R U attractive, well-read, confident, friendly & FRIENDLESS?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

torontonian

Reaction score
If you are well-rounded, then WHY do you think you're friendless? Do you keep getting screwed over, also? Why? Are people jelaous? Some are lonely because of a phobia, anxiety or mental illness or personality disorder but if you have none, then why are you friendless? COULD it be covert jelaousy? Are you maybe considered 'too perfect' by people?

lmao...

Just becuase I'm crazy dosn't mean I'm stupid...

Of course I have flaws.

Personality disorder is a retarded term to discribe anyone.
A bunch of round people walking around would be boring as hell.
No thanks...don't ream me through a rounded mold. Hell I don't even consider myself a square peg...lmao

I'm not friendless...far from it.

okay eve..if you're reading this... I want my pyscho ***** back :(
I need some excitment and sparks in my life...I can't be a victim..if i volunteer oki doki.
This way on a tuesdays I can appriciate peace and happiness to the core of my being after she drives me crazy on mondays.
Can't you see the logic in that ???
" hurt me baby... one more time." :p

I'm only attracted to someone that's about as sick as i am...and she's the one.
I can totally fall in love with her....See, there's love or a special someone for anyone...:p
Everybody needs that special kind of love...

Actually yeah. Yep. all of them. I've got one friend but we've known eachother all my life.

I don't know? Actually put a check on the mental illness part. But I swear i'm good at keeping myself looking sane. I talk on my cell phone if I have to talk outloud to my voices and make it sound like a conversation with a friend. And not very often only when i'm outside or in the bathroom.

I look pretty normal most the time. I keep together, get good grades, i'm good socially. People are friendly but not my friends. I just can't seem to make that connection.

hmmmmm........been told I am attractive.....am very well read, I suppose when I am not in recluse mode I am self confident, I am friend less, but I do not care that I am friendless...... it seems too much of a hassle to have real friends, I prefer the ones that I have online and those are few and far between ( hi virgi ! :) ) I find real life friends cannot deal with me and I cannot deal with them. They require time and energy that I just do not have and they do not understand what is wrong with me and why I cant go and do the things that real friends do, so I just dont have them.....
I cant even stand to talk on the phone....wont answer it wont have a cell phone, so the internet is my only means of communication that or snail mail....hahaha! and I really prefer that! or smoke signals
I am quite happy with that....
I am now trying to find a way to have everything I need delivered to my doorstep so that I do not ever have to leave or deal with any one ever again, unless it is on my terms and on my turf..... i am the epitomy on the original Hermit

torontonian said:
At least you guys know why you're alone: because you are mentally ill

I am almost angry with this reply, being mentally illness does not in any way mean that you are destined to be alone!!!! It is unfair to say that! It is these uneducated viewpoints that keeps the mentally ill from ever progressing and keeps people from understanding and helping to understand and change the way things are. Not all people with mental illnesses are alone and with more educated points of view, there would be more help and more happiness in their lives. It the uneducated and the ones so quick to point out the whys that keep everyone living in the dark.

I understand your POV and agree, especially with BPD where many successful, sociable people are diagnosed but a minority who have extreme symptoms like you, DO suffer isolation. Plus considering your delusions that you mentioned in another thread, you may be misdiagnosed & actualy be schizophrenic & most schizos do suffer isolation because of their disorder.

Torontonian, I read your posts, and you come across as overwhelmingly arrogant.

I would suggest that other people may see you this way, and that this is a more likely explanation to your not having friends than the jealousy of others.

torontonian said:
I understand your POV and agree, especially with BPD where many successful, sociable people are diagnosed but a minority who have extreme symptoms like you, DO suffer isolation. Plus considering your delusions that you mentioned in another thread, you may be misdiagnosed & actualy be schizophrenic & most schizos do suffer isolation because of their disorder.

