it's bad when you hear about someone getting terminal cancer and instead of thinking, "wow! that's horrible!" you instead think, "man, that guy is lucky."

You might think otherwise if you end up being in his shoes. Sure you might eventually die.. but it's usually a pretty slow, tormenting, painful one.

Not only does it hurt you.. physically, internally and mentally. But it hurts others who watch you die a slow painful death, because every day that you live on while having a terminal cancer that cannot be cured, is a day some part of you dies.

It's crossed my mind on several occasions. But it would devastate my family, I couldn't put them through that. And, deep down, I don't really want to die.

So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, really... don't want to die, but don't know how to live. I just have to keep on fighting...

Tried to commit sucide before when I was younger. When my parents weren't home I went in my dads work shed and took an extension cord and brought it to my room. I tied one end to the door knob and the other around my throat and tried slamming the door shut but all it did was kind of drag me accross the ground and leave one hell f a mark on my neck.

I'm sure everyone thought about killing their selves at least once at some point in time.

I've thought about it a few times. Really hits hard when you feel like you've hit rock bottom.

What stopped me the first time was the fear of doing it. I wondered what I'd be seeing if I went through with it, and it just freaked me out. Then the thought of ppl grieving, particularly family, would scare me even more with guilt.

The last time it happened, I managed to stop myself from thinking such things by just telling myself it's just strictly the wrong thing to do.

Sometimes it's kind of hard to control those thoughts.

Latest posts

Back