How to Pick a Good Woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listen, I think this article makes a good deal of sense. Is it 100% spot on? No, most articles about anything usually are not.

The point I wanted to make in this is that one should not settle because they think that's the best they can do. From my own very limited relationship experience I can say that not wanting to be alone is a horrible reason to remain in a unpleasant relationship.

Might I be wrong to assume that we have certain expectations from significant others? All I want is someone, an equal, to love me as much as I love them. If this makes me sexist or full of myself then I guess I am sorry.

At any rate, look at the first disclaimer at the bottom of bloody article.

Antihero said:
Listen, I think this article makes a good deal of sense. Is it 100% spot on? No, most articles about anything usually are not.

The point I wanted to make in this is that one should not settle because they think that's the best they can do. From my own very limited relationship experience I can say that not wanting to be alone is a horrible reason to remain in a unpleasant relationship.

Might I be wrong to assume that we have certain expectations from significant others? All I want is someone, an equal, to love me as much as I love them. If this makes me sexist or full of myself then I guess I am sorry.

At any rate, look at the first disclaimer at the bottom of bloody article.

Antihero dear,

Folks aren't really disagreeing with YOU, but some points of the article. You are not wrong to assume that everyone has certain expectations from significant others. :) You are very much correct! It does NOT make you sexist or full of yourself. You are also 100% correct (in my opinion) about not staying in a horrible relationship, just because you don't want to be alone. There is nothing wrong with anything YOU have said. As for my post, I was only disagreeing with the gentleman who wrote the article. I thought some of the stuff was off the mark. He is entitled to his opinion too. Of course, I wouldn't dismiss a person as a potential partner, just because they didnt reach over and unlock my door. :p But, apparently the author would, and that is HIS criteria. It's all about what makes you happy in a relationship. I dont think that anyone meant anything bad towards YOU with their comments. I know I certainly didn't!! :) The thread itself, was a very good idea for a relationships thread. I just think that some of us though the guy who wrote the article had a couple of odd notions is all.

:DWe love you, Anti!

EveWasFramed said:
Anyone using this list as a guideline for finding a "good" woman, is doomed to fail. While there are a few good points, there are just as many inaccurate ones. I also took the time to read some other stuff by the author before posting my comment. I see a pattern in his views. He's just a bit skewed when it comes to his opinions of women. No offense, as I said, he has several good points, but several of the items on his "list" fail to make the grade. :p lmao, good luck finding that Stepford Wife! :D

Totally agree with Eve.

Latest posts

Back