Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ever so charming Ardour made me think of a question! Come on lads we are marching towards equality! Its a bit spicy so brave men only no… you know… shy lads allowed lol but do men need to “sow their oats” before they commit? Is this a real thing? Do men need to “get it out their system” so they can be committed? I think this old wives tale causes the misconception that a man with little experience will break ya heart, you know? Any thoughts?

This is a good question! (y)
Unfortunately, it'll differ from man to man though. 😕

My experiences with women have helped me navigate women better, but have brought me no closer to believing Together Forever is a thing. When I was a child, yes, I believed in it, and growing into an adult I was sorely disappointed.

Growing from that disappointment however, lead me to an interesting perplexity:

The "Natural Law" order of things, that is, blatant hedonism, is demonstrative of a lack of Self Control and a lack of Personal Accountability, And while it's fun and you can enjoy yourself, it's best not to make it your home sotospeak mentally...

But also, I really don't want to get taken advantage of again, not in the way that can completely fresia up my life via my resources.

Therefore and conclusively:
I find the spectrum of the dating pool to be a sort of catch-22, a series of complex situations in which there is no good outcome. So the solution for me, was to just stop dating, adjust my diet up and down according to whatever my labors are, walk away from the dating pool and just keep focusing on other things. There are plenty of other things in life.

Okay okay! Serious question, if men are sooooo strong, why cant you handle getting waxed? 😂

I can, but I just take the tools and the time to shave instead. It takes longer, but it's also a more personal experience. How, as humans, can we begin to say we appreciate, love and understand other peoples minds and bodies, if at first we do not take the time to try to learn to love and understand our own minds and bodies? To a large degree, my bodies only relativity outside of my health, is to house the mind, and in my younger years, try to be attractive. In my older age though, the last thing I care about trying to do is draw attention to myself.

I kind of feel like Cranky Kong: 😂

317-3179240_cranky-kong-hd-png-download.png

I'm just here to rock back and forth in life and thwack some kids over the head from time to time and lecture them about how "back in my day" we didn't have X/Y/Zed. 😂

This is a good question! (y)
Unfortunately, it'll differ from man to man though. 😕

My experiences with women have helped me navigate women better, but have brought me no closer to believing Together Forever is a thing. When I was a child, yes, I believed in it, and growing into an adult I was sorely disappointed.

Growing from that disappointment however, lead me to an interesting perplexity:

The "Natural Law" order of things, that is, blatant hedonism, is demonstrative of a lack of Self Control and a lack of Personal Accountability, And while it's fun and you can enjoy yourself, it's best not to make it your home sotospeak mentally...

But also, I really don't want to get taken advantage of again, not in the way that can completely fresia up my life via my resources.

Therefore and conclusively:
I find the spectrum of the dating pool to be a sort of catch-22, a series of complex situations in which there is no good outcome. So the solution for me, was to just stop dating, adjust my diet up and down according to whatever my labors are, walk away from the dating pool and just keep focusing on other things. There are plenty of other things in life.

I can, but I just take the tools and the time to shave instead. It takes longer, but it's also a more personal experience. How, as humans, can we begin to say we appreciate, love and understand other peoples minds and bodies, if at first we do not take the time to try to learn to love and understand our own minds and bodies? To a large degree, my bodies only relativity outside of my health, is to house the mind, and in my younger years, try to be attractive. In my older age though, the last thing I care about trying to do is draw attention to myself.

I kind of feel like Cranky Kong: 😂

317-3179240_cranky-kong-hd-png-download.png

I'm just here to rock back and forth in life and thwack some kids over the head from time to time and lecture them about how "back in my day" we didn't have X/Y/Zed. 😂
I'd like to think all my questions are good... but... thats probably my narcism talking 😅 im kidding, but hmm very interesting, I think sometimes, how easy my ancestors had it, no expectations just... catching food and sleeping around lmao.

