quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to make a mountain out of your life
is just a choice
but I never learned enough
to listen to the voice that told me
always love,
hate will get you everytime

--some song, I've forgotten who it is :p

I had a weird dream that i was driving on the interstate and someone was chasing after me so i jump out of the car and down the off ramp and i land on a car, and 50cent, snoop dog, and rihana come out from the car that i just landed on and then rhinana was like "**** what do you know aparently white people do just fall from the sky" It was a weird dream i don't know why but i just remeber that line.

:D

evanescencefan91 said:
I had a weird dream that i was driving on the interstate and someone was chasing after me so i jump out of the car and down the off ramp and i land on a car, and 50cent, snoop dog, and rihana come out from the car that i just landed on and then rhinana was like "**** what do you know aparently white people do just fall from the sky" It was a weird dream i don't know why but i just remeber that line.

:D

lmao that's awesome!:p

"The human mind, I take it, must have either comfort in the past or hope in the future," ... "otherwise it is in danger. To me, sir, the past is intolerably repulsive; one boundless, barren, and hideous Golgotha of dead hopes and murdered opportunities; the future, still blacker and more furious, peopled with dreadful features of horror and menace, and losing itself in utter darkness. ... Between such a past and such a future I stand upon this miserable present; and the only comfort I still am capable of feeling is, that no human being pities me; that I stand aloof from the insults of compassion and the hypocrisies of sympathetic morality; and that I can safely defy all the respectable scoundrels in Christendom to enhance, by one feather's weight, the load which I myself have accumulated, and which I myself hourly and unaided sustain."

~Marston
J. Sheridan Le Fanu 1895

Don't take anything personally. Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be the victim of needless suffering.
~*~ Don Miguel Ruiz ~*~
The Four Agreements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.

How can a troubled mind
Understand the way?

Your worst enemy cannot harm you
As much as your own thoughts, unguarded.

But once mastered,
No one can help you as much,
Not even your father or your mother.
(from the Dhammapada, teachings of Buddha)

"To live in the heart of the heartless is to know the disease. And to know it is to feel it in your veins as it pours from mine."

ok, I heard these on the Bob and Sheri show on the radio...

"He was so scared, he outran the word of the lord" -Sheri

"as nervous as a squirel on caffeine" -also Sheri

"Patience is a [*******] virtue."

(I find that hard to do sometimes. very very hard.)

"Everything happens for a reason" (hard to undertstand sometimes)

This may have been done before, but every day we hear things that have a strong meaning to us, and sometimes even change us. Ideas can come from books, movies, music, or every day life.

Anything from:

"AROUND HERE, HOWEVER, WE DON'T
LOOK BACKWARDS FOR VERY LONG.

WE KEEP MOVING FORWARD, OPENING UP NEW DOORS AND
DOING NEW THINGS, BECAUSE WE'RE CURIOUS....
AND CURIOSITY KEEPS LEADING US DOWN NEW PATHS."

-- Walt Disney

To:

"You've got mail!"

-- America Online

We all have quotes we like. What quotes do you like?

something like..

a ship in it's harbor is safe..but that's not what ships are built for.

because i know i was very afraid of relationships and sex ...and before my first relationship i told myself this lol. it didnt work out.. but at least i was doing what i was 'built' to do. lol.

I guess this is just another lost cause, Mr. Paine. All you people don't know about lost causes. Mr. Paine does. He said once they were the only causes worth fighting for. And he fought for them once, for the only reason any man ever fights for them;Because of just one, plain, simple rule: Love thy neighbor. And in this world today, full of hatred, a man who knows that one rule has a great trust. You know that rule, Mr. Paine, and I loved you for it, just as my father did. And you know that you fight for the lost causes harder than for any others. Yes, you even die for them, like a man we both knew, Mr. Paine. You think I'm licked. You all think I'm licked. Well, I'm not licked. And I'm going to stay right here and fight for this lost cause. Even if the room gets filled with lies like these, and the Taylors and all their armies come marching into this place. Somebody Will listen to me....Somebody....
-The filibuster at the end of Mr. Smith Goes to Washington(collapses at the end)

That is my all time favorite movie quote, brings a few tears to the ol' eyes for me lol

Favorite Quote...
"No matter who or what you've become, does not diminish the ability...the responsibility... to make yourself over into who you 'ought' to be...

michelangelo said:
Favorite Quote...
"No matter who or what you've become, does not diminish the ability...the responsibility... to make yourself over into who you 'ought' to be...

We cannot change anything until we accept it. Condemnation does not liberate, it oppresses.
Carl Jung

Haapiness is as a butterfly,which, when pursued, is always beyound our grasp, but which,
if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Hawthorne

"...designed like a porcupine, untouchable, im a full course meal, your a lunchable..."
"... as i speed through the sky with the birds eyes view, n you must be high like a nerds I.Q,..."

yea that a good rap. ugly duckling "left behind"

These are all some very nice quotes, what quotes do other people like?

Latest posts

Back