R U attractive, well-read, confident, friendly & FRIENDLESS?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
torontonian said:
Steel, people in general being low quality doesnt mean that many individuals dont posess talent, just that to be envious is low quality. Ledchick, no need to get upset, since I only remarked that your loneliness is due to your wide spectrum of disorders which you admitted also & 2nd, I suggested schizophrenia because you said in another thread that your delusions were life-long & not confined to your manic states. Lastly, I commend & thank you for your voluntary isolation. Keep it up. Please

Torontorian,

Please refrain from insluting other members. It's very counterproductive. Thanks in advance.

I am perfect. I am Fergus, and it makes you jealous.
Actually I'm just between God and Chuck Norris on the awesome-o-meter (guess who's first).

EyeWasFramed, Ledchick was unreasonable by countering her own observations when made by someone other than herself, of which the benefit of her voluntary isolation for her own & others' good is one, so it's hardly an insult

Torontonian, you WILL refrain from insulting other members, both on this thread or others, or we will be forced to take action.

heh. Leave it to a real 'Torontonian' to end up being the forum's current suckapie and the biggest one this place has seen in a long time.

Last time there was that creature from Toronto who turned out to be nothing but a fraud and a prime example of true Toronto trash. Now this.

What the hell is wrong with the people in that city?

torontonian said:
EyeWasFramed, Ledchick was unreasonable by countering her own observations when made by someone other than herself, of which the benefit of her voluntary isolation for her own & others' good is one, so it's hardly an insult

She wasn't being unreasonable - she was merely stating an opinion on a forum thread. Just because her opinion differs from yours, doesn't mean she's being "unreasonable" and should be insulted.

torontonian said:
Lastly, I commend & thank you for your voluntary isolation. Keep it up. Please

That remark was rather pompous and sarcastic. That is the remark to which I refer. Just because you don't view the remark as insulting, doesn't mean that others don't.
Again, kindly refrain from making such hurtful comments.

we're all in the same friendless boat for different reasons but the paradigm here seems to be that if you aren't mentally ill, then your POV is less valid than the other person's even when you politely point out their errors in reasoning. encouraging clearer thinking would help them & poking fun at their foibles would develop their sense of humor, even the gods knew how to laugh at their foibles, as do sociable people

torontonian said:
we're all in the same friendless boat for different reasons but the paradigm here seems to be that if you aren't mentally ill, then your POV is less valid than the other person's even when you politely point out their errors in reasoning. encouraging clearer thinking would help them & poking fun at their foibles would develop their sense of humor, even the gods knew how to laugh at their foibles, as do sociable people

"we're all in the same friendless boat..."

I'm sorry, but that's a generalization. I lot of people here have plenty of friends.

"the paradigm here seems to be that if you aren't mentally ill, then your POV is less valid than the other person's..."

Again, you are generalizing. It might be your opinion, but I don't know that you have been on the forum long enough to suggest what "the paradigm here seems to be." You simply don't know enough about all of the members here to make that judgement in such a generalized way. Yes, I know you said "seems."

"poking fun at their foibles would develop their sense of humor..."

When the subject matter is of a sensitive nature, making fun of people is likely not the best way to get them to question their beliefs. Please try to remember the type of forum that you are posting on.

"even the gods knew how to laugh at their foibles..."

Perhaps. :) But we aren't gods, are we?

Most of us are in the same friendless boat if not all or many, either way I DID say 'seems' but it will be more than 'seems' if the serious action you threatened is banishment or suspension but regardless, telling ledchick to maintain isolation that she admits needing, is hardly an insult or serious, so take the last part of my advice in Post #28 to heart

torontonian said:
Most of us are in the same friendless boat if not all or many, either way I DID say 'seems' but it will be more than 'seems' if the serious action you threatened is banishment or suspension but regardless, telling ledchick to maintain isolation that she admits needing, is hardly an insult or serious, so take the last part of my advice in Post #28 to heart

Excuse me, but I didn't threaten you in any way. Perhaps you should go back and read my posts again? You must have me confused with someone else. And please tell me, exactly what part of your advice is it that you think personally applies to me?

