It's near hopeless if you're an average (or less) Iooking guy.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:
What about us who want average-looking people?

What about everyone in this thread?

Exactly. Though obviously one may see themselves as average at best, and some others may agree, but then there are some who see supposedly average looking individuals as attractive to them.

She was actually implying we all want supermodels, but you make an interesting point.

Xpendable said:
Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:

Exactly. Though obviously one may see themselves as average at best, and some others may agree, but then there are some who see supposedly average looking individuals as attractive to them.

She was actually implying we all want supermodels, but you make an interesting point.

Oh yeah, I got Creme's implication. I more took your post as saying that we're all probably average, in a neutral sense.

Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:

Oh yeah, I got Creme's implication. I more took your post as saying that we're all probably average, in a neutral sense.

That's probably true too.

Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
Seosa said:
Xpendable said:
VanillaCreme said:

That's probably true too.

Seosa said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:
MisterLonely said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:
I have just given up all together. Period. At one point on line dating was legit but I don't think it is anymore. If the person is not a fake or old account, they are very likely a troll OR scammer. It is possible they aren't but the odds...as they say, are not in your favor. Like you I don't have a realistic chance of meeting anyone in the world I live in. I am surrounded by married men. If there are single men, respectfully there is typically a reason.

"If there are single men, respectfully there is typically a reason."

And the same is not true for women?

I didn't say that. But women typically value marriage while men on average want sex and then marriage if they have to.

Outdated notion.

You could argue it's more the opposite situation now because of the abundance mentality. Inamongst that creepy spam they'll still be dozens of messages from genuine sounding men looking for monogamy, causing women to think there's always something better hold out for.

Most people, of either sex, want supermodels. I don't see anything inherently unhealthy in it.
When it BECOMES unhealthy is when you actually expect, or feel entitled enough, to think it'll actually happen.

I'm obviously in a minority because I definitely don't find looks are important, other than taking care of what you have.
For me it's all about the person beneath the cape were born with.
E.g. there's a guy here on ALL (with whom i've had no personal contact) who I fancy like crazy. I read his posts and melt nearly every time. His whole sexy person leaps off the screen and I have no idea what he looks like, so please stop worrying about your looks guys and know they are irrelevant. It's about who you are not what you look like.

I've been approached by women before, when I was younger. One of them, in high school I would have thought of dating. I was 15 pounds heavier back then, about 215 and she was probably over 200 pounds. She seemed sweet though, and her face was kind of nice. I wish I had given her a chance. Part of it was that I was physically ill at the time. I'm more likely to like women that are bigger to that degree now.

I've had very attractive women sit in the next seat over or across from me many times in waiting rooms. This doesn't mean they found me attractive, I suppose. IDK. But they aren't very well going to start talking to me. I'm shy, anyway. Like what exactly am I going to say? There's no basis to have a meaningful conversation. I can say "How are you doing?" and I'll probably get "Good, you?" then, likely, I'll just have to say "Good" and go on my way.

Really I'm more worried about the fact that I'm disabled and likely will never be able to work full time than looks. This really makes things nearly impossible.

EmilyFoxSeaton said:
MisterLonely said:
EmilyFoxSeaton said:
I have just given up all together. Period. At one point on line dating was legit but I don't think it is anymore. If the person is not a fake or old account, they are very likely a troll OR scammer. It is possible they aren't but the odds...as they say, are not in your favor. Like you I don't have a realistic chance of meeting anyone in the world I live in. I am surrounded by married men. If there are single men, respectfully there is typically a reason.

"If there are single men, respectfully there is typically a reason."

And the same is not true for women?

I didn't say that. But women typically value marriage while men on average want sex and then marriage if they have to.

I don't see what's wrong with having sex but not getting married. I do desire monogamy. But I've seen too much from my mother's 3 divorces to want to promise to stay under any and all conditions. I want to be able to leave before things get completely terrible. I'm not one for one night stands or sleeping with several people at once. I just need an out that doesn't involve breaking a promise made in good faith.

From what I saw, both my mom and husbands 1-3 changed completely soon after they signed the nuptials. It's like "HA HA You're mine now! You can't leave!"

Plus as a disabled man that doesn't want kids and can only work part time, what exactly would I be doing getting married?

Just going to butt in here:

I myself am disabled. So is my girlfriend. Neither of us want kids, though she has one (from a previous relationship). We'll still be getting married at some point. :) :) :)

Lowlander said:
Just going to butt in here:

I myself am disabled. So is my girlfriend. Neither of us want kids, though she has one (from a previous relationship). We'll still be getting married at some point. :) :) :)

Good for you bro  :) . But I don't think that's for me. I don't really even want to cohabitate. I'm so disabled that I've been living with my mom as an adult. 

Once I get my own place, I wouldn't consider living with anyone else for a long time. Maybe ever. 

Thanks for responding Lowlander. I was beginning to think everyone was afraid of me because I mentioned the schiz. I was envisioning not getting acknowledged for 3 days and ragequitting. lol

Well not really ragequitting, because I follow the rules and wouldn't say anything mean.

edit:That's what I get for talking like my friend who is a huge gamer lol. It doesn't really apply here. I'll leave it in for authenticity's sake.

Been disabled my whole life, and lived with my mother until earlier this year, currently I'm 24 years old. My GF lives in another country. Things might change drastically for you in about a year or so. Three years ago for example I certainly wouldn't have envisioned my life as it is now.

Lowlander said:
Been disabled my whole life, and lived with my mother until earlier this year, currently I'm 24 years old. My GF lives in another country. Things might change drastically for you in about a year or so. Three years ago for example I certainly wouldn't have envisioned my life as it is now.

I'm pretty close to getting the voucher for Section 8(subsidized housing). How were you able to get the funds to move to another country? I apologize if that's none of my business. I'm 37. I've had some hard years. For the first 20 years meds didn't do much. Well really anything.

Some people don't understand that schiz isn't split personality or psychopathy. Or that the people that wrote horror movies with schiz villlains literally had no idea what they were writing about.

Lowlander said:
I haven't moved country yet. Currently we just go back/forth :)

LOL I can't even realistically leave my very poor county. After I get a job and a car I want to move to a suburb where my social needs will likely be better met. That will take many years.

Do you live in Europe or somewhere else where different countries are closer together? I live in 'Murrica. 

Lowlander as in Lowland Scotland? Or in western continental Europe?

sorry again if that's not my business.

MikeyLE80 said:
Plus as a disabled man that doesn't want kids and can only work part time, what exactly would I be doing getting married?

Well, that doesn't mean you can't marry if that's what you desire.

TheRealCallie said:
I would date a disabled guy if we were compatible.

I would date a disabled girl of we were compatible. I've been attracted to many behore.

Latest posts

Back