quotes...sayings....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There’s often a reason why people and dogs bite. It’s about self-protection. If we respect what we may not know about the suffering of others and look at them compassionately, we open the door that can lead to understanding.

~ Jennifer Skiff, The Divinity of Dogs: True Stories of Miracles Inspired by Man's Best Friend

As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison. – Nelson Mandela

HE WHO KNOWS DOES NOT SPEAK;
HE WHO SPEAKS DOES NOT KNOW.
FILL UP ITS APERTURES,
CLOSE ITS DOORS,
DULL ITS EDGES,
UNTIE ITS TANGLES,
SOFTEN ITS LIGHT,
SUBMERGE ITS TURMOIL,
- THIS IS THE MYSTIC UNITY.
THEN LOVE AND HATRED CANNOT TOUCH HIM.
PROFIT AND LOSS CANNOT REACH HIM.
HONOR AND DISGRACE CANNOT AFFECT HIM.
THEREFORE IS HE ALWAYS THE HONORED ONE OF THE WORLD.

The awareness is expressed through creation.
This world we live in is a dance of the creator.
The dancers appear and disappear
at a glance
but the dance is still living.

On many occasions when I’m dancing,
I am touched by something sacred.
In these moments I feel my spirit is raised and
become one with all there is.
I become the winner and the subjugated,
I become the master and slave,
I become the singer and song,
I become the expert and the known.
Still dancing and then this is
the eternal dance of creation.
The creator and creation merge
in one of joy.

Still dancing …and dancing …and dancing,
… until there is only the dance.

-Michael Jackson

Mind is not your intelligence.

It may sound strange but this is a truth, that mind is not your intelligence. Mind can be intellectual, which is a very poor substitute for intelligence. Intellectuality is mechanical. You can become a great scholar, a great professor, a great philosopher – just playing with words which are all borrowed, arranging and rearranging thoughts, none of which are your own.

The intellect is absolutely bankrupt. It has nothing of its own, all is borrowed. And that´s the difference between intelligence and intellect. Intelligence has an eyesight of its own, a capacity to see into things, into problems.

Intelligence is your born quality.

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars.

Og Mandino

I haven't trawled through all the pages of this (one of the disatvantages of being a newbie is all the good stuff has been done), but I like...

"AS GOD SAID... AND I THINK RIGHTLY."

Can take a while to sink in, that one. I love it.

"At age 70, if I had one piece of advice to give to my younger self, it would be to use the words fresia OFF much more often."

- Helen Mirren

CNSAR35UYAAJWtP.jpg

Latest posts

Back