quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts" - Dickens

pinocio said:
"Expectation is the root of all Heartache"

-Sir William Shakespeare.

The actual quote is "Oft expectation fails and most oft there where most it promises, and oft it hits where hope is coldest and despair most fits".

DarkSelene said:
"Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts" - Dickens

pinocio said:
"Expectation is the root of all Heartache"

-Sir William Shakespeare.

The actual quote is "Oft expectation fails and most oft there where most it promises, and oft it hits where hope is coldest and despair most fits".

Yeah you're right ,it's similar that Shakespeare said ,it's from Second Noble Truth Of Buddhism ,expressed as "Desire is the root of all suffering "-what is expectation but desires.

pinocio said:
Yeah you're right ,it's similar that Shakespeare said ,it's from Second Noble Truth Of Buddhism ,expressed as "Desire is the root of all suffering "-what is expectation but desires.

That certainly fits in a Buddhism book. To me, expectation goes beyond a desire since it means hope. The Shakespeare quote is from "All's Well That Ends Well".

6a30f2d90d09279af6d88b3d8a487956.jpg

I saw this post on my bosses Facebook today and thought I'd share it here, it's something many of us need to remember from time to time.  It's from the Shared Facebook page which I'll provide the link at the bottom in case anyone wants to share it on their Facebook.

"If someone treats you like crap, just remember that there's something wrong with them, not you.  Normal people don't go around destroying other human beings."

"For a wound to heal, you have to clean it out. Again, and again, and again. And this cleaning process stings. The cleaning of a wound hurts. Yes. Healing takes so much work. So much persistence. And so much patience. But every process has an end and an appointed term. Your healing will come… And like all created things, your worldly pain will die."

— Yasmin Mogahed

"Don't let your sadness of the past and your fear of the future ruin the happiness of your present "

Latest posts

Back