quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you judge a fish on its ability to climb trees, it will spend its whole life thinking it is stupid. - Einstein
I did not fail. I've found 10,000 ways that don't work! - Einstein
I know I can't do it, but I'm still going to do it. - Escher

"I felt ashamed for what I had done. I don't have any excuses. I did what I did. I take full responsibility for myself and my actions. I wouldn't pawn this off on anybody. I'm sorry it happened. And I hurt people"
- Louie Anderson

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could; some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; you shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lonely in BC said:
Dont know if this belongs here or not and as I've firckled around the site I haven't noticed it so here goes...

I enjoy reading quotes. Especially quotes that have a humorous comment on our day to day activities.

Here's one the sparky on site gave me today- he was commenting on the lack of/style of leadership shown by the site supervisor.

"He who rocks the boat seldom has time to row it"

Hope more of you will contribute

Hello,
Me like it "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

Probably the only person who can motivate me to go on with building a career.

''And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.''
- Ayrton Senna

"As Grimnor Skullcrusher charged into battle, he realized he'd forgotten his battle tutu."

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him." ~Leo Aikman

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise." ~Author Unknown

"Why love, if losing hurts so much? I have no answers anymore: only the life I have lived. Twice in that life, I've been given the choice: as a boy and as a man. The boy chose safety, the man chooses suffering. The pain now is part of the happiness then. That's the deal."

One of my favorite quotes is one that someone on here posted a while ago. I think it was Jam, but I'm not sure..

"Some days are beautiful, and I can imagine a life where most days are. I am not eager to die, for death has been waiting for me since the moment I was born and we shall certainly meet. I just want to find what I'm looking for before time runs out."

Interviewer: "Give us your best tip for overcoming depression."

Stephen Fry: "To regard it as being like the weather. It's not your responsibility that it's raining, but it is real when it rains, and the fact that it's raining does not mean that the rain is never going to stop. The only thing to do is to believe that, one day, it won't be raining and accept it so you can find a mental umbrella to shield yourself from the worst. The sun will eventually come up."

"Wherever a man goes, men will pursue him and paw him with their dirty institutions, and, if they can, constrain him to belong to their desperate oddfellow society."
—Henry David Thoreau

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."
—Henry David Thoreau

"Why the big secret? People are smart. They can handle it. "
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you'll know tomorrow. "

-Men In Black

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”

Charles Dickens

“We keep humans safe from anything non-human. That would include you, freak.”

Joshua Stone, W.A.T.C.H.

164433_350131785101152_766063214_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back