Life - How is it treating you right now?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vagrant Legacy

Reaction score
Figured I’d put this in general chat. Doesn’t really get more general than this anyway.

I guess right now I’m just pissed at life, and how it’s treating me. Anyone else who wishes to contribute by posting how life is treating you right now, and how it isn’t fair is more than welcome here. I’ll start it off.

It’s an unusually hot Sunday in October, and while the gentle piano chords coming from my speakers urge me to calm down, I am beyond pissed off. You see, life has never really made sense to me, I can’t stress enough how it doesn’t make sense.
You’re born into an apathetic society, as soon as you can feed yourself it’s everyone for him/herself. Skip ahead a few years and you’ve become a person who is entangled with social pressures, and things that are forced on you, which you never asked for. You become burdened with all kinds of responsibilities, and somewhere between everybody shouting to you who you should be, you have to make a decision on where your life is headed when you haven’t even the faintest idea who you are yet. Oh, don’t forget social interactions – without that you’re lost anyway. Fit everything into one day – make sure you don’t sleep – that’s time wasted. Feeling tired? Energy drinks, cigarettes, everything to keep you awake for a little bit longer, as your schedule is packed. Always more to do.
And so it continues for some time, and along the road you suffer a number of injuries, even the simplest of actions by some jackass in your youth can scar you forever, make you afraid for the rest of your life, or some random physical injury can make you experience discomfort, possibly for the rest of your life as well.
And you have to go on – obligations everywhere, don’t forget this, get a good education, be sure to make enough money, get a home, have three kids – perfect family, no time to sleep, do this, another thing.. etc..etc.
And yet we go on. Yet I go on – here I am, the only glimmer of light I’ve seen in years is out of reach, I watch out of my windows, praying for a reason to go outside, or to have someone waiting on the other side of the window. I trudge on, along the paths I’ve seen a thousand times, every time becoming slightly more cynical, trying to laugh at the irony of misery, and the misery of irony – it matters not, nothing ever seems to change. I release a maniacal laughter every now and then, when pondering over recent events, or the absence thereof. Other times, such as now, it simply makes me nothing but angry. Should life have a face, I’d grab the first brick I could find and bash as long as would be needed to make it realize that things shouldn’t have to be this way for such a large portion of humanity.

I have to recognise my own strength though, and that of others. You see, we’re all still here. We may have thought about giving up, thought about hurting ourselves, others, those we love, and those we hate, and despite all of that – we’re still here. And I do think everybody here needs to realize how much strength and willpower that requires – don’t underestimate yourself, as long as you’re still here, you’re effectively already doing a **** good job. but for fresia’s sake, life could have been a bit better on all of us I believe. Doesn’t make sense to see those who do nothing get rewarded by the best life has to offer, and the diamonds that truly glitter at the bottom of the pile have to struggle every day, and our only reward is that we get to experience another day at the bottom of the pile.

So, A.L.L., tell me – how’s life treating you right now?

I feel life's treating me better than usual- I got a job, a steady paycheck, which means I'll be able to afford such luxuries as health care, new clothes, food and housing.

Still, on the other hand I am getting minimum-ish wage, in a place that does morally dubious trade, people are abusing my position as a trainee to lob every little thing they can't be bothered to do towards me, and I'm feeling a bit helpless and an utter coward, so my self-esteem issues seem to be making a comeback.

I'm still alone, heh, but that's nothing new under the sun.

Bread said:
I feel life's treating me better than usual- I got a job, a steady paycheck, which means I'll be able to afford such luxuries as health care, new clothes, food and housing.

Still, on the other hand I am getting minimum-ish wage, in a place that does morally dubious trade, people are abusing my position as a trainee to lob every little thing they can't be bothered to do towards me, and I'm feeling a bit helpless and an utter coward, so my self-esteem issues seem to be making a comeback.

Sad day for humanity when health care is considered a luxury. what a shame. Why can't the USA and other countries have medicare like we do in Canada? I never understood that. I'm no political scholar, but I feel sorry for Americans.
I'm not so sure how much longer Canada will have the coverage we do though. It's 2011, everyone is out for themselves. It's Thunder Dome.

LoneKiller said:
Bread said:

Sad day for humanity when health care is considered a luxury. what a shame. Why can't the USA and other countries have medicare like we do in Canada? I never understood that. I'm no political scholar, but I feel sorry for Americans.
I'm not so sure how much longer Canada will have the coverage we do though. It's 2011, everyone is out for themselves. It's Thunder Dome.

It's indeed rather strange for health care to be a luxury - I honestly do believe it should be available to just about anyone who needs it on the planet. Also, Bread, good to hear that at least some things are looking up :)

Life is OK for now. I've got problems but I realize they are mostly my fault. I'm just going day to day not really caring about much anymore. My problems just don't feel like that big of a deal at the moment. I'm just enjoying being able to chill out and do what I want most of the time. I'll enjoy it while I can. Eventually I won't be able to. I'll be working my ass off trying to get to the point where I can chill out and do what I want most of the time again. But for now, things aren't so bad.

