Questions for both Men and Women.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay okay question!

Would you join a dating site for intellectuals only? You have to answer a quiz set up by the other person to unlock their photos and ability to message them? 😅
I'm an opportunist Princess, tell me when the sites up and I'll set up one selling the quiz answers, we'll make a mint.

Thats it none of you are any fun 😂 its supposed to be light hearted flirty witty sexy spicy!!
Matching with a know-it-all who insists Einstein got ot all wrong and can recite the alphabet backwards in hebrew? No thanks, I'll stick with the normies 😜

Finally a man who knows Loveeeee and romance unlike the Canadians 👀 cough cough…
:giggle: 🇨🇦
Moreso when I was younger, but I use to have very young girls (pre-teen) and old ladies always gravitate to me, never my own age, which was annoying.
the age thing with me as well ... I think it signifies purity which is unspoiled in young girls and restored in old ladies

Finally a man who knows Loveeeee and romance unlike the Canadians 👀 cough cough…
...don't think your tiny behind is safe from a good kickin' just cos you're across the pond, young lady. I could totally swim that if you give me enough of a reason 😜
I'm reasonably romantic, I think. Some would say even a bit sappy. But, your proposed parameters are a bit niche for me. Exactly none except one of my ex girlfriends attended uni and, that one, while knowledgeable... wasn't quite the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bless her lol.
If you want me to go for the low blow, though...I'm French, you're English. Are we to toss out our respective reputations and stereotypes on which of us two is the most romantic? 😈

Moreso when I was younger, but I use to have very young girls (pre-teen) and old ladies always gravitate to me, never my own age, which was annoying.
Yeahh I know a lot of guys like that, my ex was like that no one his age kinda wanted to date him at all.

...don't think your tiny behind is safe from a good kickin' just cos you're across the pond, young lady. I could totally swim that if you give me enough of a reason 😜
I'm reasonably romantic, I think. Some would say even a bit sappy. But, your proposed parameters are a bit niche for me. Exactly none except one of my ex girlfriends attended uni and, that one, while knowledgeable... wasn't quite the sharpest knife in the drawer. Bless her lol.
If you want me to go for the low blow, though...I'm French, you're English. Are we to toss out our respective reputations and stereotypes on which of us two is the most romantic? 😈
There is not a romantic bone in your body 😅 anyone who isnt thrilled by my quiz is a meanie

Okay okay question!

Would you join a dating site for intellectuals only? You have to answer a quiz set up by the other person to unlock their photos and ability to message them? 😅

Tough question.

On the one hand, I feel kind of intellectual at times.
On the other hand, not so much.

I feel like I'm too smart to feel like everything is fine and dandy.
But at the same time, not smart enough to get out of things being "not fine".

I don't think I'm the smartest person in the room.
But at the same time, I've been around people that are definitely not intellectual, and I feel like, I just can't - I can be nice and pretend to be fine with this, but if I'm being honest with myself I'm not fine with it at all, because I'm not getting enough stimulation, the person isn't saying anything relevant to anything I care about or want to know more about, and/or the person is getting on my nerves.

If I don't get enough stimulation, I get bored fast.
But, I've always been good at entertaining myself.

I feel like it could be a lot of "I'm smarter than you" pretentious people on there.
That's particularly irritating, because a lot of people who claim to be intellectual, aren't really that intellectual.
They try to be intellectual but when you look past the high-brow phrasing and look at what they're actually saying, it isn't that profound, deep, insightful, or original - it's either just obvious truths, or repackaged stuff that other people said before, yet they act like they invented it and are smarter than you for it. Lots of intellectual people, or people who say they are/think they are, can be cold, mean, and arrogant. And that's a major turn-off for me, not only sexually but personality-wise and just completely.

Also there's more to being intellectual than just being able to do math. I've noticed that some people in life who are very smart at math and things like that, are very much NOT smart at other things. I think being smart in one thing makes it more likely to be smart in something else, and just smart in general, but it's not a guarantee.

I've never been stellar at math, probably a little bit above "just OK" at best (I took through Calc 2 in college but man am I rusty). I think I'm better at the more "critical thinking" side, or the "general curiosity" side.

I don't know. I probably wouldn't join a site EXCLUSIVELY for "intellectuals", because I think it would attract both a lot of mean people, and posers. But I definitely want, and need, some intellectual stimulation.

Hopefully I haven't come off as pretentious myself!

Tough question.

On the one hand, I feel kind of intellectual at times.
On the other hand, not so much.

I feel like I'm too smart to feel like everything is fine and dandy.
But at the same time, not smart enough to get out of things being "not fine".

I don't think I'm the smartest person in the room.
But at the same time, I've been around people that are definitely not intellectual, and I feel like, I just can't - I can be nice and pretend to be fine with this, but if I'm being honest with myself I'm not fine with it at all, because I'm not getting enough stimulation, the person isn't saying anything relevant to anything I care about or want to know more about, and/or the person is getting on my nerves.

If I don't get enough stimulation, I get bored fast.
But, I've always been good at entertaining myself.