I have a hard time going out into public due to some agorapobia but alot of my isolation is due to what I would call public safety issues.
I am at the point where I will not tolerate others stupid or ignorant rude behaviors and will get right in their face and tell them off,or stop the car in the middle of the road and bang on the window and scream at them. I consider myself a threat to others, so I keep myslef isolated for the safety of others and to stay out of jail.
And I do agree with you. Torontorian is arrogant in his or her attitudes towards others and their mental health issues.

I'll concede that possibility, Steel. ledchick, realistically, you can't expect to have BPD, schizophrenic delusions & a spectrum of phobias & disorders & NOT consider them combined as a plausable explanation for your isolation.

Then again, lots of arrogant people are quite successful and not lonely, plus, pointing out that people who have admitted having schizo delusions are experiencing loneliness because of the delusions is not arrogant whereas reacting emotionaly to a likely possibility is pretty arrogant

Does this arrogance still fit in with being "too perfect"?

Thats what Im thinking Minus. It IS possible, considering the low quality of people in general and the nature of modern society in particular, although those offended may label it arrogance for their own sake

Can we keep things from getting too personal please Steel? Thanks.

"If you're so funny
then why are you on your own tonight?
and if you are so clever
then why are you on your own tonight?
if you're so terribly good looking
then why do you sleep alone tonight?
because tonight is just like any other night
that's why you're on your own tonight
with your triumphs and your charms

while they are in each other's arms.."
It's so easy to laugh
it's so easy to hate
it takes strength to be gentle and kind

Smiths lyrics. Very appropriate.

torontonian said:
Thats what Im thinking Minus. It IS possible, considering the low quality of people in general and the nature of modern society in particular, although those offended may label it arrogance for their own sake

Why are people in general "low quality"?

I am fortunate to have known some very talented people in my time. Painting, in particular, is a talent which I do not possess; I can appreciate art, but my attempts at portraying my own insights into a subject go awry somewhere between my brain and my hand. It has always been something I wish I could do, and yet, I am forced to admit I am just not very good at it.

Yet, I do not dislike those who are skilled in this area, indeed, I have had a friendship with a professional artist. I respect and like those people who possess a talent I do not. I will even admit to pangs of envy when I can see the beauty they can create, and yet, at no point does this mean I would dislike them or would not consider cultivating a friendship with them.

does anyone realize that part of being bipolar is that you have grandious thoughts and illusions of ones selves as well as depressive lows? so the arrogance goes with the terrotority and really has little to do with the loneliness, my loneliness is self chosen. I could be surrounded by people 24 hours a day of all walks of life and still be lonely. It is a state of mind.

Steel, people in general being low quality doesnt mean that many individuals dont posess talent, just that to be envious is low quality. Ledchick, no need to get upset, since I only remarked that your loneliness is due to your wide spectrum of disorders which you admitted also & 2nd, I suggested schizophrenia because you said in another thread that your delusions were life-long & not confined to your manic states. Lastly, I commend & thank you for your voluntary isolation. Keep it up. Please

Confident? No. I seem to be too quiet shy for my own good.
Well-read? No. I haven't mastered ANY particular subject, and certainly not through reading.
Attractive? To some, sure. I'm no super model though.
Friendly? I am well mannered, but I don't think the two are synonymous. I'm never trying to get people to go out or hang out with me. Based on my past, I'd say I'm perfectly capable of hanging out with people and having a good time depending on the activity.
Friendless? I certainly feel that way. There are people in other parts of the country I know and would feel comfortable with hanging around. However, I don't have friends where I live (and I do not exaggerate that). I have co-workers, I have little family, and I have "hi & bye-ers"

1. If you are well-rounded, then WHY do you think you're friendless?
Well, you asked if perhaps people see me as too perfect. I don't think so. I think people see me as kind, overall attractive (physically), and somewhat intelligent... oh, and terribly uninteresting.

2.Do you keep getting screwed over, also?
People don't get close enough to me to screw me over.

torontonian said:
At least you guys know why you're alone: because you are mentally ill

At least you know why you're alone: You think people are jealous over you.

Latest posts

Back