My Photographic Work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favourite photos I took with an iphone while wandering around a historic town called Daylesford here in Victoria. The old Morris was tucked behind an antique store and I took the photo through a wire fence just knowing it would turn out to be an awesome shot.

View attachment 7559
I bloody love this shot, you're an incredible photographer, when I get my big break can I use this for my 1st album cover? ;)

One of my favourite photos I took with an iphone while wandering around a historic town called Daylesford here in Victoria. The old Morris Minor 1000 circa 1960 was tucked behind an antique store and I took the photo through a wire fence just knowing it would turn out to be an awesome shot.

View attachment 7559
I love the composition of this shot, the use of the white space it really leads the eye to car. I need to start watching this thread...

Awesome stuff! I'm just getting into photography myself, not to the level of it being a legit hobby, I have too many of those already lol, but I do want to be able to take better pics on my hikes, runs, etc, than lousy cell phone shots so I bought an entry level camera and have been practicing (going to yellowstone next week with friends, I'm hoping to get cool shots of the wildlife).

So looking at these - how do you decide what would look better in duo tone, black and white, desaturated, etc, vs color? Do you take them sans color or use photo software to remove it after the shot so you can compare versions?

..............................So looking at these - how do you decide what would look better in duo tone, black and white, desaturated, etc, vs color? Do you take them sans color or use photo software to remove it after the shot so you can compare versions?
Sometimes i can just tell what would look good in B&W, but other times I will have a look in my editing software. When i shoot, i always select RAW format in my camera, which captures the most data that you can then manipulate more effectively than choosing the jpeg option. Depending on your camera, you may be limited to only jpeg. There are great tutorials on Youtube, and I would suggest searching your model and seeing what's there, and if you're on FB, there might be a group for your camera which can be very insightful. I would also suggest to learn to shoot in Manual Mode as soon as possible to get the most out of your camera. Have fun and good luck. Happy to answer other questions you may have.

Latest posts

Back