Is the age gap to much? Whats the oldest person you would date?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reynard_muldrake said:
HybridWarrior93 said:
I text him im not goin to call him. I didn't say the text was from me. All the friends ive ever had ive texted weird or random honeysuckle to. If he doesn't text back hes not the kind of person im interested in. Even when they didn't know it was me they still texted something crazy or stupid back. Ill be ready to talk to someone 31 when I am 31. I text "If its not broken why fix it? If its broken then why is it so?"

You can't really blame him if he decides not to text back. A lot of people would be reluctant to send responses to unknown callers/texters. Do what you think is best, of course. I'm just saying not responding to an unsolicited text isn't the best way to gauge someone's potential as a boyfriend.

Thank you for the response. I know but I dont have anything to say to him. Every friend ive had we've always had lots to say even if we had nothing in common. I reply to random text. Even if I dont know who it is. Im also tired of always being the one to put in effort (for anyone Ive ever talked to) so if he really wants to talk to me he should say something. If not then so be it.

Unfortunately the age gap is closing. There was a time where I'd go for people several times my age.  Now that I'm 49 they can't be much more than twice as old as me.  You see, I like older women.  MUCH older, and my main heart throb is 95 year old Betty White.  Now she is sexy in my books.

Do NOT chase him, make HIM do the work. Men are biologically programmed to hunt, the harder the hunt, the greater the prize. the prize is you, by the way. The likely hood is you are going to have different interests , although some '30 somethings' do still like to go to raves,clubs etc most have moved on from that sort of thing (I am 35 so that's my experience anyway). When I was you're age, I also used to make the first call/move etc as a feminist it felt empowering, however, men DO NOT see this as empowering, they see it that the girl is throwing themselves at them or that she is easy. It shouldn't be this way, we as women know thats not the case, its just that blokes see things differently to us. My advice, you have put a bit of work in, now do nothing.

You asked for his number and he gave it to you, he told you to call him anytime you liked. My guess would be that even if he has no "proof" who the text is from he will know enough, I myself would put one and one together and leave you alone, not text back because youmade it clear it's not wanted.

To me it looks like he is letting you make the decission wether or not anything is going to happen, believe it or not but there are men out there that do not "hunt" they may want to but they just don't know how to be like that.

If you like him call him, or text if you realy don't know what to say, him being a few years older does not mean you can't have anything in common he was once 23 himself... Playing games gets you nowhere in life, unless you're an athlete that is!

As for the oldest person you should date?

Its hard to say because people mature at different rates.  Women tend to mature quicker then guys.

31 yrs old guy with a 23 yrs old girl is a bit of a stretch but I dont think its too bad if you two are in the same ballpark in terms of maturity.  But of course its possible, not saying it is, you still have the maturity of a teenager and he has the mindset of a 40 year old, and in that case things would not work out. But you wouldnt know that until you got to know him better, and not necessarily through dating.

Im a 31 year old guy and 23 would pretty much be the bottom limit on the youngest I would date, and 35 the upper limit on the oldest.  I dont want to be with anyone too much older then me because I feel they would have trouble respecting me if they were considerably older then me.

For a multitude of reasons, I would never advise getting into a relationship with a coworker.

8 years would be nothing to me, but I dated a guy in his 20s when I was around 30, and found we just were too different in life stages. But it depends on the people involved.

I'm considering whether it is possible for a 36 year old man to have a legitimate interest in me at 53, or whether it is entirely my bank account and US residency. Ugly_sean is giving me hope that I probably would be better off not having.

I'm 19 and I would have a relationship with a mature woman as well. In fact, I believe that I would have more things in common with an older woman. Social life is just not for me, I am busy studying, working and making business plans all the time. I would be closer to someone who could understand a busy man working hard on his career rather than teens.

My wiev on it:
If you like someone, you like someone. Never been to a rave, but I'd like to go some time, even if I'd happen to be 70 at the time XD
Might however be good to see that you are of "similar mindset" before - that you value the same things, have the same limits etc. Would be bleh if you'd be a couple and then you would figure out something about each other you couldn't get past.
Due to me liking personalities and not looks, I am currently in a slightly tough situation where I like an almost 40 year old person at the age of 21. Not exactly a dream scenario in my opinion, and it can make me feel a bit uncomfortable (what would people think, would that one die when I would be 50, I like staying active and old people get more stationary etc). Maybe it'll just pass in my case. The fact that I don't have a thing for older people makes actually considering it make me feel like, well, a freak, I guess. Had I looked at it from the outside, I would probably have said it would have been a bit too much age difference.
My only worries about your situation is your reluctancy about the whole thing, that the worries and... nervosity? would be the end of it. However, that would absolutely not have to be the case.
Good luck, no matter what :D
EDIT: Oops, realized the original post was a bit old :S

Latest posts

Back