I feel like it could be a lot of "I'm smarter than you" pretentious people on there.
That's particularly irritating, because a lot of people who claim to be intellectual, aren't really that intellectual.
They try to be intellectual but when you look past the high-brow phrasing and look at what they're actually saying, it isn't that profound, deep, insightful, or original - it's either just obvious truths, or repackaged stuff that other people said before, yet they act like they invented it and are smarter than you for it. Lots of intellectual people, or people who say they are/think they are, can be cold, mean, and arrogant. And that's a major turn-off for me, not only sexually but personality-wise and just completely.

Also there's more to being intellectual than just being able to do math. I've noticed that some people in life who are very smart at math and things like that, are very much NOT smart at other things. I think being smart in one thing makes it more likely to be smart in something else, and just smart in general, but it's not a guarantee.

I've never been stellar at math, probably a little bit above "just OK" at best (I took through Calc 2 in college but man am I rusty). I think I'm better at the more "critical thinking" side, or the "general curiosity" side.

I don't know. I probably wouldn't join a site EXCLUSIVELY for "intellectuals", because I think it would attract both a lot of mean people, and posers.

Hopefully I haven't come off as pretentious myself!
Well I think all that would truly happen is it will attract people who love quizzes and the intellectuals would avoid it at all costs 😂 but I mean I was thinking more along the lines of something to shake up online dating… make it less swipe swipe easy access and more of a challenge you know?

Well I think all that would truly happen is it will attract people who love quizzes and the intellectuals would avoid it at all costs 😂 but I mean I was thinking more along the lines of something to shake up online dating… make it less swipe swipe easy access and more of a challenge you know?

I agree, something to shake up the usual would definitely make it more interesting.

And I wouldn't mind at least trying the quizzes 😅

But just like in school, someone could be smart but have a bad test day, and you wouldn't want to eliminate someone just for that!

Hmm I don't know what I'd put on mine...

thinking "Car History" or "Star Wars lore" 😆

Explain to me the 7 forms of lightsaber combat, and I'm yours!

Explain to me the 7 forms of lightsaber combat, and I'm yours!
I think it's scary you'd actually know the answer to that lol. Now I can never call myself a nerd anymore 😜
Maybe I'm boring and cheesy, but my idea of romance isn't online quizzes ir dating apps. It's two people alone in a room talking. With a little bit of music on, diffuse lighting, maybe a fire crackling. Just talking, kissing, holding hands. To me, that's the basis of romantic. It's close and intimate, it's private.
Online feels like the opposite. Like a popularity contest or a reality show. It makes me queasy.

Hmmm opinions… Can someone be truly lonely and still picky and fussy and have standards? 🤨 Or is their pickiness proof they are not lonely at all?

A friend of mine has that exact same issue. We were chatting recently, and an older lady approached him, saying she was looking to get pregnant but her husband wasn't cutting it for her... He said no since he himself is a child with no father known... and then another story where a 17yo girls was flirting really hard with him (I was closeby when it happened) and she later revealed her age afterward... kind of F***** up :(

Hmmm opinions… Can someone be truly lonely and still picky and fussy and have standards? 🤨 Or is their pickiness proof they are not lonely at all?

People can be in entire decades long marriages and still be lonely. Which sadly unfortunately happens rather frequently in both the upper aristocracy in Western cultures as well as in Third World countries where Arranged Marriages are still a thing and Divorce isn't a legal option yet. I can understand why women in such places get so upset. I don't like the idea of being owned or caged, either. I'm okay with boundaries, but there's a difference between having relationship boundaries and being so insecure that you want to own every aspect of your partner down to even what they wear. I don't think pickiness is proof of loneliness, I think pickiness is a totally different thing, actually. I think it's an axial differential. Because as a man, especially if you're still hormonal and younger and you haven't had sex in a while, I can completely understand why a guy would "date down," but then also experience what's sometimes called "post-nut clarity," or the sudden realization that you just made a really dumb decision with your life and compromised yourself and your vision with a lower value woman because you couldn't think straight because of your own hormones (I'm not excusing it at all, I'm just saying that I understand why it happens). Which I guess is the masculine equivalent of when younger girls rebound hookup, maybe?

People can be in entire decades long marriages and still be lonely. Which sadly unfortunately happens rather frequently in both the upper aristocracy in Western cultures as well as in Third World countries where Arranged Marriages are still a thing and Divorce isn't a legal option yet. I can understand why women in such places get so upset. I don't like the idea of being owned or caged, either. I'm okay with boundaries, but there's a difference between having relationship boundaries and being so insecure that you want to own every aspect of your partner down to even what they wear. I don't think pickiness is proof of loneliness, I think pickiness is a totally different thing, actually. I think it's an axial differential. Because as a man, especially if you're still hormonal and younger and you haven't had sex in a while, I can completely understand why a guy would "date down," but then also experience what's sometimes called "post-nut clarity," or the sudden realization that you just made a really dumb decision with your life and compromised yourself and your vision with a lower value woman because you couldn't think straight because of your own hormones (I'm not excusing it at all, I'm just saying that I understand why it happens). Which I guess is the masculine equivalent of when younger girls rebound hookup, maybe?
That pretty much describes me to a tee.
So my answer is yes.
Hmm Do you think its fair to say picky people are lonely by choice?

Latest posts

Back