Post freely on this board

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I meant meditation. Eastern philosophy. Spiritual liberation. Plato's allegory of the cave.
Yes, I know. I dealt with some of that in the first paragraph, too. I was just taking it in a different direction, one that I also find interesting and that actually has some implications for spirituality.

Don't worry, I've studied Zen, Vedanta, Theravada and general philosophy, including mysticism (though I don't like the terms "Eastern" and "Western," because they're often used to dismiss "Eastern" by "Western" schools - I think they should all be treated together, but most of academia doesn't agree). I find Plato's Cave Allegory based on a metaphysics that I don't really know what to do with, but it is a beautiful passage and concept. The same book (Republic) has other concepts in it that I find totalitarian and a little nasty, so Plato can be a mixed bag. Everyone should read Plato, though.

Last edited:
Today I took the garbage out and a neighbor's worker decided he should talk to me. I pretty much just stood there and nodded to whatever he said. He mostly bragged about how he has five houses and he can charge lots of rent now with the way the economy is. He didn't really say anything extreme or mean. But, it wore me out and I had to come back inside and put off doing some work I was trying to force myself to do. I sure hope this doesn't become a common thing for me. But, people IRL seem to really zap me of my energy now.

Today I took the garbage out and a neighbor's worker decided he should talk to me. I pretty much just stood there and nodded to whatever he said. He mostly bragged about how he has five houses and he can charge lots of rent now with the way the economy is. He didn't really say anything extreme or mean. But, it wore me out and I had to come back inside and put off doing some work I was trying to force myself to do. I sure hope this doesn't become a common thing for me. But, people IRL seem to really zap me of my energy now.
God do I know how this feels.
I like to take walks and don't mind it when people say hello or need something, but when they need me to listen to them go on and on about the dullest ego trippy type things, it makes me want to leave fast. Just feign lunacy and take your leave. 🤪
Most people have always exhausted me. That's an introvert for you.

Can I post not abou a loneliess here? Just to vent...

That people forbade minors... everything except schools. They tell "we are not going to lockdown" but it's exactly what they do, lockdown for the minors. Due to COVID. It's so funny that schools with 40kids in one room are OK but other classes with 10 kids in one room are not OK, no swimming-pools, no sport, no anything. Even outside. Yeap, kids can't read and write on-line, but they are suggested to swim, skiing and dance on-line.
Are there minor's hospitals overloaded? No, and the adults here are told to be mostly all vaccinated there with "the best vaccine in the world".
Are they going to test the kids in school? No, there is no use in it(I think that now it's really useless but it's what they told a year ago), they don't have money(just not for the citiezens).
Who would pay for classes, should I pay for them without attending or should the teachers there stay without a salary for this period? Not goverment's business. I can understand if everything is closed for everyone, I can understand if schools are on-line, but just making a lockdown only for the families with children - it's too much. It seems like they're inventing what else to forbid - it's just all they can, only forbid. And they are fighting just postitve test's statistics, what is the use of it now? Why do not to keep in mind how many people are in the hospitals?

And no, they are not going to clean the snow to reduce the number of people using the muincipal transport instead their own cars and fallen and hurt people that need medical help. Traumotologies are overloaded but they won't tell a word about it, just say that some criminals don't let them clean the city(dunno, may be this criminals blow to the clouds or take a snow from Arctic and put it here, cause in this city every December appears "unexpected snow" and stays "unexpected" till March). The governor told that when there was almost no snow they coped it well. What did he mean? Did they clean the invisible snow well? I'm so tired of him and his nonsence and all the political and economical situation in general... I wonder if I should to wait for the police to come now, cause we are not allowed to defame our goverment. Dear police, I think you should arrest the snow and the ice at first, cause they are defaming your goverment much more.

I get that kind of empty senseless conversations sometimes. It also wears me out. I nod and pretend to listen. Mostly few neighbors and strangers in public places.

How to stop being a control freak? I used to be a moment to moment person but since my husband got sick ten years ago I've really felt responsible for everything. I keep getting bothered about things I just don't want to care about (like being hyperfocussed on energy use) 😬
Well, that's what I'm looking at today for my Saturday retreat but I'm pretty sure I'm going to watch Billions, maybe I'll find the answers there. I've already read a few articles and listened to Tara Brach but I'm not in the mood!
Screenshot_20220129-121341~2.png
😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😬

I'm in danger of turning this thread into my own personal angst diary and must curtail the rot, right here and right now.

To that end, I am going to pose a light hearted question to noone in particular. When I was a small child and oblivious to many of the basic truths of the world and it's workings, I remember trying to teach my dog a few basic words of English. Has anyone else here ever attempted such a preposterous undertaking, or did I raise the bar a notch too high?
Yes, I have succeeded. Little Puppy Borak ( 12yrs old) can say, I love you. It's three howls, but it does sound like I love you. It keeps me laughing.

$10 mil this govt will rob me faster than i'll be able to dispose of it. I'll take the red. with my knowledge i'll survive. but in another place at another time. i want a life i never had, not money.

Not from the age of six...who exactly would be taking care of you? I'll take the blue pill.
Says restart your life from the age of six, it would be the same people taking care of you who were taking care of you when you were six

And 10 million in cash is easy to make knowing everything you know currently back then, just wait till you're old enough, invest in stuff you know is gonna succeed and bam

Says restart your life from the age of six, it would be the same people taking care of you who were taking care of you when you were six

And 10 million in cash is easy to make knowing everything you know currently back then, just wait till you're old enough, invest in stuff you know is gonna succeed and bam
If we are going to start making up the rules then I think we should be able to take both pills, return to being 6 years old, and have the $10M. Then I would declare emancipation and move into my own home and legally bang all the pretty young girls I could before turning 18. Ha! Ha!

just wait till you're old enough, invest in stuff you know is gonna succeed and bam
This is problematic for me if I have to go back with what I know now I couldn't make $10 million... I don't know what's good to invest in.
I'm not sure I could change my course even knowing what I know now. Maybe it would all be even more traumatic knowing what I know now. Yikes.

Last edited:
If we are going to start making up the rules then I think we should be able to take both pills, return to being 6 years old, and have the $10M. Then I would declare emancipation and move into my own home and legally bang all the pretty young girls I could before turning 18. Ha! Ha!
Wait how am I making up rules? o.o

Latest posts

Back