How to look good?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
That's good. Keep it that way. Are you supposed to get anything for it? No. You could just as well be the complete opposite and still have all of these issues you're experiencing.

No. And I don't expect to get anything for it either. This is how I like to be. I have never been turned away from a girl because she thought I was too dirty or that I had the appearance and smell of a garbage truck if you get my drift. ;)

I don't give myself points for this. This is something I always do.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:
That's good. Keep it that way. Are you supposed to get anything for it? No. You could just as well be the complete opposite and still have all of these issues you're experiencing.

No. And I don't expect to get anything for it either. This is how I like to be. I have never been turned away from a girl because she thought I was too dirty or that I had the appearance and smell of a garbage truck if you get my drift. ;)

You totally missed my point.

BeyondShy said:
VanillaCreme said:

Yeah, see, I don't believe that you don't expect anything from it. From what you say here, you expect quite a lot.

TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, see, I don't believe that you don't expect anything from it. From what you say here, you expect quite a lot.

I guess it doesn't matter what I say because there is always going to be someone ready, willing and able to make me feel two feet tall and stupid.

I do this for myself, being neat and clean. I don't expect anyone to say anything about it and I certainly do not expect some woman to notice it while I am failing with her once again. No, I won't talk to you. Now go away. By the way I like the cologne you have on.

I'll tell you what I do expect. I expect to be given a chance just like everyone else is. Men who probably are well-known women beaters for example would get more of a chance with some of them (DID YOU NOTICE I DID NOT SAY "ALL" THIS TIME?) then I would. I just want the opportunity to show I am a decent person to one of them because I am despite what you may think.

TheRealCallie said:
Yay, the woman beater scenario again :rolleyes:

I'm not that way.

TheRealCallie said:
I'll leave you with this....expectations lead to disappointments, no matter how small the expectation.

Well you are right about that. But I also do not see what is so wrong with me wanting to get the same chance as anyone else? I am not a bad person.

BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:
Yay, the woman beater scenario again :rolleyes:

I'm not that way.

TheRealCallie said:
I'll leave you with this....expectations lead to disappointments, no matter how small the expectation.

Well you are right about that. But I also do not see what is so wrong with me wanting to get the same chance as anyone else? I am not a bad person.

I don't think Callie was calling you a woman beater, we have just heard that example quite often.

And you have the same chance as everyone else, everyone does.

Nicolelt said:
I don't think Callie was calling you a woman beater, we have just heard that example quite often.

I didn't know that. She doesn't know how to explain herself I'll tell you that.

Nicolelt said:
And you have the same chance as everyone else, everyone does.

If that's the truth I don't see it. Not yet at least.

Wanting something is not the same as expecting it. I WANT to live in a castle, but I certainly don't EXPECT it to happen.

BeyondShy said:
Nicolelt said:

I didn't know that. She doesn't know how to explain herself I'll tell you that.

Nicole had no problem understanding what I meant. But again, you seem to make mountains out of mole hills, even when it isn't directed at you. You should really stop doing that, it's not helping you at all.

BeyondShy said:
TheRealCallie said:

I guess it doesn't matter what I say because there is always going to be someone ready, willing and able to make me feel two feet tall and stupid.

I do this for myself, being neat and clean. I don't expect anyone to say anything about it and I certainly do not expect some woman to notice it while I am failing with her once again. No, I won't talk to you. Now go away. By the way I like the cologne you have on.

I'll tell you what I do expect. I expect to be given a chance just like everyone else is. Men who probably are well-known women beaters for example would get more of a chance with some of them (DID YOU NOTICE I DID NOT SAY "ALL" THIS TIME?) then I would. I just want the opportunity to show I am a decent person to one of them because I am despite what you may think.

I understand what you mean. Men like us don't get a chance. We don't get opportunities. For whatever reason. I would love the opportunity to be nice to a woman, be caring, loving, be interested but no such luck. It isn't going to happen.

VanillaCreme said:
I think too many people are way too into looks. Not having dirt and honeysuckle on your face is good. Being clean about yourself is really the only thing that matters. Everything else is preference.

Of course. Whatever looks we are given, we have to be clean and tidy, wear nice clothes and be presentable. If anybody lets themselves go then they only have themselves to blame !

M_also_lonely said:
What are you people talking about. I m not able to understand.
BeyondShy was just remarking how he doesn't feel being 'clean and tidy' makes it any easier to find people.
Others were just explaining that you shouldn't 'expect' for it to be any easier, but at the same time it seems kind of what was implied earlier.

I don't really know either, to be honest.... -sigh-

BeyondShy, I have a lot of problems in my daily life too. I dont have that ability to understand what these poeple said in these long theories above, well,but, thanks to them for that they take time to help us in their own way and putting efforts to help as much as they can and motivate others. But I understand a simple strategy which says:

"You feel lonely??, Calm down for some minutes, we will solve it later."
You dont feel worthy?? Calm down for some minutes, we will solve it later."
"You feel shy to talk to your crush?? Calm down for some minutes, we will solve it later."
You are invisible to people, while others of your age are so famous and get so much respect?? Calm down for some minutes, we will solve it later."

See, you more problems you have, more excuses you have to turn off your mind's engine for a while.

Yes, problems wont be solved by that.But still, it makes us happy just to stop thinking for a while. Having a break. And loving animals and standing on the terrace at night enjoying cool wind with closed eyes and watching Despicable Me and donating to poor and telling them, "seeing you happy makes me happy."

Try it.

M_also_lonely said:
And loving animals and standing on the terrace at night enjoying cool wind with closed eyes and watching Despicable Me and donating to poor and telling them, "seeing you happy makes me happy."

Just to be clear, we are talking about the movie, not the member right? lol

TheRealCallie said:
M_also_lonely said:
And loving animals and standing on the terrace at night enjoying cool wind with closed eyes and watching Despicable Me and donating to poor and telling them, "seeing you happy makes me happy."

Everyone loves that movie! :D
Also, please don't watch me. That would be a little creepy... :p

M_also_lonely said:
Yes, problems wont be solved by that.But still, it makes us happy just to stop thinking for a while. Having a break. And loving animals and standing on the terrace at night enjoying cool wind with closed eyes and watching Despicable Me and donating to poor and telling them, "seeing you happy makes me happy."

Try it.

I get it.

Take a step back from the things that bother you is what I think you are saying.

Despicable Me said:
Everyone loves that movie! Big Grin
Also, please don't watch me. That would be a little creepy...

I have never seen that movie.

Be kind but be truthful, sincere with tact. Looking good is not 1/2 as important as feeling good and first impressions are not always imagery.

TheRealCallie said:
M_also_lonely said:

Yes, the movie offcourse

BeyondShy said:
M_also_lonely said:

Try it.

I get it.

Take a step back from the things that bother you is what I think you are saying.

Despicable Me said:

Watch it. You will see the innocence in the acts of characters that will male you feel happy.

BeyondShy said:
M_also_lonely said:

Try it.

I get it.

Despicable Me said:

Watch it. You will see the innocence in the acts of characters that will male you feel happy.

Latest posts

Back