Last Person Alive

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

diamond-dancer

I'm itching for 'I Am Legend' to be released in cinemas here.

Just wondering... what would you do if you were the last man/woman alive?

I would go to all the music stores in town and get all of the big stack amps, take them to the down town plaza, hook them all up together and play my guitar so loud all the birds (and me, obviously) went deaf. Then I'd prolly kill myself. I might walk around downtown naked first. :p But not if it was winter. I'd also break into the movie theater and watch I Am Legend. I was thinking about seeing it today, but I saw No Country For Old Men instead.
btw, I thought you said that came out on boxing day??? Didn't that already pass???

I had the chance to see the movie today, but I heard it wasn't as good as expected, so I didn't go.

Anyways, I'd probably go crazy, simply from realizing I'm the only one of my kind in the entire immensity of planet earth.

I'd be even more lonely than I am now. :(

Then again, I do prefer being by myself. I'd probably go to a supermarket and eat a whole bunch of donuts. Boy do I love donuts...

i want 2c this movie
i also would never b the last 1 left alive... if there was me - there would b others
i would probably spend the rest of my days rescuing ppl from awkward death traps?

Oh so is that what that 2012 thread was all about :D

That would be so depressing being the last man alive :( I cant imagine a world without females :(

I'd go explore area 51, and any military bases with tanks, guns, and stuff... then I'd drive around in a jet and tanks blowing stuff up and living off army rations... once I got bored I'd probably find some city with a really ritzy downtown penthouse... find a generator I can lug up into the penthouse, and start siphoning gas to store for use in the generator. I'd get drunk to fill in the boredom (cause without maintenance power, internet, television etc would all be gone), and pee on the fancy stuff till it started to stink, then I'd dump the gas around the penthouse and set it on fire and watch it burn from an adjacent office building... I'd find a motor bike and map out a route that'd allow me to jump town to town and just go travelling siphoning gas into my bike from left behind vehicles. I'd saw off a shotgun to carry with me... get a leather jacket and find a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe just like Mad Max had... and get a mutt of a dog to take with me and we'd drive around surviving.... yeah that'd pretty much sum up what I'd do for a while anyway.

Qui said:
I would go to all the music stores in town and get all of the big stack amps, take them to the down town plaza, hook them all up together and play my guitar so loud all the birds (and me, obviously) went deaf. Then I'd prolly kill myself. I might walk around downtown naked first. :p But not if it was winter. I'd also break into the movie theater and watch I Am Legend. I was thinking about seeing it today, but I saw No Country For Old Men instead.
btw, I thought you said that came out on boxing day??? Didn't that already pass???

I agree with the naked and killing yourself parts... depending on how traumatising the method in which everyone else died was I suppose...I imagine I'd go mad...

I thought it DID, but it's not out til January 3rd... Grr.

This idea is really close to a book that I recommend to read "Second Origin Typescript", from the Catalan writer Manuel de Pedrolo. If you can find in English it's worth to read. As it say;

The novel narrates the story of two children from a little country village in Catalonia named Benaura. Alba, a fourteen-year-old girl, and Dídac, a black nine-year-old boy, become the two only remaining humans on Earth after they accidentally survive an alien holocaust that eradicates all life on the planet. As Alba and Dídac bravely recover from the catastrophe, they not only insist on living in a post-apocalyptic world, inhabited by myriads of corpses and deranged, psychotic survivors, but they also take up the mission of preserving human culture and repopulating the Earth.

:p

i'm hope that I was pregnant

n look 4 a sperm bank or so lol

Oh man if I was the last human being alive, humanity would be S-O-L
I wouldn't kill myself, I'd probably go explore the world living off plundered food and siphoned gas. etc. Solve some of the world's big mysteries like Area 51 like lito would, see if the Arc of the Covenant is really in that church in Ethiopia, go to the Mason's head quarters and the Illuminati head quarters and see what's up there, stuff like that.. then after exploring the entire world I would pick my favorite place somewhere on a beach probably and spend the rest of my life relaxing and reading, because there would finally be time!! lol (Twilight zone reference:D)

I recommend everybody see I Am Legend, I didn't find it disappointing at all, it was a fantastic movie in my opinion

SOL is an acronym for honeysuckle Outta Luck.

Yeah, you got it right nevermore explore where you couldn't have explored with people around... then head to the beach. There's gotta be a big library or book stores on or near a nice beach somewhere where you could just kick back and relax and take it all in for the rest of your days. And you could even bring a monkey along and he could run around the beach chasing birds off and playing in the sand etc.

You could have a whole family of monkeys! I think one more thing I would do before I retired to a beach paradise with my monkey minions, would be to put a whole bunch of things that represent the best of humanity from all the different ages all in a massive bunker in chronological order. One last shrine to humanity, so if "anything" ever found it in the future they could know who used to live there, but then again that sounds like an awful lot of work and I'm pretty lazy soooo it probably wouldn't get done, so just hope I'm not the last one of us left:D

Ya I think I would grab a nice car and drive around really fast, I would love to tralvle and see vatcin city Europe and all those places without the crowds and that cool stuff, But I would try too preseve the culture and everything. I would do a lot of reading and loud music playing, but evantually I might get lonely or bored too.

I think I would do a lot of cool spray painting, just like all over buildings and everything, like spend my entire life turning NYC into a cool Mural of black and neon colors and glow in the dark stuff so that if anyone came back looking for earth from space they would see my cool art and know that there was still some one there. Thats an interesting questing and a lot of cool ideas

I liked I am legend too, but I agree the ending could have been better

haha, yeah I was thinking of saying you could spend time writing a book or something and leave it on the desk of some government office like the white house, or whatever important looking structure happened to be in the country you're in at the time, but I figured the same... it'd just be too much effort... besides, with nobody around to pillage and deface anything, chances are some monuments to humanity would last a very long time... eventually nature would likely reassert it's hold over everything, but that'd take millennia, barring some great event like the earth spinning into the sun or something.

Saw the movie tonight... I think there were some things that could have been done to make it better, but it still scared me... and I don't really get scared in movies. Poor Sam... I came home and hugged my cat.

I don't ever want to be the last person alive.

I think maybe the one of the 1st things id do is to work my way to the tallest building i can find and just spend the night there watch the sun set and rise with the city below me in total silence, and just contemplate for a while.

Then id go off exploring as has been said... with limitations i wont be able to reach anywhere overseas as i can neither pilot a plane or a cruise ship, so my choice is limited to UK and Europe, Russia, and a god part of Asia, come to think of it thats not so bad.

Eventually though the realisation would kick in, id be living my ultimate fear, go mad and probably kill myself somewhere nice on a beach watching the sunset.

diamond-dancer said:
Saw the movie tonight... I think there were some things that could have been done to make it better, but it still scared me... and I don't really get scared in movies. Poor Sam... I came home and hugged my cat.

I don't ever want to be the last person alive.
*Very minor I Am Legend spoilers*

Yea that was something about that movie, I didn't expect it to be pretty much a horror movie...and those things were scary as hell...Poor Sam indeed:(.. If the world was covered in those.. things..... then I wouldn't want to be the last person alive either...No way..

Latest posts

Back