You seem a little stressed out. Just worry about yourself and don't worry about living up to societies standards. Most of the pressure you feel is because you let yourself get pressured. Life isn't fair but who cares? Worry about doing what you can for yourself. It will be easier for some people and harder for others. Either way it has zero affect on you so don't obsess, get over it. Get a roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back, find a cheap hobby, and just chill out and have fun. Don't worry so much about what's going on around you.

Itd been very hard on me....

Trying not to think or worry too much about it

Im indecisive and need to just make a decision and go with it. .

Anywho ..is was someone that was really negative when I wrote the above.. So I feeling sortta like honeysuckle...

Then a new friend I met just called and asked me to go hang.

Life was so good just 3 months ago. I had just graduated. I had a perfect girl I had been with for several years. I had 2 jobs. I had just received a scholarship for my next program I would start in the fall. Everything couldn't have been better. I felt that all the hard work was finally paying off.

Then I find out my girl was cheating on me... for a whole #@$! year!! I lost 1 job. I lost my scholarship. I'm really trying to look on the bright side of life, but right now it's not an easy task.

Girls have cheated on me before. It's not an uncommon thing for females to do, but I didn't expect it from this one. She was the good girl type... no, not this one. :( I also can't believe that job is gone. I would have thought I would have lost the other. This was the SECURE job .. or err the one I thought was secure. Scholarship... I'll get another right? Meanwhile how am I supposed to cover next semester, especially when I just lost a job lol.

I have to try to keep my sense of humor through all of this. It's the only thing keeping me going right now. That, and my optimism. I know things will get better. I just have to have patience & fortitude.

"When you're going through hell.... don't stop."

If worse comes to worst, at least you have a degree to fall back on. You can always go to school again later.

Life is telling me "Be patient!" but I can't.

I want to see people now! It would bee difficult to wait until January.

kamya said:
Life is OK for now. I've got problems but I realize they are mostly my fault. I'm just going day to day not really caring about much anymore. My problems just don't feel like that big of a deal at the moment. I'm just enjoying being able to chill out and do what I want most of the time. I'll enjoy it while I can. Eventually I won't be able to. I'll be working my ass off trying to get to the point where I can chill out and do what I want most of the time again. But for now, things aren't so bad.

You seem a little stressed out. Just worry about yourself and don't worry about living up to societies standards. Most of the pressure you feel is because you let yourself get pressured. Life isn't fair but who cares? Worry about doing what you can for yourself. It will be easier for some people and harder for others. Either way it has zero affect on you so don't obsess, get over it. Get a roof over your head, food on your table, clothes on your back, find a cheap hobby, and just chill out and have fun. Don't worry so much about what's going on around you.
You're right.. and I usually don't fret about things like these so much, but sometimes you just have to let it out a bit. And I know I don't have it THAT bad, I'm still providing for myself, but life seems to be getting stale, and that simply isn't what I was striving for.

SkuzzieMuff said:
In my opinion, it's more like "How do you treat your life?" (d)
True, in a way. But there are countless factors in life which you can not influence.

Life is okay.

There are factors which I don't have control over, but I can try to compensate for them inasmuch as possible, and focus on what I can have the most effective and salutory influence over. At the end of the day, I realize that my standard Western level of life is far better than at least half of the world has to experience.

kamya said:
If worse comes to worst, at least you have a degree to fall back on. You can always go to school again later.

Not an option in my case, but things will work out, I'm sure... I'll make them work out :D

SkuzzieMuff said:
In my opinion, it's more like "How do you treat your life?" (d)

Very true

well asides form midterms, minimum wage, and the extremely long term singleness

not too bad,

gotta kept that in mind, at least I don't live with my mother anymore

:)

Life is... Life. .__. Sometimes I have bad times and sometimes good times. The whole life is a big change.

Now it's ok... It could be so much better, but now I have to keep my hope and don't lose it.

I am too stubborn not to get back up after being knocked down - This way, I can "give the bird" to life and yell obscenities at the world on the way back down to the ground one last time.

(In other words, life - even now - is continual cycle of seeing how much I can take from all directions until I finally succeed even though it seems I am losing the battle big time, but determined to win the war.)

LIFE IS TREATING ME LIKE honeysuckle, NOTHING NEW. SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD PUNCH LIFE IN THE FACE , AND THOSE GODDAME INTERVIEWERS.

LonelyClothar said:
LIFE IS TREATING ME LIKE honeysuckle, NOTHING NEW. SOMETIMES I WISH I COULD PUNCH LIFE IN THE FACE , AND THOSE GODDAME INTERVIEWERS.

same here I would leave him wheel chair bound and having to use a straw for the rest of days with plenty of mental scars like he has given me and send happy people past him all day.

People say you make your own luck I think this is bull sometimes you can try and work towards something and it might work out. But then you can also be, very unlucky have a honeysuckle life try your best to get on and get nowhere.

I guess the thing is outlook, expectations, lower them and you cant fail, but what is the point in living to just to be, it is pointless waiting for a train that never comes while loads are passing with people having a party

Latest posts

Back