Looool I just think men turn into the biggest babies when being waxed, or anything I just do regularly. I think they put period pain simulators on men and they were almost folding in half and I thought omg lool it makes no sense.

Okay okay! Serious question, if men are sooooo strong, why cant you handle getting waxed? 😂
Easy! Men are smarter! A long, long time ago we men decided women needed to be tortured even more then normal so we all got together and decided they needed to be as hairless as possible. But, shaving wasn't painful enough. So, we decided to convince the women to put hot wax on their bodies and pull the hairs out by their roots. It was easy to convince the women to do it too. We just told them that it made them look more beautiful. Then we all laughed and had some more beers. Ha! ha!

Easy! Men are smarter! A long, long time ago we men decided women needed to be tortured even more then normal so we all got together and decided they needed to be as hairless as possible. But, shaving wasn't painful enough. So, we decided to convince the women to put hot wax on their bodies and pull the hairs out by their roots. It was easy to convince the women to do it too. We just told them that it made them look more beautiful. Then we all laughed and had some more beers. Ha! ha!
I literally feel nothing when I wax, nothing at all lol men on the other hand... scream and cry if I try to wax them lmao

I literally feel nothing when I wax, nothing at all lol men on the other hand... scream and cry if I try to wax them lmao
Well, IMO, I think some of it has to do with technique. I've pulled some of my eyebrows out for as long as I can remember. They have always been very wide. It was painful until a girlfriend showed me how to do it properly. Then I felt nothing.

Here's a little story for you. While in the military I was standing at attention in my uniform reading for inspection. The chief walked by and saw a hair on my shirt so he pulled it off. Unfortunately it was still attached. He noticed and said, oops, sorry, as it provide quite a bit of resistance. That one hair bled through my shirt. I tried to find evidence that men's hair has deaper roots but I couldn't.

I have read in the past that after hairs continually get pulled out their roots get weaker. So, there is that.........

I'd like to think all my questions are good... but... thats probably my narcism talking 😅 im kidding, but hmm very interesting, I think sometimes, how easy my ancestors had it, no expectations just... catching food and sleeping around lmao.

Looool I just think men turn into the biggest babies when being waxed, or anything I just do regularly. I think they put period pain simulators on men and they were almost folding in half and I thought omg lool it makes no sense.

Men have an instinctive drive for as per hunter ancestry.
That's just what testosterone does to us.
Teaching ourselves to understand our mental health better demands an assessment of our emotional hemisphere, and we're not really raised with that skillset. That's an optional trial and error thing to us.
I fail to see the relevance of a power struggle from the sentient perspective of our individual and universally understood mortality.
Or simply put: There's no point to power dynamics, because we're all going to die one day and that's a counter-intuitive approach. We need to be more progressive, not regressive. That demands that men take the time to learn about themselves in this way, but more importantly it demands that men learn to accept themselves along this path, and I think that is somewhat lost in the characteristic development of people: Your mind is, literally your mind. Nobody can take that from you, but people can give it away.

Men have an instinctive drive for as per hunter ancestry.
That's just what testosterone does to us.
Teaching ourselves to understand our mental health better demands an assessment of our emotional hemisphere, and we're not really raised with that skillset. That's an optional trial and error thing to us.
I fail to see the relevance of a power struggle from the sentient perspective of our individual and universally understood mortality.
Or simply put: There's no point to power dynamics, because we're all going to die one day and that's a counter-intuitive approach. We need to be more progressive, not regressive. That demands that men take the time to learn about themselves in this way, but more importantly it demands that men learn to accept themselves along this path, and I think that is somewhat lost in the characteristic development of people: Your mind is, literally your mind. Nobody can take that from you, but people can give it away.
Hmm food for thought a question for the left side of your brain if you will… do you think men are as strong as they used to be physically? In terms of combat? The average man of today vs the average viking… who would win?

Hmm food for thought a question for the left side of your brain if you will… do you think men are as strong as they used to be physically? In terms of combat? The average man of today vs the average viking… who would win?

