Loneliness level quiz

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boonieghoul said:
Aisha said:
Maybe that's because this forum is called A Lonely Life, and so it would probably follow that most people doing the test on here score high because they are... lonely. :p
Yes, it's less than ideal, but not because most people here or most people taking it score high.
...that's one of my main problems, Aisha. I misunderstand the intent of rather simple conversation because I've been alone so long, getting the meaning of what is said is like deciphering the Mayan Codex. I take things far too literally, miss cues, and act as if I have Asperger's Syndrome. Maybe I do. I simply don't know. My few attempts to begin conversation (with the intent of starting friendship ) eventually end up like the bar scene between John Nash and the "blonde" in A BEAUTIFUL MIND. I've embarrassed myself often enough that even trying has become painful.

I meant no offence boonieghoul, I hope you didn't take any. I have been through periods of time when I didn't interact with a single person for months at a time, or even want to see them. I can understand what you mean by being alone so long you forget how to communicate. In some ways, I am still relearning how to. It's part of the reason why I'm on the forum. You can't interact very much, and talking to someone online is never going to be like talking to someone in real life, but at least it's one form of practice. Keep trying and I'll keep trying too, and hopefully we'll both see progress. All the best boonieghoul.

No, I took no offense, Aisha. This misunderstanding glitch in my communication wetware is why I'm on this forum, as well. As I've said elsewhere, I honestly feel like an alien, and am trying to get the hang of Earth communication again. "Stranger in a Strange Land" much? (reference to Valentine Michael Smith, Robert Heinlein's Martian from the classic SF novel )

Wayfarer said:
got 30.. hmm getting better.. last time was... I don't remember XD but worse surely

32... apparently worse.. even though I do feel better.. meh

Bebeskii said:
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/loneliness.htm
I scored 35. It seems I have an extreme loneliness and I kind of agree with that. I haven't been feeling very lonely and wounded for past 3 months, but I crave for a companionship all the time.
Can you guys please tell me your results ?

31 for me!
Since my loneliness is partly by my choice it doesn't bother me as much but I do crave for companionship of people that understand me all of the time.

PenDragon said:
PenDragon said:
33, 24, 16 and now It's 27, guess I'm returning to old ways :p

17, now. There you go, now it's having a roller coaster ride. I don't mind. ;)

14, now. Well, sounds go to me. I wish nobody were lonely but...

Hang in there guys!!! Well, I know you had been hanging there for quite a while just a little more longer :)

Latest posts

Back