how many people thought of ending ur own life?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Badjedidude said:
Jacob1 said:
I quote an old saying by my mom ,life is what you make it biiotch!!!

Oh, that's disappointing.

I was expecting you to say that life is xanax.

No that's a differnt quote. Take a Xanax sip the henny and let your life spinny.

AmytheTemperamental said:
I have had several thoughts like this lately. I think it's these thoughts that have ultimately made me decide that the life I have isn't good enough. Time to be happy :)

That's one good way to look and act on it. Hope things get better for you, Amy. :)

I think about it daily, and tried for a 4th time very recently. Things didn't go right.
I don't have the worrying thought of family and friends because my family told me to screw off and I don't have any tangible friends. These thoughts feel like getting punched in the head but I don't know how to talk about it openly because I feel like I'm pining for attention.

Doc said:
I think about it daily, and tried for a 4th time very recently. Things didn't go right.
I don't have the worrying thought of family and friends because my family told me to screw off and I don't have any tangible friends. These thoughts feel like getting punched in the head but I don't know how to talk about it openly because I feel like I'm pining for attention.

If your family feels that way, you are better off without them....with being alive. I know it hurts, but you can make it through this and be stronger for it. Asking for help does not mean pining for attention. There is nothing wrong with letting your thoughts and feelings out. It helps a lot to let it out and no one will think you are looking for attention.

Doc said:

Talking about it is definitely not pining for attention, especially if you are willing and wanting for things to change and get better for you. I really hope you can start talking about your issues more, sometimes just having someone else who can relate and understand you makes you feel less alone in facing it, which could slightly help you feel better.

We are here for support and I really hope there won't be a 5th time. *hugs*

Man, when I think I've finally fallen as far as possible to rock bottom, I lose my footing and find out otherwise. How am I going to make it through another holiday season? Feeling lonely, unwanted and lost is a three-headed dragon that will not leave me be, no matter how I try to fend him off. I'm so tired. Maybe endless sleep is the answer I've been seeking all along. i don't know anymore.

paresh3d said:
have u thought of sucide ... and what stopped you from doing it?

I have thought about it a few times but never planned anything. If it was a case of swallowing one pill I think I would have done it. Otherwise the thought of waking up in some psych unit if I failed scares the hell out of me. I guess I'm being selfish, but I don't think my kids would miss me for very long. I really don't see the big deal with living, it just seems pointless, although I often feel quite happy. So I decided to live and be miserable some of the time!

the_ice_man said:
I don't think my kids would miss me for very long.

I'm sure they would. I've been suicidal for 2 and a half years. When that came out and my parents found out, my dad admitted to feeling like killing himself from time to time as well. If he would do that.. i wouldn't know how i would react. It would be by far the worst thing i've ever experienced. Even though i don't really show it, i love him very dearly!

the_ice_man said:

:club:

From a single mother who has dealt with a suicidal ex (my kids' father), I can't even begin to tell you how wrong you are. You would have to do a hell of a lot of bad for those kids not to miss you for a long time.
I have heard the whole "oh they'd be better off without me." I've heard "they won't miss me." I've heard it all....and you're wrong. Kids would miss their father. It would stay with them for a long time.

If you want to take it there, leave the kids out of it. Don't make them the excuse and don't give bullshit reasons like that to justify it. If you don't see the point in living, then you need to find one.

I've thought about it, I've tried, I'm glad I didn't succeed (I think). I still think about it to varying degrees. But I realise I don't want to die- I just don't like my life at times and how I live it, I don't want to die but I'm too afraid to 'live', it's up to me to sort that out.
Gosh that was dark.

I think it everyday, but I don't commit because I care too much about my parents, I don't wanna hurt them. I don't think I even have the courage to commit suicide, it takes a lot of bravery to embrace the painful death.

TheRealCallie said:
the_ice_man said:

If you want to take it there, leave the kids out of it. Don't make them the excuse and don't give bullshit reasons like that to justify it. If you don't see the point in living, then you need to find one.

I am not using my kids as an excuse for anything. Just stating my opinion. You don't know me or my kids. I've just said I think my life is pointless, and you say I need to find the point in living. Please tell me why, and don't use my kids or any bullshit reasons!

the_ice_man said:
TheRealCallie said:
the_ice_man said:

I am not using my kids as an excuse for anything. Just stating my opinion. You don't know me or my kids. I've just said I think my life is pointless, and you say I need to find the point in living. Please tell me why, and don't use my kids or any bullshit reasons!

You know what, no I don't know you or your kids. But you know what I do know? I know how my kids feel about their father, even though they barely see him and he lies to them constantly.
I have also watched 4 kids have to deal with their fathers killing themselves because they thought the exact same way you say you do. And you know what???? Those kids blame THEMSELVES for it.

Saying your kids wouldn't miss you IS you trying to find justification for it. You are entitled to feel how you feel, but I'm sorry, when people bring kids into something like this, I will step in and I will give my opinion on it.

I know how it feels to want to die, because I've been there many times before. If you don't see the point of living, you need to find one. Simple answer, but not easy to accomplish. I know that from experience too.

It's the only thing I can think of... the only source of peace. Because who would truly care? And it's not like I have any purpose in this world or reason to be in it. In fact I don't want to and I find existing to be dull and odious.

TheRealCallie said:
Saying your kids wouldn't miss you IS you trying to find justification for it. You are entitled to feel how you feel, but I'm sorry, when people bring kids into something like this, I will step in and I will give my opinion on it.

I'd have to agree with this. Yeah, they're your kids, Ice man, but you don't know how they'd feel. My father passed away about two and a half years ago, and while it wasn't a suicide, I still think to myself all the things I could have done to help him. I didn't even know he had fallen so ill so quickly. He had been in the hospital for a couple of weeks, and none of us had even known. Years ago, when my mom had fallen ill, my brother and I were so wrapped up in taking care of her that we all but forgot our dad. And I always think to myself that I really should have cared for him more. We tried to convince him to move to South Carolina, but he always kindly refused. We know the reason why, and it was because he thought he'd be a burden on us. Truth be told, he wouldn't have been. I wish I had at least told him that last time I saw him. Maybe I wouldn't feel so bad about it.

My point is - long and drawn out as it was - that you'd be surprised how much your children would think about you. No I can't speak for them, and I'm not pretending I am, but I know how it feels now to be without my father in life. It's something that I could never fathom until it actually happened to me. So, if you can, prevent them from that heartache until it's absolutely necessary. They're still your children at the end of the day, regardless of if the family is close or not.

The only time I've thought about ending my life was when my so-called dad called me ugly when I was 12 years young. It traumatized me. I thought about ending my life that night and couldn't stop thinking about it to the point it gave me bad migraines. I was merely a pre-teen!

God I really wish I could kill myself. Life hasn't worked out well and it doesn't seem like it ever will. The present is something to be endured and the future is something to be feared. I have no idea why I continue this stupid charade.

Lishniy Chelovek said:
God I really wish I could kill myself. Life hasn't worked out well and it doesn't seem like it ever will. The present is something to be endured and the future is something to be feared. I have no idea why I continue this stupid charade.

Pretend that was someone else's comment and you had just read it. How would you respond to it? Coz that's your answer (if you're looking for one).

Latest posts

Back