Questions for the Men

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes men should shave when asked to ;) I'm kidding...it's your face (or body part) and if you don't want to shave it don't. We expect men to be hairy.

Quick question for the guys. I'm dating this guy who is very different from my usual-for lack of a better word- 'type'. He's really smart and funny, good with computers, like Japanese comic books 'type'. It's my turn to choose what we do on our date. What would impress him? I'm considering staying in and cooking for him but that seems so cliched. Any ideas?

I absolutely LOVE when the girl cooks me a meal. no lie it's amazing in my mind. I don't think many men think things like tha are cliched because we like it. at least I do, sorry i'm not much advice but that's my two cents

So cooking is good...wow I overthink everything. It's so much easier to be a guy at times. Thanks for your help It Was Mine. xx

Yes, i would think that it would be good.

Naleena
Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:
Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

I cant answer that,because not every men talk like that or neither has the same character..

Just cut to the chase and catch that hooligan off guard. It should go something like this:

Guy: "What are you doing this weekend?"
Girl: "What do you want me to be doing this weekend?"
Guy: *With stupid grin* "Uhhh..." (not sure where he's at in conversation, but thinking the smile will ensure him sex)
Girl: *Punches guy lightly in stomach* "That's for calling me Jessica!"
Guy: "WHAT!?"
Girl: *Walks away in feigned disgust.*

Then the girl calls him the next day apologizes, explaining that she was feeling wily because she forgot breakfast. Then girl invites guy to hang out. Guys don't think fast, so even after a day he is still confused, so he agrees. Girl and guy meet somewhere to eat breakfast. Girl explains this is a good idea because guy won't get punched again. Both laugh. Girl has intrigue, guy likes intrigue, guy likes girl.

Not complicated at all. Really.

Well, just to let you know, Jasmin, and I can't speak for all guys, but I figure I can for the broader or taller types. We love good food. "The quickest way to a man's heart is through his stomach." Make something hearty. Something simple, filling and delicious, like some huge pork ribs or a big steak with steamed veggies, or stir-fry! Given you said he is into the japanese comic books and animation, he probably eats ramen often. This means he doesn't eat well. You show him a good meal and trade some funny or awesome stories with him while you're eating and I can **** near guarantee he'll love you forever! I certainly would! It's funny. Seems like men are afraid to ask women for a home-cooked meal because of not wanting to offend them with the thought of being an old pre-women rights stereotype, but if you do it willingly, it's seen as the most glorious gift you could give a man, a full, warm belly and a nice woman to snuggle with....or more... :3

Well, the truth, most decent men are blended in with the rest of them. Honestly most good men are misconcieved as so called 'average' men. You can't determine a decent or intelligent man based on looks alone, because I'm in a rap band and some girls think I'm a thug because of it, but they wouldn't know that I'm in college with a major in business and I'm writing a trilogy novel. Since intelligence and decency are not physical qualities it can be a needle in a haystack, but decent men are truly everywhere just the same as indecent men.

9 times out of 10, the smile thing is a loss of words, or being shy, maybe not knowing what to say that won;t make a guy sound like an idiot or a perve, or sometimes it's simply the fact that the guy mey not be in a position to approach you (for whatever reason)

If a guy doesn't really like you a whole lot, he'll only keep you around for a possible last resort. So, standing you up and apologizing later is the easiest way to do this. On the contrary, a guy who really likes you would'nt miss a chance to hang out for the world, so if he stands you up, it usually means he died, lol.

casual wear, jeans, shirt, etc. perfectly appropriate.

jasmin said:
Yes men should shave when asked to ;) I'm kidding...it's your face (or body part) and if you don't want to shave it don't. We expect men to be hairy.

Quick question for the guys. I'm dating this guy who is very different from my usual-for lack of a better word- 'type'. He's really smart and funny, good with computers, like Japanese comic books 'type'. It's my turn to choose what we do on our date. What would impress him? I'm considering staying in and cooking for him but that seems so cliched. Any ideas?

Please take my advice. If your smile and affection aren't impressive enough for him, find someone else. Company and affection is all I ever asked for. It should be the going rate for any guy who is truly looking for someone. If that's not the case, then he probably considers himself a stud which wouldn't be good unless you were the girl of his dreams. And to some guys that's still not enough.

jasmin said:

There's no such thing as a cliche date for a guy. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy to just go see a movie and stop for burgers with a girl if she chose that for a date. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I think Cypha's right. Guys don't really require interesting dates, they require interesting girls...which means you should just be yourself and have fun, no matter what the date is! :)

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
There's no such thing as a cliche date for a guy. Honestly, I'd be perfectly happy to just go see a movie and stop for burgers with a girl if she chose that for a date. Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I think Cypha's right. Guys don't really require interesting dates, they require interesting girls...which means you should just be yourself and have fun, no matter what the date is! :)

----Steve

once again, bjd, you nailed it right on the head.

i have never thought of anything i could go do with a girl in terms of cliched or not cliched. you know as well as i do, that if a girl we are interested in called and said, hey wanna come over and read magazines on my sofa while i clean the house, we would be like "HELL YES". or maybe that is just me. :p

Just_Some_Dude said:
you know as well as i do, that if a girl we are interested in called and said, hey wanna come over and read magazines on my sofa while i clean the house, we would be like "HELL YES". or maybe that is just me.

LOL EXACTLY!! :D Totally agree!

----Steve

Badjedidude said:
jasmin said:

----Steve

I know I'm not a guy. >.>

But, if he's into Japanese culture, maybe hit up a sushi bar that cooks the food in front of you? Those places are so fun, but sometimes the bill can run high - depending on what you get. There are some sushi bars that serve steak, too. Just have to look around for a good one.

Otherwise, just stick to what the guys have already said. ;)

Naleena said:
OK, so I'm not a man but, sometimes I would like to know what you guys think :) Soooo here is the thread to do it in.

Here is your first question. When a man asks you what you are doing this weekend, what does that mean? And why do they do that with no intentions of asking a girl out? lol!!! It's like:

Guy: What are you doing this weekend?
Girl: Oh nuttin.
Guy: Well, have fun.
Girl: **thinks to herself** what the hell was that? He asks me what I am doing and then doesn't ask me out**giggles**

Honestly Naleena, it's because we are afraid to ask you out. That's why we beat around the bush. It takes a lot of courage to ask a woman out. Most of us, if we are honest, I think would tell you that we do not wish to expose ourselves to rejection.

RebeccaSarah33 said:
Why is 'hard to get' sexy/attractive/desirable? Is it really? If it is... why? LOL

Lol there's no such thing. ;)

Seriously, though...I suspect it has to do with "hard to get" women being seen as less "tainted" somehow. It's like if a woman is hard to get, then maybe she's had fewer men and is more pure...or something silly like that.

Aside from that, everyone just seems to want things they can't have anyway...it's almost human nature to look for rarities or things that are hard to achieve. So I guess some people take it as a challenge and focus on trying to get the woman that's "hard to get."

Haha I hope that made some sense.

----Steve

RebeccaSarah33 said:
ok, my question for the guys is. Why is 'hard to get' sexy/attractive/desirable? Is it really? If it is... why? LOL

That is a very common misconception. Probably true for some guys though. Personally I don't go for hard to get.

Latest posts

Back