Oh, Christ, get me into the UK.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raven22

Reaction score
Ive heard that the UK is a great place to live.
A very progressive County, where any and all people can speak their mind's without fear of reprisals, as they have an open policy on free speech.
People can discuss or have conversations, about thing's, about issue's, and not be told that only certain things can be talked about, that would seem to be trying to control free spech, something some people protest against, that they themselves are guilty of doing.
A democracy, where everyone can have a say in which political party is voted in.
A great welfare system,and free health care for all.
Plenty of job opportunities.
Great Schools.
Nice prisons.
Sounds a really great place to live.
And an open border policy that means anyone can go there, or leave if they are not happy living there.:)

th_popcorncat.gif

It also has massive class disparity, an increasingly unpredictable political climate, a healthcare system that is falling apart and a welfare state that's becoming untenable. A great place to live, sure, but not exactly a haven of peace and prosperity either.

See, the thing is....everyone has some problem with their government. There's always going to be SOMETHING that a group of people or even an individual doesn't like. Ask yourself this, it is DIRECTLY altering the way you live? Is there ANYTHING you can do to change your situation?
If the answer is no, move on and stop whining about it. Okay, yes, if you can rally people and get a petition or whatever the hell you do in those situations to actually make progress in changing whatever it is, then by all means do it, but focusing on everything negative will only bring yourself down. Focus on the good and if you can't do anything about it, accept it and move on.

I heard Germany is better.

( I lived in London for 2 years in the 90s and I miss it a lot. My personality fits in well there. Although I read in The Guardian today that class stratification and gentrification there is a huge problem now.)

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back