One of the mods threatened me and my 'you' was directed at the mods in general, english having no plural for the accusative, the point was lost, with the advice intended as a suggestion on how to treat the sensitivities of Mentally Ill members when one unreasonably suggests that insanity is marginally responsible for social isolation & is angered at being corrected, like ledchick was

torontonian said:
One of the mods threatened me and my 'you' was directed at the mods in general, english having no plural for the accusative, the point was lost, with the advice intended as a suggestion on how to treat the sensitivities of Mentally Ill members when one unreasonably suggests that insanity is marginally responsible for social isolation & is angered at being corrected, like ledchick was

"You [all]"

Plural second person accusative.

___________________________________________############
________________________________________#################
_______________________________________###################
_______________________________________####################
________#####_________________________####################
_____###########_____________________####################
___###############___________________###################
__################___________________###################
_###################_________________###################
#####################________________##################
######################_______________##################
######################_______________##################
######################_____##########################
######################___##########################
#######################_###########_______#########
#################################___####___#######
#########################_____###__#____#__#######
#######################___###__##________#__####
######################___#______#_____________######
######################__#_____________####_____######
_####################___#__#####____#____#____######
__##############_####_____#______#__#______#___#######
____##########__#####____#________#_#______#___#######
______######___######____#________#_#_###___#__#######
________________######____#___#####_######_#__#######
_______________#######____#_######__######___#######
_______________########___#__#####__######_###______##
________________#######____################__________#
________________########____####_########___#_________#
________________########____#___##########____________#
________________#####___##_##__###########__###______#
________________#_________#____###########___#_#_____#
_______________#_______________##########____#__#____#
_______________#_________##______########____#_______#
_______________#________##_______######____#_______#
________________#______#__#_______________##______#
________________#__________#___________####___#_##
_________________#__________##______#######__###
__________________##__________#########__##__##
___________________#______#_____####_____#__#
_____________________########____#__#___#__#
________________________######____######__####
____________________#############______########
________________################################
______________########__########################
_____________########__##########################
____________########__###########################
____________######_______________#################
____________#####___________________###############
_____________###____________________################
_____________###___####_____###________###_#########
______________#___######___#####_________#__#########
______________#___######__######_________#_#########
_____________#___######__#######__________##########
_____________#___######__#######__________####_####
_____________#____####___#######__________#########
_____________#____###____######___________########
______________#___________####____________######
______________#___________________________###
______________#__________________________#
______________#__________________________#
_______________#_________________________#
_______________#__________________________#
_______________#__________________________#
_______________#___________________________#
_______________#______#__#_________________#
_______________#_______##_#_______________#
________________#________###___________##
_________________####______#______######
___________________####################
_____________________#######_#########
______________________#######_#########
_______________________#######_#########
________________________#######_########
_________________________#######_#######
__________________________#######_#######
___________________________######_#######
___________________________#######_#######
___________________________#_#############
_______##########______#___###__######___##########
_____##_________###___###___##__######___#___________###
___##______________##___##___##___####___#_#####_______#
__##_________________##__#___#_#_______#_#________________#
__#____________________#_#____#_#_____#_#_________________#
__#_____________________#_#___#__#___#_#__________________#
___#_____________________#_#___#____#_#___________________#
____#_____________________#_#__#____#_#___________________#
_____#_________________________##____#__________________#

What torontonian looks like IRL.

torontonian said:

Your "suggestion" was on how to "treat the sensitivities of Mentally Ill members" was to poke fun at them, if I recall correctly. Enough said.

EveWasFramed said:
torontonian said:

Your "suggestion" was on how to "treat the sensitivities of Mentally Ill members" was to poke fun at them, if I recall correctly. Enough said.

I am mentally ill. I am a member. Come, poke fun at me.

And keep it crisp. Brevity is the soul of wit.

crescendo.daNiente said:
EveWasFramed said:
torontonian said:

I am mentally ill. I am a member. Come, poke fun at me.

And keep it crisp. Brevity is the soul of wit.

ROFLMAO!

See, EyeWasFramed, not all mentally ill are sensitive to poking fun at their foibles. Cresciendo's attitude is healthy, Ledchicks isnt, so take my advice.

torontonian said:
See, EyeWasFramed, not all mentally ill are sensitive to poking fun at their foibles. Cresciendo's attitude is healthy, Ledchicks isnt, so take my advice.

All people are not the same. Each person should be treated accordingly. You can't paint everyone with the same brush. Maybe you should take that advice.

Latest posts

Back