Nice places to visit in the world ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejau

Reaction score
I've really been thinking a-lot lately and I want to go on a little trip myself! Did it once and really liked it so why not again :). I live in the Netherlands but want to see a little more of the world while I still can! So I was wondering if some of you guys have some "you just HAVE to been there once in your life" places :p
I really like nature so I prefer a little town over a huge city but couldn't really think of any myself. Any idea's :D ?

Im sorry, Im biased. SCOTLAND!
Try Isle of Skye. I hear there is great fishing there as well.
The Black Isle is a small-ish place too, though not an island, but a peninsual.

I'm biased too. You should visit the western coast of Norway, with it's fjords and mountains. Also, if you don't mind the cold and wind, you should check out Lofoten in northern Norway. Google has nice pictures of both regions.
No huge cities in Norway, so that won't be a problem for you. =)

Norway is nice. :D I enjoyed my trip there immensely!

Another nice place is Talinn, Estonia. Great prices, friendly post-communism atmosphere of revelry and pleasant, down-to-earth people... nice weather, the works! :)

Wow I did some research about Norway and it really is amazing! :|
Those fjords wow! I'd love to see one of those :)
Just wondering how I could ever get there :eek:! The closest airport to one fjord (the most south, close to a town called Geiranger) is like ehm not sure, far away! According to Google maps the closest airport is 86 KM away, but I'm not sure if I can ever get from the airport to Geiranger.

That link really did help me :)! Thanks!
I did some serious calculating about my cash but seems I have some saving to do haha :p the trip itself might cost me around 500-600 euro's and I don't really got a full-time job. But at-least now I have something to work for :D

EveWasFramed said:
Im sorry, Im biased. SCOTLAND!
Try Isle of Skye. I hear there is great fishing there as well.
The Black Isle is a small-ish place too, though not an island, but a peninsual.

x2 here

I haven't been to Skye since I was 7 but it's lovely.

Hey, don't underestimate CANADA! Want some mountain towns? Go to B.C, beautiful mountains, some secluded towns. Or you can go to the more folky newfoundland (some towns are only accessible by boat, that's how rural it is), not to mention St.Johns is one of the friendliest and smallest capital cities I've ever visited. Also, I live in Ontario and will vouch that anything in between the two coasts can be just as beautiful!

how about jersey at channel islands? it is good there or cornwall in south of england

Thanks all, really nice places from some pictures I saw!
I think I will stick to Sweden tho, but Cornwall as a 2nd option haha, well once again thanks! I still have a-lot of saving to do... But still :)

If you like nature and some of the friendliest people, Scotland! The highlands are beautiful! Lots of hiking and neat places to visit that are historical. I REALLY want to go to Orkney. It's one of Scotlands Islands. They have fantastic wildlife! Seals, puffins, whales, etc. Lots of wildflowers the right time of year and great views. There are also some ancient neolithic sites. Here is a something to look at:

http://www.visitorkney.com/
http://view.vcab.com/?vcabid=geaSeanrpScceera

I would also say Scotland and the Isle of Skye, but I wouldn't be the first, and you've been there. So I'll say Oxford. If you're into old medieval buildings and the whole boarding school-thing, or have a Harry Potter-obsession(I'm so busted!). :) It's probably the most beautiful town I've ever been to. Magdalen college, Bridge of sighs, the Bodleian library. *sigh*

Good luck, wherever you go, and be sure to let us know what it was like. :)

You could go to the alps or Switzerland as well if you want mountains and stuff, or lake Geneva, or the countryside around venice, the Vento is supposed to be beautiful. Tuscany also = lots of little mountain villagees clinging to forested mountainside.

Oxford hmmm... That's a good one as well :) You guys truely do have some of the best places, exactly what I asked for in the first place haha. Thanks alot! I will definatly start saving money (already am for the past two weeks actually) and when (and where) I go I'll tell you guys about the trip :)!
Really looking forward to get away from it all, at-least for a while...

South Africa - Stellenboch, Knysna, Kimberly, Praal, Manakwaland. Many more I can think of that is worth the effort.

I'm so in love with Crete's small villages.
5228636522_5ed587021f_z.jpg

Latest posts

Back