I don't think that's possible. The average man today and a viking would each interchangeably likely make each other deathly ill with pathogenic differences and both would probably die because that's how science works. 🤷‍♂️

I don't think that's possible. The average man today and a viking would each interchangeably likely make each other deathly ill with pathogenic differences and both would probably die because that's how science works. 🤷‍♂️
I think medicine made humans weaker, like even women, having a natural birth is like rare now its crazy to think women would be having c sections with nothing in the past, put a woman of today through that… not sure i’d survive it 😖

Almost certainly more physically fit but not stronger.

Viking era men were about 10cm shorter than Scandinavian males today (sorry to ruin your Northman Netflix fantasy there!) and would likely have suffered from poor nutrition as children. Decreasing temperature and crop failure were partly responsible for the Viking expansion into Europe.

I think medicine made humans weaker, like even women, having a natural birth is like rare now its crazy to think women would be having c sections with nothing in the past, put a woman of today through that… not sure i’d survive it 😖

Medicine has increased the longevity of life expectancy, which is what it's supposed to do. Being alive is kind of important.

Viking era men were about 10cm shorter than Scandinavian males today (sorry to ruin your Northman Netflix fantasy there!) and would likely have suffered from poor nutrition as children. Decreasing temperature and crop failure were partly responsible for the Viking expansion into Europe.
They'd have been more diseased than most of todays rats too and dead long before 30

Ardourrrr lol I still think they'd win in battle 😂

I don't think so. Today's men would be sitting on the couch eating chips while shooting laser guided missles at the charging Vikings. Haven't you ever played World of War Craft?
I want it hand to hand even fair fight😇

I think Vikings would win in close-quarters combat, since that was more a part of more people's daily life back then.

I don't think Vikings, or any pre-modern soldier, would fare too well against modern guns though - making their physical strength a moot point.

This is an interesting topic of discussion though. I've always felt like I was glad to live in the modern world, in a less violent, less Darwinistic environment. I always thought that my freedom to enjoy "nerdy" things was only possible due to modern science and technology, and modern attitudes. Back then people didn't have time for activities that were just for fun and served no practical or immediate purpose, unless you were really rich. It's still like that today in rougher parts of the world. That's why when people say they want survival of the fittest, and that people today are soft, it doesn't make any sense to me. That world to me, was worse in every way. And the softer, safer, kinder, more comfortable world that gives us the freedom to enjoy things, is the point of all of our advancements.

Last edited:
I think Vikings would win in close-quarters combat, since that was more a part of more people's daily life back then.

I don't think Vikings, or any pre-modern soldier, would fare too well against modern guns though - making their physical strength a moot point.

This is an interesting topic of discussion though. I've always felt like I was glad to live in the modern world, in a less violent, less Darwinistic environment. I always thought that my freedom to enjoy "nerdy" things was only possible due to modern science and technology, and modern attitudes. Back then people didn't have time for activities that were just for fun and served no practical or immediate purpose, unless you were really rich. It's still like that today in rougher parts of the world. That's why when people say they want survival of the fittest, and that people today are soft, it doesn't make any sense to me. That world to me, was worse in every way. And the softer, safer, kinder, more comfortable world that gives us the freedom to enjoy things, is the point of all of our advancements.
I agree Skafish! I mean I wouldnt wanna go back to a time before anaesthesia… I cant even handle the needles to administer it let alone to live without it lol But I do notice how much weaker as a species humans are due to all of our advancements. Just the difference between the average 20+ year old of today compared to the average 20+ year old of maybe 20-30 years ago is a huge jump, according to stats 🤓

Ahh my old home, how I loveee this thread… right so wouldnt be me if I didnt annoy the lads with a question !

How would you feel about having a wife who would never ever cook for you after your 13 hour long shift? Her choice who cares? Or Hey, thats a long shift, I deserve to come home to a meal?

Latest posts

Back