quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somnambulist said:

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. (Whoever founded AA)

This reminded me of Slaughterhouse five, by Kurt Vonnegut. Aw now I feel like rereading it.

Somnambulist said:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. (Whoever founded AA)

It was actually Reinhold Niebuhr that wrote that.  He did not found AA, he was just a theologian who wrote it for a sermon.  It was adopted by AA 9 years after it was written.

TheRealCallie said:
Somnambulist said:

It was actually Reinhold Niebuhr that wrote that.  He did not found AA, he was just a theologian who wrote it for a sermon.  It was adopted by AA 9 years after it was written.

Ah, interesting. Thanks !

"Whoever takes up and seriously pursues a matter that does not lead to material advantage, ought not to count on the sympathy of his contemporaries."

- Arthur Schopenhauer

“Yet each man kills the thing he loves
By each let this be heard
Some do it with a bitter look
Some with a flattering word
The coward does it with a kiss
The brave man with a sword”
― Oscar Wilde, The Ballad Of Reading Gaol

This quote has always resonated with me.

Also:

“We need to forgive ourselves. For all the things we didn't do. All the things we should have done. You can't get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened.”
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie

tothemoon said:
“We need to forgive ourselves. For all the things we didn't do. All the things we should have done. You can't get stuck on the regrets of what should have happened.”
― Mitch Albom, Tuesdays with Morrie

I love that quote, I love that book and I love that author. <3

Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

tsar said:
Mongol General: Hao! Dai ye! We won again! This is good, but what is best in life?
Mongol: The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.
Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

"They uh all slaaatz"

"Crommmm ... grant me revenge. And if you do not listen, then to 'ell with you !"

241ba1d4e582f24933f6c7d6b688b9f6.jpg

“Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.”

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it. - Albert Einstein

It has taken time to misguide you so completely, but it takes no time at all to be what you are. - A Course in Miracles

Latest posts

Back