neighbors

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maidendeth

Reaction score
im hoping im posting this in the right section. this is going to be long and im sorry but thank you if you read this.

anyways, i live in these apartments, the section i live in is mostly elderly. i keep to myself but im acquainted with some of them, tell them hello and good morning, all that stuff.
my neighbors on the other hand, ive never spoken to. theyre a family, a wife(?), three kids, and man, all living in a one bedroom. the man has been very odd since ive moved in, i hear him yell at the woman alot, banging on doors and windows at night when he comes home from wherever, just very odd..this isnt the oddest part though.

I used to have a group of friends come over every other weekend, we have some drinks, listen to music, nothing crazy. some will go outside for a smoke for respect of my home. i dont think ive done anything bad for him to be so weird with me. they would leave late, im talking like 4-5 in the am, and this man would still be up opening his door at the sound of voices or going back and forth to his car. ok whatever. but one night my friends were leaving and they were walking to their car, and this man followed them to the parking lot, sat in his car (which was parken next to theirs) and just watched them. they were really freaked out and called me right away. they asked if they could stay a little awhile longer because they did not feel safe leaving right then.
this man does this frequently. he comes outside when he hears me come outside, and usually i try to think its just coincidence but you know how people say to go with your gut feeling.
i used to sit outside with my boyfriend and talk on our little area by our front door and my boyfriend was creeped out by him because the man came out and stood by his door, just there. doing nothing. theres many small instances where hes being weird, but i just chalk it up to him being my weird neighbor. ill live with it.

fast forward to yesterday, i was heading to give my boyfriend a ride home from work. i walked out of my apartment and at the same time im leaving, the family is coming home. i walked past them and as soon as the man passes by me he looks at me and says "eww". i honestly wasnt feeling my best that day, was a little confused and hurt that he would make a comment like that when i havent talked to him in my life, and just let it go as i havent been in the mood to deal with trivial things like this. when i come home, hes sitting in his car. just sitting there.

this morning i wake up to start my day, i head out to my car, and lo and behold the drivers side is egged. my car is the only car to be egged. at this point i start crying because i have no idea what ive done to anybody to have somebody go so far and be so childish. i want to just go to my moms and talk to her and i cant and i just feel like this is the last thing i need with everything thats been going on these past months.

im making an incident report to the police so they can have this on file in case something else happens in the future. i dont have any proof it was him, ive asked the apartment my car was parked in front of if she'd seen anything and she didnt. but im still doing it just in case. you might not get the creepiness of this man through this post, but trust me, he kinda scares me. so much so that ive actually made the comment to my sister and mother a while back that if anything happened to me to tell the police to look into my neighbor. i wish i could move but im low-income right now and this is the only thing i can afford. :/

i dont really know what im looking for in response to this post, unless any of you have any advice or experience with a problematic neighbor? im just venting because right now i dont really have anyone else to talk to.

can a mod delete this thread since its just taking up space then...

I would like to read and reply, had an interesting neighbour once, just my time has been taken up with other things and it is a tad on the longish side that's probably why there haven't been any yet. But if you really want it removed let me know. I'll just close it for now so there aren't a lot of replies, it can always be reopened.

Okay I just read all that. :D

First of all, you should contact your landlord and let them know your concerns. This guy sounds creepy and weird. Filing and incident report with the police is a smart thing to do, and I hope you got that cleaned off your car, egg can ruin paint. Sitting in his car and watching you all, that is creepy. I'm surprised they are allowed to live in a place with 5 people and one bedroom. I know you said moving wasn't really an option for you but maybe look around for other cheap apartments? With that kind of neighbour it doesn't sound safe. Now he might be doing that because you have friends over late and you are younger, sometimes people just do that kind of thing when it comes to young adults, usually older people tend to do that though, not someone who has a family to worry about.

One thing I want to address is your friends being over late, 4-5 am is kind of late. Even if you haven't had complaints from neighbours it is a bit rude to the people around you. I lived in a small apartment building and trust me, even if you think you are being quiet if there is drinking and people going outside to smoke, it usually isn't all that quiet. I never really complained to my landlord when people did that, just brushed it off because I didn't want to cause trouble and it wasn't a regular occurrence. That is as long as they weren't smoking near my windows and that crap wasn't wafting into my apartment. If I was woken up to the stench of cigaret smoke I let my landlord know. People weren't allowed to smoke near the building.

Like I said though, if you want to keep this thread let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back